PaddyAustralia

Do Draft Lists for 2019-20

6 minutes ago, Gile Pile said:

In a few games that I watched Boogie play this year, his vertical lift is almost non existent.   I wouldn't draft him too early.

Siakam is 2nd rounder imo, regardles if Kawhi is gone or not

Siakam in the 2nd rounder is ridiculous even if Kawhi is gone. Stocks aren't high enough, not really a 3pt shooter either. I dont see how taking him in Jrue/Jimmy/Beal territory could ever be justified.

• Like 3

54 minutes ago, FantasyBallFan said:

Siakam in the 2nd rounder is ridiculous even if Kawhi is gone. Stocks aren't high enough, not really a 3pt shooter either. I dont see how taking him in Jrue/Jimmy/Beal territory could ever be justified.

so far this season: 1.7 stocks . 1.8 TO for Pascal ; Beal   2.2 stocks, 2.9 TO, Jrue   2.4 stocks, 3.1 TO

Difference is not that big in stocks, and Pascal has the best FG%  between 3 of them.  

Make your own decisions. 

I know I will go after players that do not hurt you anywhere, the likes of T. Harris, Siakam, Otto Porter Jr.

• Like 1

If it’s H2H I’m paying more attention to playoff schedule and health than I’ve done in the past, so it’s too early to tell.  

Otherwise, Nikola.  And I don’t mean Jokic.  

• Haha 1

Siakam, Mitch Rob, f--- it ill say Gallo also, the man literally saving me

I have four shares of Gallo this year, but I liked him a lot better when he was going past pick 100. Can we honestly expect 60+ games again from him next year?

As for non-elite players I *do* want shares of: Conley (should he be traded in the offseason), Osman, Sato (as long as Wiz don't make moves for a PG). I would love to own Siakam, Bagley, Luka, and Mitch Rob but I think they'll be too expensive.

5 hours ago, FantasyBallFan said:

4 hours ago, Gile Pile said:

so far this season: 1.7 stocks . 1.8 TO for Pascal ; Beal   2.2 stocks, 2.9 TO, Jrue   2.4 stocks, 3.1 TO

Difference is not that big in stocks, and Pascal has the best FG%  between 3 of them.  

Make your own decisions. 

I know I will go after players that do not hurt you anywhere, the likes of T. Harris, Siakam, Otto Porter Jr.

When considering improvement and career arc Siakam has the most room to grow, and I think he can take another leap in stocks and 3's, which he already has.  Jimmy and Jrue are proven injury risks...I'd probably go Beal, then toss up between Jrue and Siakam, then Butler in that order.  

27 minutes ago, Gfycat said:

Markannen, Randle, Bagley, Brunson, Sexton

I like all that exceppt brunson, i think he will have a hard time carving out production with KP luka an THJ on the team also they might get lucky in the draft and FA and their first look would be to pg who can shoot lights out and play good d.

• Like 2

Otto, VUC, Brogdon, Randle, Oubre, Buddy, Collins, and Porzingis (gonna be a sneaky pick that many people overlook)

37 minutes ago, squid-jesus said:

Otto, VUC, Brogdon, Randle, Oubre, Buddy, Collins, and Porzingis (gonna be a sneaky pick that many people overlook)

I think most of these guys will be over picked or picked close to their ceiling (With the exception of Brogdon and Vuc who are always picked to late) 

Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, hipriest69 said:

When considering improvement and career arc Siakam has the most room to grow, and I think he can take another leap in stocks and 3's, which he already has.  Jimmy and Jrue are proven injury risks...I'd probably go Beal, then toss up between Jrue and Siakam, then Butler in that order.  

If an owner takes Siakam 2nd they're only setting themselves up for failure. Unless their crazy enough to think Siakam is a 1st rounder next year, drafting him 2nd is just setting yourself up for failure. Same thing happened with Mitchell and Ben this year, same thing happens with Booker every year. Stop drafting these unproven guys at (or sometimes above their ceiling) while passing up on proven stars. Yes, even an proven star can have a bad year but drafting these unproven guys so early is a gamble with zero benefit.

