Sign in to follow this  
jasonpark87

Kershaw trade offer

12 team dynasty league. Yahoo standard 5x5 scoring.

I just got offered:

His Kershaw

For

My Newcomb and Soroka

Soroka can be kept on our separate prospect list, and I also need pitching. Thoughts?

Posted (edited)

Assuming your team is competing to win soon, yes. Newcomb and Soroka both have injury histories, and neither has been very successful at the MLB level yet outside of two good months for Newcomb last year. And in a 12-team mixes league, it's not even clear that Newcomb and Soroka will be much above replacement level. TINSTAAPP.

Roll the dice and hope for 2-3 more good years out of Kershaw.

Edited by Ben Edelman

I wouldn't do it personally.  Kershaw is on my list of players who's value in trade is greatly above what I think they can give me on my team at this point.  Balky back is a problem for pitchers.

I would stand Ppat even if I was trying to win now. I dont like losing two young SP's with upside. It is way to early to tell if Kershaw is what you need to win a title so I would wait.

Help please:

I'd take Kershaw. Newcomb has command issues. Soroka has been hurt off and on. While Kershaw is an injury risk, he's still a solid SP, especially if you're in win-now.