PaddyAustralia

Do Draft Lists for 2019-20

A lot of people have been talking about who not to draft next year (some players include: Howard, Love, Teague, Kawhi, Wall etc.) however i want to start getting others general ideas on who to draft next year. I would love to hear who people are thinking about targeting in the early, mid and late rounds, il give an example.

Early Rounds (1-2)

Im not looking at the obvious choices here (Harden, Giannis, Towns etc). I will 100% be targeting Beal as wall is almost guaranteed to miss most of next season, he has been beasting without wall and should be even better next year. Ill also be targeting George, Lilliard and Booker. The first 2 are just assets who come through every game and are not that injury prone. The reason ill be going for booker is cause i believe they will be looking to let him run wild at pg and his stats at pg are insane. Also Ayton will be in his 2nd year and Oubre is the 2 way player they have been needing. Booker should be very good next season.

Mid-Late Rounds (3-8)

I think Hield will drop to round 3 in drafts and i reckon that will be a massive steal. He can single handedly win you 3's and 3p% any week and he should bump his points per game up to 23 which is elite territory. Mitchell Robinson should be the Myles Turner that everyone hoped for next season. He has a very good chance at 30mins a game, and he could easily average 10 rebounds and lead the league in blocks per game. All that with elite FG% and im all about it. The last player i will target heavily in drafts Trae Young. Man can shoot when he is on. I think he is on a mission to become a better player than Luka as the comparisons have gotten to him and he has a great chance to average 20 and 8 with 1.5 steals and that is a steal in any round later than 3.

So yeah let me know your thoughts guys, let the 2020 fantasy season prep begin already haha ;)

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Fry said:

Mikal Bridges

Why though? Suns are almost guaranteed a top 5 pick in the draft and the top 5 prospects are wings and guards basically. I feel as if with them picking a Barrett, Reddish or Morant with Booker and Oubre still being the better options at 2 and 3 he may find it hard to get minutes without injuries or suns playing him out of position at the 4. 

Don't draft Booker in the first or second round man, that's what people were saying about him before this season and he's worse than he was last year (in 9-cat leagues)
His stats at PG really aren't that insane if you're playing 9-cat, he obviously has flashy point and assist numbers which become even better at PG but it costs him in efficiency and turnovers. So his value doesn't even really improve there.

Agree with everyone else you said though, also looking for some of the under the radar second year players like Kurucs in the late rounds next year who could break out.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, qpeeters said:

Don't draft Booker in the first or second round man, that's what people were saying about him before this season and he's worse than he was last year (in 9-cat leagues)
His stats at PG really aren't that insane if you're playing 9-cat, he obviously has flashy point and assist numbers which become even better at PG but it costs him in efficiency and turnovers. So his value doesn't even really improve there.

Agree with everyone else you said though, also looking for some of the under the radar second year players like Kurucs in the late rounds next year who could break out.

I mean he is averaging more points and assists this year and since all star break he is a monster with 29 and 7 with 1 steal and 2 threes but i see where you are coming from, im just targeting off the sheer fact that he will improve again and have better talent around him to get better looks and have more opportunities to win games. 

I think I'd like JVal to be among the centers I draft. When finally getting proper minutes, he provides a very affable mix of classic big man stats and efficient shooting from the line with the sporadic trey sprinkled in. A lowkey observation, but one nonetheless.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, brickcitymamba said:

I think I'd like JVal to be among the centers I draft. When finally getting proper minutes, he provides a very affable mix of classic big man stats and efficient shooting from the line with the sporadic trey sprinkled in. A lowkey observation, but one nonetheless.

He can be the kinda guy you can draft and not worry about who else you are drafting cause he does a bit of everything and doesn't have a flaw in his game fantasy wise. Could easily be a 15 11 3 1 1 1 guy with 50/35/85 splits. Good shout.

It all depends on adp and what number will player be at the draft.. Everyone talking about mitch rob or doncic means that they will likely not be on my team.. 

In early rounds i prefer smn like Capela or lillard,not that exciting but durable and consistent production

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Morant and Zion for fun to own guys. I imagine they'll be overdrafted due to this hot rookie class but ill still get some shares.

Everybody loves Luka and Trae they'll go early. I'm going to be looking for big seasons from Bagley and Jackson Jr. 

Embiid guys a killer and seems to still be getting better. Durant if he leaves GS is going to be lovely. Irving if he leaves Boston could put up even better numbers. 

Lauri and Otto Porter. M.Turner to win blocks. 

I’ll do my best to avoid the load management super stars as I bet as I can. Which means going for harden, KAT, Lillard, or Beal.

As much as I want to target Beal, I think the Wizards will be terrible and I've decided to avoid stars on bad teams. In terms of players I want to draft, i'm targeting Boogie with the assumption he'll be on a new team getting 30+ minutes and either the 1st or 2nd option. He's looked amazing coming off an Achilles tear and IMO he can only get better after a full healthy offseason.