From Toronto and I love Siakam so I hate harping on him but cmon lets be realistic here. I love the players who don't hurt you anywhere but I also acknowledge those low usages guys are most likely to have a bad season. 

Edited by FantasyBallFan

14 hours ago, Gile Pile said:

Make your own decisions. 

Stocks and turnovers aren't the only part of the story here. I just mentioned those because I believe that's his only route to being a 2nd rounder as I don't see Pascal averaging 25ppg next year. We're talking about Jimmy, Gobert, Beal, Jrue Holiday, Lebron, Capela. That's what the 2nd round consists of this year, and if you roll with Pascal over them it's not justifiable. Yes you could be right and somehow Pascal is a 2nd rounder (which is extremely unlikely), but then what did you gain? I don't touch unproven guys unless there's room for value.

If you love Pascal's game and just want him on your team then I understand because it's fantasy, but by no means is it a smart decision and justifiable decision.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, SGWannabe said:

Is beal a top 10 player to draft next season?

Pre ASB for sure. If he slips to rounds 2-3 next year I'll have a lot of shares. 

4 hours ago, FantasyBallFan said:

Stocks and turnovers aren't the only part of the story here. I just mentioned those because I believe that's his only route to being a 2nd rounder as I don't see Pascal averaging 25ppg next year. We're talking about Jimmy, Gobert, Beal, Jrue Holiday, Lebron, Capela. That's what the 2nd round consists of this year, and if you roll with Pascal over them it's not justifiable. Yes you could be right and somehow Pascal is a 2nd rounder (which is extremely unlikely), but then what did you gain? I don't touch unproven guys unless there's room for value.

If you love Pascal's game and just want him on your team then I understand because it's fantasy, but by no means is it a smart decision and justifiable decision.

Jimmy played more than 70 games twice in his career.  On a stacked Philly team his numbers do not have much room for improvement.

I will pass on LBJ in every draft  considering career minutes played.  It is true that he takes good are of his body but I think that  his main focus in LA is not on the basketball court.

Pascal is hard worker and I can see him   improving next year, similar to Capela from his 2nd to 3rd year. 

Check it out: http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/23396205/nba-pascal-siakam-6000-mile-journey-raptors-stardom

Considering his age and room for improvement, after Capela, Gobert, Jrue and Beal are  gone in 2nd I don't see many options better than Siakam

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
45 minutes ago, Gile Pile said:

Jimmy played more than 70 games twice in his career.  On a stacked Philly team his numbers do not have much room for improvement.

I will pass on LBJ in every draft  considering career minutes played.  It is true that he takes good are of his body but I think that  his main focus in LA is not on the basketball court.

Pascal is hard worker and I can see him   improving next year, similar to Capela from his 2nd to 3rd year. 

Check it out: http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/23396205/nba-pascal-siakam-6000-mile-journey-raptors-stardom

Considering his age and room for improvement, after Capela, Gobert, Jrue and Beal are  gone in 2nd I don't see many options better than Siakam

Capela's improvement is purely minutes based if you look at the numbers in fact his Per36 is worse than last year. Pascal is already at 32 mpg and wont be playing 38. I agree that Jimmy's numbers do not have much room for improvement but my point is his numbers are already 2nd round. I'd much rather roll with the guy who's proven over betting on someone to improve.

The injury risk is real with Jimmy so I hear you on that, but realistically Pascal has one full year under his belt as a starter with big minutes. Right now there's no perceived injury risk but he is far from proven health wise like Dame and Towns. As much as I hate drafting injury prone guys, I'd also hate drafting Pascal, who offers much less per game value and have him get injured and be in the same position with a worse player. That's just me, and I understand someone who's willing to ignore any injury prone player but believe me I could name 10 guys who I'd draft before Siakam (One of them is Ayton who I wouldn't even touch in the 2nd round).

