PackersFan1979

LeSean McCoy 2019 Outlook

Agreed. McCoy should be a good flex play next week.

Edited by bomont
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Dexter75 said:

Whether a RB is a featured back or in a RBBC has zero to do with the QB and passing game. It has to do with if they feel comfortable enough with said RB being a "bell cow," or featured back. I was just pointing out that his comment about only a handful of teams using a bell cow back is inaccurate. I just listed 15 teams who use a featured back who gets 70% or more of the workload. Thats a bell cow back. 

the jaguars, Giants, Jets, Colts, Saints, Titans, Raiders and Steelers have “zero concerns” about their passing game?

Bwahaha!!

3 hours ago, FreakFries said:

the jaguars, Giants, Jets, Colts, Saints, Titans, Raiders and Steelers have “zero concerns” about their passing game?

Bwahaha!!

This is where you need to learn to separate fantasy from reality. Minshew, Carr, Bridgewater and Darnold are all in the top 12 in passer rating. Brissett is at 16 but he’s about to move up after his excellent 26/39 for 326 and 4 TD day. Titans, Steelers and Giants (since acquiring Barkley) are run first teams, doesn’t  matter who is under center for them. Barkley, Conner and Henry would be seeing this workload regardless. 

On 10/19/2019 at 4:30 PM, kraftwrk_5 said:

No, but that would be an interesting report to see. Got a link?

It was a ESPN+ fantasy alert didn’t see the article, probably just a speculation from Adam.

39 minutes ago, Dexter75 said:

This is where you need to learn to separate fantasy from reality. Minshew, Carr, Bridgewater and Darnold are all in the top 12 in passer rating. Brissett is at 16 but he’s about to move up after his excellent 26/39 for 326 and 4 TD day. Titans, Steelers and Giants (since acquiring Barkley) are run first teams, doesn’t  matter who is under center for them. Barkley, Conner and Henry would be seeing this workload regardless. 

as you pointed out earlier regarding small sample sizes, a few good stats don’t mean a player is all that. Take Damien Williams for example: he had a great stretch for 4 games last year but had been miserable this year. None of these QBs are being counted on as the foundation of the offense, the RBs are.

honestly it seems like you are being dishonest or have confirmation bias when you say Mariota, Luke Falk, whoever the Steelers are starting etc. have zero effect on how much a team leans on their RB. That looks like trolling to me.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Just off the top of my head, I think lead back role is given to the best talent, and doesn't correlate to how strong a team can pass. Leveon bell was lead back in pittsburgh when antonio brown was still a star. I don't think you see it too often because its rare that a team has a star running back and star wide receiver. You probably also want a star quarterback to go with it.

I think the number of run plays called does in fact correlate to passing game, with weaker passing teams leaning on the run more. But run heavy teams and run light teams still choose lead back based on that players talent. Teams with weak backs will use rbbc.

To tie this back in with mccoy, I could see kansas city calling more run plays. But whether mccoy soaks up the majority of these run plays is anyones guess. I'm leaning towards yes, he gets a larger role. But I don't think it's certain.

Edited by ed06288

So torn on what to do with him this week.

Pro: no Mahomes means they will lean more heavily on the run game, more snaps, more carries, better chance at TD/more points

Con: if GB gets up early, which is possible with this defense, will they abandon the run and go more to DWill?

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, JJ1223 said:

So torn on what to do with him this week.

Pro: no Mahomes means they will lean more heavily on the run game, more snaps, more carries, better chance at TD/more points

Con: if GB gets up early, which is possible with this defense, will they abandon the run and go more to DWill?

I view no Mahomes as a con. I get the run the ball more idea, but the bottom line is it's a less explosive offense, which already had too many mouths to feed. His best chance of feasting was in a game where they score 40 and everyone goes off. 

• Like 1

They are going to play stronger D, like last week and run the ball.  Keep the offense vanilla and protect the QB.

I'm not suggesting 200/2 for McCoy, but he should be around 85/1, 35/0.

Was actually getting all of the touches but he had to fumble. Gotta love it 

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, affliction said:

Was actually getting all of the touches but he had to fumble. Gotta love it 

Yup, shame, he would’ve finished with decent stats (about 18ppr) if he didn’t fumble, he would’ve got the goal carry and TD that went to DWill. Instead fumble gave DWill half the weeks rb points... And to top it off, good luck figuring out which of the 2 are the better start next week. What a mess...😡

• Like 2

Reid probably should bench him for a couple games just to show him that carrying the ball like an idiot cannot continue to happen 

The Chiefs might have beaten both the Colts and Packers if it weren't for LeSean McCoy's fumbling.
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1

Enjoy playing hot potato with this backfield every week lol.

• Haha 1

[...]. Sad thing is he looked really good out there tonite until the fumble.  Good luck figuring out who to start in the backfield ROS.  Hard to sell high or low based on his production lately, and RBs are at such a premium that he's hard to drop as well.

Edited by tonycpsu
Removed Assistant Coach content
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, dannyz6969 said:

had this bum on my bench, pure lunacy how he runs and holds the ball. laughable 

True but he has been running the same way for an entire career...

Going forward, you just don't just stop giving your veteran/hall-of-fame/man crush RB the ball after a couple fumbles. Look at Chris Carson and he doesn't have the body of work of Shady.

All in all, underwhelming night and season, I agree. But he shows flashes of brilliance at times if they can collectively right the ship.

Mccoy is the best back the chiefs have. I get he fumbled a couple times but he is a strong flex play as long as they keep him on the field. He didnt fumble once last year if i recall right. He needs to make that correction asap so he can stay on the field. I think 2 years ago he fumbled a couple times though, which most rbs do. At least he didnt pull a henry and lose it hitting his own knee...Amirite? lol

• Haha 3

This has been a LONG hold for a potential RB2? Not sure it's worth it anymore. We have enough of a sample size now. He'll get you 5-10 a week with one or two 15 point weeks ROS. Just not enough upside. 

2 minutes ago, BGDDYKWL said:

This has been a LONG hold for a potential RB2? Not sure it's worth it anymore. We have enough of a sample size now. He'll get you 5-10 a week with one or two 15 point weeks ROS. Just not enough upside. 

So slot him down to your flex spot then :)