PackersFan1979

LeSean McCoy 2019 Outlook

Just now, TomBradyDaGOAT said:

Yard per Carry is what I said, not yard per catch. And you are the one moving goal posts... This thread is about Mccoy in year 2019 not the career of Lesean Mccoy. Right now is what matters not the past.

Dude. We were literally talking about receiving abilities. You're the one who brought them up. And now you want to change it to rushing abilities? Beating McCoy's drum over a quarter season of sample size instead of what's been shown over their careers seems dumb to me (especially when Williams sample is a little over two games) so with that I'm done engaging this conversation

1 minute ago, smetana34 said:

Dude. We were literally talking about receiving abilities. You're the one who brought them up. And now you want to change it to rushing abilities? Beating McCoy's drum over a quarter season of sample size instead of what's been shown over their careers seems dumb to me (especially when Williams sample is a little over two games) so with that I'm done engaging this conversation

And we were also talking about this year... and you brought up career numbers. Who cares about career numbers? The NFL is all about WHAT HAVE YOU DONE FOR ME LATELY 

1 hour ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

Bad outing last night 2 touches and a fumble? 

Time to drop?

It's always cute when Dwill's fan club tries it's darndest to pound their chest.

What did Dwill do with all his touches, bro? A whole lot of nothing. He couldn't catch an easy TD, couldn't convert on 4th and 1.

Now, feel free to go back to the Damien topic and crow about how your guy's pitiful performance is a positive moving forward.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, BGDDYKWL said:

People are really grasping at straws here with the "still learning the offense" nonsense. Reid likes McCoy so he doesn't wanna say the Williams are simply better. His ceiling is what we saw the previous two weeks, and that's with Damien out. His floor is essentially zero. 

But they aren't better.  The KC offense was a dumpster fire when Damien Williams is the only back who's getting carries.  If anything yesterday showed us that that offense needs Shady McCoy to win football games.  Damien Williams is an abomination as a runner and they can't afford to throw away every short yardage situation because Damien Williams isn't capable of getting back to the line of scrimmage when they need just a yard.  He's been easily the least efficient runner starting RB in the NFL this year and it couldn't have been any more apparent last night.  

I don't understand how yesterday was a win for Williams given how terrible he looked and how terrible the offense looked with him being the featured guy.  I'm not sure he's seen a loaded box all year yet he's easily the least efficient starting RB in the NFL right now.  

Grasping at straws is saying that Williams is better based on his terrible performance yesterday.

Edited by kevinwayne20
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, dashoe said:

10 year vet with 5 weeks to learn the playbook and he's still sucking?  Not buying he'll ever get it.

What are we even doing here?  Honestly.

In light of what the SF 3-4 headed RBBC did tonight and all season really, wtf are we still doing here?

The Chiefs are showing no interest in running the ball, and when they do they frankly suck at it.  Yes, there’s a ton of upside.  But we’re headed into week 6.  Season’s about half over.  Last week everyone was healthy and was suppose to be a barometer of where this is going.  Going nowhere fast.  If you got one of these guys stash I guess if you have space.  But if you’re holding 2 (me) or god forbid 3 KC backs? Time to cut bait I think.  This thing just didn’t pan out.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, OmegaRed88 said:

In light of what the SF 3-4 headed RBBC did tonight and all season really, wtf are we still doing here?

The Chiefs are showing no interest in running the ball, and when they do they frankly suck at it.  Yes, there’s a ton of upside.  But we’re headed into week 6.  Season’s about half over.  Last week everyone was healthy and was suppose to be a barometer of where this is going.  Going nowhere fast.  If you got one of these guys stash I guess if you have space.  But if you’re holding 2 (me) or god forbid 3 KC backs? Time to cut bait I think.  This thing just didn’t pan out.

You may be excused then. Buh bye.

24 minutes ago, OmegaRed88 said:

What exactly are you cutting bait for though. Not saying you’re wrong but name something on waivers you’re cutting shady for. 

6 minutes ago, phisouza33 said:

What exactly are you cutting bait for though. Not saying you’re wrong but name something on waivers you’re cutting shady for. 

Fuller and Sutton come to mind at a quick glance.

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, OmegaRed88 said:

Fuller and Sutton come to mind at a quick glance.

Yep - if those guys are not rostered, just go pick both up.  And count yourself exceedingly lucky.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, 99-percent-sure said:

Even though he's looked good out there for the most part, that's 2 out of 5 games where LeSean has put up a near-goose egg, and now Damien is back. If you have, say, four other RBs on your roster who are ranked in the top 30 options and have shown themselves to have higher floors, I don't think it's crazy to let him go if you have other needs. Guys like Carlos Hyde and Ronald Jones might be safer RB2/flex starts if you have them on your bench, even if their ceiling is a bit lower. I mean, he only had two touches. Yeesh.

How sure are you about that?

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)

Man the hype train really came to a hault this week. All of you shaming people for jumping ship need to check yourselves. Zero carries. I'm personally keeping him stashed on my bench but wow, this is the worst RBBC backfield in fantasy right now.

If you aren't injured and you're getting zero carries. It's hard to hold onto someone with that kind of floor.

Edited by n4sa

8 hours ago, SkittleMania said:

It's always cute when Dwill's fan club tries it's darndest to pound their chest.

What did Dwill do with all his touches, bro? A whole lot of nothing. He couldn't catch an easy TD, couldn't convert on 4th and 1.

Now, feel free to go back to the Damien topic and crow about how your guy's pitiful performance is a positive moving forward.

Damian Williams owners are persistent. Only a matter of time before one of them stages a robbery at McCoys house. 

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, WonkaWorld said:

San Francisco: Hold my beer

lol what?  Guys in that backfield produce.  KC backs couldn't hold their jock.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, WonkaWorld said:

Lol. Coleman and Breida carried it 27 times yesterday. That’s exactly 18 times more than Dwill and LeSean. 

Reid is being strategically conservative with McCoy right now. It's the same approach he takes with injured players. He will roll out McCoy a ton down the back stretch into the playoffs. 

12 hours ago, jonasdash said:

10 year vet with 5 weeks to learn the playbook and he's still sucking?  Not buying he'll ever get it.

Theory:  McCoy's inability to pass protect was not for lack of assignment knowledge.  Instead, perhaps he could not pass block properly because his ankle is not right.

Agreed that the Damien truthers should be WAY more worried than they seem to be.

8 minutes ago, SharkSwimmer said:

Theory:  McCoy's inability to pass protect was not for lack of assignment knowledge.  Instead, perhaps he could not pass block properly because his ankle is not right.

Agreed that the Damien truthers should be WAY more worried than they seem to be.

Yet here we truthers are, @SharkSwimmer-  bathing in the glory of backfield dominance 👀 

Kidding aside-  the ankle could be part of the reason-  but knowing Reid’s offense and audibles from Philly years ago is prob not the same as knowing this version with KC.    Just a guess-  i do think Shady is the guy to own when the dust settles.  

Can't start him until he shows life again, but I still think he's the back to own in KC.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, WonkaWorld said:

I don’t think you used this phrase correctly 

I was a McCoy truther but the guy getting zero carries when Damien Williams returns is damning regarding what the team thinks of their three backs when all are healthy, especially since carries were the one area he seemed to have the edge over the two Williams. If they considered him the McCoy of old he wouldn't have had 0 carries, 2 touches in a competitive game. With the game on the line they had the two Williams out there.

• Like 2