Sign in to follow this  
K197040

Early keeper decision - can't decide

Hopefully there will be a little more clarity as the season approaches.

But assuming current status, would you rather have:

Aaron Jones for a 12th round pick

or

Sony for a 7th round pick

i'd keep sony, the difference between 7th and 12th is not that much, and i like the patriots offense more than the packers for next season.

I'm guessing this might turn out to be a 50/50 split.

I was hoping to see an overwhelming support of Jones.   Due to the value and the fact that he just looks better on the field.  Both seem to have knee issues but Sony just never looked explosive to me.   

i'd be pretty happy with both options to be fair, i give the edge to sony because of the better team/offense and that he was drafted in the first round and did not disappoint at all.

2 hours ago, K197040 said:

I was hoping to see an overwhelming support of Jones.   Due to the value and the fact that he just looks better on the field.  Both seem to have knee issues but Sony just never looked explosive to me.   

If you are declaring now you've also got to consider the Coach speak that Jones and Williams will operate as a RBBC, so you don't truly know their individual roles, and you don't know if GB will draft another body at the position. *re: injury/knee history: Jones has yet to finish a season, and aside from missing week 1, Michel played from week 2 all the way through the SB.

NE is set at starting RB with Michel, and COP with White.

17 minutes ago, FollowTheLeader said:

If you are declaring now you've also got to consider the Coach speak that Jones and Williams will operate as a RBBC, so you don't truly know their individual roles, and you don't know if GB will draft another body at the position. *re: injury/knee history: Jones has yet to finish a season, and aside from missing week 1, Michel played from week 2 all the way through the SB.

NE is set at starting RB with Michel, and COP with White.

I'm not sure that's correct.  That Michel played from 2-16.  I think he was out a game or two with a knee injury.  Will have to confirm.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, K197040 said:

I'm not sure that's correct.  That Michel played from 2-16.  I think he was out a game or two with a knee injury.  Will have to confirm.

Yeah...it looks like he missed two games in the middle of the season. 

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, K197040 said:

Good catch...he missed weeks 8 and 9. So, he played weeks 2-7, 10-17, and the post season (where he absolutely killed it).

Still, not the same as being placed on IR (AJones).

Edited by FollowTheLeader

Just now, FollowTheLeader said:

Good catch...he missed weeks 8 and 9.

Still, not the same as being placed on IR.

Agree.  I just have some concern about his high school ACL injury and that he just didn't look that explosive this year.  I do think they might involve him in the passing game more.

In any event, I don't have to decide until the week before the season starts.  Was really just trying to make conversation and see if there was something I hadn't thought of.

Just now, K197040 said:

In any event, I don't have to decide until the week before the season starts.  Was really just trying to make conversation and see if there was something I hadn't thought of.

Ahhh, the title of thread makes it seem like you had to make the decision now. The extra time should help things clear up a bit...

46 minutes ago, K197040 said:

you teaser! XD

39 minutes ago, FollowTheLeader said:

Ahhh, the title of thread makes it seem like you had to make the decision now. The extra time should help things clear up a bit...

sorry...I can see how that'd be misleading.  But I guess if the title was, "keeper decision I have to make in 5 months", I might not have any comments.

• Haha 1

Aaron Jones has had 3 MCL problems and the packers, believe in a RBBC approach, but so does the Patriots. We tend to forget that Sony has bone on bone and potentially could hinder him long term, so is the keeper league long term or short term will also, decide. Does he get hyped up this year as Jay Ajayi did? With Gronk leaving, I do believe they focus on the run game, but I still see Burkhead there as well. I still would take the risk with Sony. I just wanted to type a bunch of stuff, to pass this poop. thanks.

• Like 1

Jones' role has more potential.  We know how the Pats use their RBs for like the past 8 years.  They have a guy for early downs and a pass catching back.

• Like 1

On 3/22/2019 at 12:10 PM, K197040 said:

Sony looked awesome in the playoffs. I'd vote him pretty easily.

• Like 1

On 3/26/2019 at 12:40 AM, Point Shaver said:

Jones' role has more potential.  We know how the Pats use their RBs for like the past 8 years.  They have a guy for early downs and a pass catching back.

Packers don't have a great track record of fantasy backs either.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
On 3/25/2019 at 1:07 PM, dontclapGonorrhea said:

Aaron Jones has had 3 MCL problems and the packers, believe in a RBBC approach, but so does the Patriots. We tend to forget that Sony has bone on bone and potentially could hinder him long term, so is the keeper league long term or short term will also, decide. Does he get hyped up this year as Jay Ajayi did? With Gronk leaving, I do believe they focus on the run game, but I still see Burkhead there as well. I still would take the risk with Sony. I just wanted to type a bunch of stuff, to pass this poop. thanks.

I'm kind of leaning Sony right now due to the Gronk leaving and I do believe they'll continue to run the ball more.  My biggest worry is the knee situation.   Although Jones seems to have his own knee issues as well,.   In a nutshell, both have knee issues, both are likely in RBBC, and both are on good offenses.    

And it's not a long term keeper league.  We get to have one per year and you lose one round lower pick for each year player is kept.  Can only have a player 3 years.

All that being said, unless something significant changes, I may just take the better value of Jones at 12 over Sony at 7.

Thanks to everyone for the comments.

Edited by K197040
  • Like 1