GriffeySwag

2019 Players You Have The Most Shares Of

All 3 of my keep forever leagues I have Vlad jr.

For redraft I ended up with the 8th and 7th pick in pick in 3 12 team leagues and have trea turner and Baez in each of them 😥

• Like 1

Trevor Story

Luke Voit

Mike Clevinger

Have Acuna, Peraza, and McMahon in both my leagues.  Drafted 7th and 8th (7th is a new keeper league).

Muncy

Shaw

Moustakas

Such good values. Roster flexibility they offer is a plus.

• Like 2

Did my 3rd draft tonight. Had 1st pick overall.  Other drafts I was 9 and 11, so I endd up with a much different team.  The guys I pickd that are on other teams...

Voits - 3/3

Andujar - 2/3

LeMahieu - 2/3

Mazara - 2/3

Pollock - 2/3

the rest are kinda not worth mentioning.  I don't even like Mazara or Pollock all that much but we start 6 OF in a 12-team league. Kinda liked them more from what was left.  I did draft Gardner for my bench in this last one to possibly he'll play over 1 of them.  Probably will start the year with Gardner over Mazara.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, MrBrown said:

Did my 3rd draft tonight. Had 1st pick overall.  Other drafts I was 9 and 11, so I endd up with a much different team.  The guys I pickd that are on other teams...

Voits - 3/3

Andujar - 2/3

LeMahieu - 2/3

Mazara - 2/3

Pollock - 2/3

the rest are kinda not worth mentioning.  I don't even like Mazara or Pollock all that much but we start 6 OF in a 12-team league. Kinda liked them more from what was left.  I did draft Gardner for my bench in this last one to possibly he'll play over 1 of them.  Probably will start the year with Gardner over Mazara.

what.jpg

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, Short Porch said:

They were spread out and 3 of them were slow drafts.

What do you mean the leagues were spread out? Isn’t the season for all 9 leagues at the same time? I wasn’t referring to the draft but the actual league.

Love this thread.

Chapman

Muncy (2B)

Conforto 

Domingo Santana 

As many Cleveland SPs i could get my hands on (Carasco & Clevinger mostly)

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ThreadKiller said:

What do you mean the leagues were spread out? Isn’t the season for all 9 leagues at the same time? I wasn’t referring to the draft but the actual league.

Someone had asked how I could do 9 leagues.  I replied that the drafts were across the off season and all the drafts were not in one weekend.  I had 3 auction drafts 3 weekends in a row and a few slow drafts that took 3-4 weeks to complete.

I play in four leagues:  one home league, three dynasties of varying depth

highest share count:

Keston Hiura (4 of 4 leagues)
Tyler O'Neill (3 of 4 leagues)
Carter Kieboom (3 of 4 leagues)

what does this mean? I suppose this means - throughout the chronology of their value-fluctuation-as-prospects - my evaluation of the players was more favorable than the public perception, presumably leading to the higher share count.  

Kieboom hits everything hard. He looks like Trea in the box, but I think the profile is actually more 'Rendon'. Good approach with power, not tons of speed. 

Hiura is a .860+ OPS middle infielder waiting to happen. I'm not sure where the true upside is -- maybe .320 - 25 - 100 - 12  -- but the floor is stupid high. He is already a "professional" hitter.

O'Neill feels the riskiest of the bunch. I love the power/athleticism combo. Potential batting average killer, but I'm hoping he can keep it respectable and evolve into a 40-homer guy. His teammate Harrison Bader has an ADP of 187, while O'Neill is at 334. I don't think their upside or true talent should lend itself to such a disparity. And I say that as a pretty big Bader fan. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, jb_power said:

what.jpg

It's not like Mazara is a stud.  He had a terrible Spring.  Gardner bats leadoff in Yankees lineup opening up against the O's and Tigers.  Awful pitching staffs.