Again, I am from Toronto, love Siakam but the hype surrounding this guy is crazy. Even outside of Fantasy fans have began to view Pascal as a legitimate star, someone who can carry the Raptors if Kawhi leaves. People need to temper expectations because although he is still young at 25, he is relatively old for a player who's essentially in his 2nd year. I expect this guy to get better, but by no means am I expecting anything drastic enough to turn him into an NBA star or 2nd rounder in fantasy.

LBJ could be filming Space Jam the morning before a game and there's still no way I draft Siakam before him.

Edited by FantasyBallFan

56 minutes ago, FantasyBallFan said:

Capela's improvement is purely minutes based if you look at the numbers in fact his Per36 is worse than last year. Pascal is already at 32 mpg and wont be playing 38. I agree that Jimmy's numbers do not have much room for improvement but my point is his numbers are already 2nd round. I'd much rather roll with the guy who's proven over betting on someone to improve.

The injury risk is real with Jimmy so I hear you on that, but realistically Pascal has one full year under his belt as a starter with big minutes. Right now there's no perceived injury risk but he is far from proven health wise like Dame and Towns. As much as I hate drafting injury prone guys, I'd also hate drafting Pascal, who offers much less per game value and have him get injured and be in the same position with a worse player. That's just me, and I understand someone who's willing to ignore any injury prone player but believe me I could name 10 guys who I'd draft before Siakam (One of them is Ayton who I wouldn't even touch in the 2nd round).

Again, I am from Toronto, love Siakam but the hype surrounding this guy is crazy. Even outside of Fantasy fans have began to view Pascal as a legitimate star, someone who can carry the Raptors if Kawhi leaves. People need to temper expectations because although he is still young at 25, he is relatively old for a player who's essentially in his 2nd year. I expect this guy to get better, but by no means am I expecting anything drastic enough to turn him into an NBA star or 2nd rounder in fantasy.

LBJ could be filming Space Jam the morning before a game and there's still no way I draft Siakam before him.

How is he "relatively old for a player in his 2nd year?"  

He's actually relatively young for a player because of his late start and inexperience playing organized basketball, so the logic to me would seem like he still has a good margin for improvement.  We've already seen his ball handing, playmaking, and shooting take a huge leap this year.  As his offensive game and 3 ball keep developing, which it is, his scoring will push into the 20's (which it has).  Since Feb he's over 20 ppg.  

If you're assuming even a very slight improvement in statistical output then 20 points 7+ reb 4-5 assists 1/1/1 on 55% FG.  

Here's my current thoughts on draft position -     

List of most players in the 2nd-3rd rounds

Players I would likely take over Siakam - 

Gobert, Capela, Turner, Beal, Jrue, Collins, Trae, Doncic, Lebron, Kemba, Drummond, Vuc

Players I would probably take Siakam over (mostly due to age/injury or bad %) - 

Ayton, Russ, Booker, Donovan, Jimmy, CP3, Klay, Lowry, Mitch Rob, LMA, Tobias, Love, GARY HARRIS 

So that means I'm probably targeting him in the 3rd-4th round, unless its a deeper league and I have a high draft pick, say in a 14 team league its picks 28/29, I would consider drafting him there.  

5 hours ago, cochise316 said:

Pre ASB for sure. If he slips to rounds 2-3 next year I'll have a lot of shares. 

7 hours ago, SGWannabe said:

Is beal a top 10 player to draft next season?

I reckon he will be a top 10 player even when wall comes back. Wall is moving into Rose territory with all his knee injuries and i doubt he comes back the player he was which means this is officially Beals team. He should come back next year with a killer mentality and wall should get over his ego and either move on from the Wizards or stop trying to play hero ball and let beal do his thing while he plays a Robin-sidekick role. Beal outside of the 2nd round would be the biggest steal of next year.

Some rookies from this year that may be at an affordable ADP next year seem like good targets.  I'm thinking SGA, JJJ, maybe Mo Bamba even.  

14 hours ago, sess said:

Some rookies from this year that may be at an affordable ADP next year seem like good targets.  I'm thinking SGA, JJJ, maybe Mo Bamba even.  

SGA and JJJ for sure.

My #1 lesson learned this year?  No matter what, just draft Vucevic.