PackersFan1979

LeSean McCoy 2019 Outlook

Something always seems to halt the momentum of Shady's big games.

I don't understand why that run game success they had vs Baltimore can't be duplicated.

Did McCoy go back in after the fumble?

1 minute ago, SharkSwimmer said:

Negative. And im good with that, maybe that was his punishment. He wasnt happy with himself and he shouldnt be. He did good last year to protect the ball. He needs to right the ship

Nope.  Its amazing that I always own the guy who's coach puts the player in the doghouse for a fumble.  A few years ago I had Ingram and he fumbled during a game and Tim Hightower basically took over the backfield.  Meanwhile you have a coach like Carroll who understands his best runner needs to go back out even after fumbling, in Carsons case twice.

• Like 2

I don't have any choice but to start him so hopefully Reid doesn't banish him to the shadows realm. 

42 minutes ago, Islanderman said:

Nope.  Its amazing that I always own the guy who's coach puts the player in the doghouse for a fumble.  A few years ago I had Ingram and he fumbled during a game and Tim Hightower basically took over the backfield.  Meanwhile you have a coach like Carroll who understands his best runner needs to go back out even after fumbling, in Carsons case twice.

Chubb this past week too. Granted Chubb has no competition in that regard though.

55 minutes ago, SharkSwimmer said:

Nope and I was building up a lead against my opponent who only has Conner left. I was pissed at that fumble.

• Haha 1

Is he still in the doghouse this week if you had to bet? 

Or is the punishment over?

Edited by jbarretta

1 minute ago, jbarretta said:

fwiw, coach speak?  or endorsement?   you decide:

1 hour ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

fwiw, coach speak?  or endorsement?   you decide:

He's done. Best move on.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Pooskay said:

The revival of Damien Williams? 😂

If it hasn't happened yet, it ain't never happening.

• Haha 1

Don't be surprised if Damien Williams starts next game and gets the first few series to himself. Have a feeling we're back to week 1 with Shady having to win the job all over again. 

• Like 1

I think he’ll be back and Reid benching him for the rest of the game will be the extent of his punishment. Reid knows Williams is a JAG. Having said that, would take a lot of cojones to roll Shady out there without seeing it first. Vikes are a good run D too.

6 hours ago, BadMoon said:

Don't be surprised if Damien Williams starts next game and gets the first few series to himself. Have a feeling we're back to week 1 with Shady having to win the job all over again. 

This. McCoy's not in the "doghouse", but they'll go back to the split they had at the beginning of the year. 

I can understand holding McCoy, particularly in larger leagues, but the ONLY way he's productive is if one of the Williams goes down, preferably Damien. 

11 hours ago, jbarretta said:

Surprised he hasn't been cut yet

• Like 1

Andy Reid is as stubborn as they come. 

nothing will change, McCoy will get 60% of the snaps assuming he doesn’t fumble and Reid will abandon the run game as usual in the second half. 

• Like 1

On 10/29/2019 at 2:07 PM, kraftwrk_5 said:

I think he’ll be back and Reid benching him for the rest of the game will be the extent of his punishment. Reid knows Williams is a JAG. Having said that, would take a lot of cojones to roll Shady out there without seeing it first. Vikes are a good run D too.

I agree with this.  I have small cojones though, so he's on my bench.  Ugh...why did he fumble???  Had the job locked up.

• Like 1

Kenyan Drake just went for 160 and a TD, and completely dominated the snaps, after ONE full day with the team. 

I really hope the "McCoy just needs/needed to get up to speed with the offense" nonsense can finally be put to bed. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Brownsfan74 said:

I agree with this.  I have small cojones though, so he's on my bench.  Ugh...why did he fumble???  Had the job locked up.

I'm playing him as an RB2 since I have no choice due to bye weeks.  I'm hoping for abut 50ish rushing yards and 20ish receiving yards.

McCoy may be more useful once Mahomes returns, if he hasn't fumbled away the job for good by then.

1 hour ago, BGDDYKWL said:

Kenyan Drake just went for 160 and a TD, and completely dominated the snaps, after ONE full day with the team. 

I really hope the "McCoy just needs/needed to get up to speed with the offense" nonsense can finally be put to bed. 

against an elite defense no less.

• Like 1

This guy should have gone to the chargers; he had his last great season under Coach Anthony Lynn, now look at him.