As much as I've loved Buddy Hield producing for me all season a 3rd round price tag is too high for me. The lack of stocks are real, and guys like Marvin Bagley will be looking to make the jump. From watching Kings games, I can tell Coach Joeger doesn't fully trust Buddy as the go to scorer.

I'll be targeting Khris Middleton on a bounce back year

Curry & Klay assuming KD leaves

• Thanks 1

I'd keep my eye on Sacramento's big 3. Fox and Hield made huge leaps from last year and the trend should continue moving into next year. Bagley has shown down the stretch what he is capable of fantasy wise. They all fit different builds, but they are the Kings future.

Gallinari is a pleasant surprise this year. I drafted him with my last pick this year and for the most part has stayed healthy through the season (knock on wood). I bet the Clippers sign somebody big, so his roll may diminish, but the man is averaging 19/6/3 with 2.5 3PTM per game with 46%/90% shooting splits.

Mike Conely will be someone to keep a look out for. Rumors are still going about him being traded to Utah in the off-season. This would be a boon to get away from a tanking Grizzlies team.

Although he's a first rounder, Kevin Durant. If he's not on the Warriors next season, he becomes in my opinion a top 1-2 fantasy player.

I drafted Julius Randle in the 8th round, and D-Lo in the 7th round. Both are beasts for a punt TO team, which is the best strategy in 9 cat leagues IMO. 

Going to target both in the mid rounds (depending on their FA destination of course).

I'm gonna go hard at Kristaps Porzingis and Cousins next year. Sure, there is some risk here but the reward is just so high....also buddy hield, guy can shoot.

8 hours ago, PaddyAustralia said:

Why though? Suns are almost guaranteed a top 5 pick in the draft and the top 5 prospects are wings and guards basically. I feel as if with them picking a Barrett, Reddish or Morant with Booker and Oubre still being the better options at 2 and 3 he may find it hard to get minutes without injuries or suns playing him out of position at the 4. 

Because he's the best defender on the team, can rack up elite steals, hit 3's, and chip in some boards and assists.  Basically similar to PJ Tucker but with a higher upside.  Also going to add Miles Bridges, already looking like a 1/1/1 player with increased playing time next year could be an easy top 100 that you can get a little later in drafts. 

9 hours ago, Fry said:

Mikal Bridges

Aka "RoCo Jr"... I'd like to leave next year's draft with both in tow. 

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, qpeeters said:

Booker will have immense value in the right build *IF* he can stay healthy.  It's the health issues stemming from soft tissue injury that he's encountered the past two seasons keeping me away from him. 

I'll revisit this logic when he finishes a season with over 74 games played again.  I'd like to be more confident about a top-30 pick playing 70+ games. 

1 hour ago, sebapargue said:

I'm gonna go hard at Kristaps Porzingis and Cousins next year. Sure, there is some risk here but the reward is just so high....also buddy hield, guy can shoot.

I think you're setting yourself up for some headaches with this pairing.  Two bigs with major injuries in recent past -- no thank you. 

7 hours ago, PaddyAustralia said:

He can be the kinda guy you can draft and not worry about who else you are drafting cause he does a bit of everything and doesn't have a flaw in his game fantasy wise. Could easily be a 15 11 3 1 1 1 guy with 50/35/85 splits. Good shout.

You're predicting JVal could "easily" be a top-25 player next season?  That would eclipse Gasol's best year in MEM.  Color me doubtful. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, 80version said:

I think you're setting yourself up for some headaches with this pairing.  Two bigs with major injuries in recent past -- no thank you. 

I know its not gonna a smooth ride...but if it pans out...for example this year I was the 14th pick in my draft...went with leonard and embiid as my first and second picks....worked out pretty good for me...wasnt a smooth ride but paid off...finished in first place, currently winning semis.

Pascal Siakim, especially if Kawhi leaves. He's top 40 on the year and has only missed a single game.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kaboom said:

Pascal Siakim, especially if Kawhi leaves. He's top 40 on the year and has only missed a single game.

Round?  Thinking 2nd-3rd 

3 hours ago, 80version said:

You're predicting JVal could "easily" be a top-25 player next season?  That would eclipse Gasol's best year in MEM.  Color me doubtful. 

Aye, if so far in Memphis he can average near 20 and 9 with 2 assists 1 block and 57% and 80% shooting averages in 26 mins, i think if he gets over 30 mins a game my prediction isn't too far off haha, man is underrated.

In a few games that I watched Boogie play this year, his vertical lift is almost non existent.   I wouldn't draft him too early.

Siakam is 2nd rounder imo, regardles if Kawhi is gone or not