Hampson(His initial playing time does not concern me. He will get plenty of at bats once the season starts and guys either struggle or gets injured)

Bumgarner(I'm not expecting ace like numbers, just solid consistent production. I think his ADP, I'm drafting him around 85-95 in 12 team leagues, is excellent value)

Senzel( He'll be up soon enough, I just love his bat, I think he's going to provide excellent value as well. Taking him around pick 200 in most 12 team leagues)

McMahon (He is going way too late imo, I got him as a handcuff to Hampson, athough I suspect both of them will play if they both hit. Yes that means Desmond will sit or there will be an injury)

Miggy( excellent value pick, easy cut if not producing or injured)

Posey( another value pick, if he plays consistently he should put up .280 average at minimum, that negates a BA issue at a very weak position for that cat. BA at the catcher position is terrible as you move down tiers and it kills you in roto leagues)

Gardner( Absolute steal. He will play a lot in April due to injuries. Has always been a very good 1st half player. Will provide speed and pop for cheap in a great lineup. He's going at the end of drafts, great deal!)

Archer (I like his ADP, his current situation and his K potential. No brainer for me)

Calos Martinez (He's risky but here's my thinking. I'm getting him in the mid 200's. He can come back as the closer, fireman or starter. All of those roles, he can provide value in roto leagues. All he takes up is an IL spot. If he's not back by May 15th in one of those roles and you really need that IL spot then he's an easy cut. 

Julio Urias (Another late round flier. He will definitely be on an innings cap. Maybe you can get a handful of good starts from him early on and then he moves to a fireman role where he vultures a few wins and provide some good ratios)

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Short Porch said:

Someone had asked how I could do 9 leagues.  I replied that the drafts were across the off season and all the drafts were not in one weekend.  I had 3 auction drafts 3 weekends in a row and a few slow drafts that took 3-4 weeks to complete.

So you quoted me? Huh?

I asked how you keep up with 9 leagues during the season and you answer with “the drafts were spaced out.”...? Again, huh?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, ThreadKiller said:

So you quoted me? Huh?

I asked how you keep up with 9 leagues during the season and you answer with “the drafts were spaced out.”...? Again, huh?

I did 8 last year.  It was fine but I did feel it was too many after a while. Decided to do 6 this year.  I think 5-6 is perfect for me.

4 Leagues, obviously some are drafts, some keeper/dynasty...

* Walker Buehler in 3 of 4 leagues

* McCutchen in 3 of 4 leagues

* Reynaldo Lopez 3 of 4 leagues'

* Mikolas in 3 of 4 leagues

I might have Jeff Samardzija in all 4???

McCutchen, Dahl, Musgrove

Only had 3 drafts this year (2 redraft, 1 keeper) but counting my two dynasty leagues:

5/5
Domingo Santana (technically 4/5 but grabbing him with a #1 waiver overnight.)

3/5
Nick Pivetta
JT Realmuto
Matt Chapman
Jean Segura
Carlos Santana

I guess I'm planting my flag on Domingo.  The price is just so cheap for the raw power.  It's not a good lineup, and we've seen these flashes from him before only to see him struggle for long periods, but you have to roll the dice on guys like this late, and he's obviously that guy for me this year.

Go ahead and call me a Phillies homer with the other guys -- some of that has to do with the dynasty/keepers -- but it's going to be a sick lineup, and the defensive upgrades and some maturity should make Pivetta less of an ERA killer.  Again, you have to hit on at least one or two of these up an coming guys, and on the pitching side, I find myself grabbing him a round or two ahead of his ADP.

Realmuto was the a no-brainer for me this year.  I have never been one to pay for catchers, but I wasn't going to let JT get out of the 5th round considering Posey used to go as a late 1st / early 2nd rounder, and I think the gap between Realmuto and the field is greater than the gap between Posey and the field during his prime (not that Realmuto is better, but that the field is so much worse now.)

Chapman's in the sweet spot for me at 3B.  I always seem to see guys I like better than the early 3B options, and then when the tier drop hits I'm just as fine ending up with Chapman as I am any of the 5 3B ahead of him.

Similar story with Segura.  SS scarcity doesn't exist, so I'm not typically paying up for the premium guys.  SB, AVG, and R should all be strong, and those are some of the harder categories to hard to find together later in drafts.

Carlos Santana is the guy I was surprised to end up with 3 shares of, but one's an OBP league, and I like the fact that he's 3B eligible on Yahoo, so he can be a capable backup at both infield corners that you can get really late.  Cleveland's lineup is kind of trashy, but he'll be in a great RBI producing spot in it, so you can do much worse in the 200 range.] 

• Like 1

@tonycpsu Carlos Santana is that guy everyone’s taken super high at some point and left sighing at the end line.  But he’s always solid.  Great value pick, you could do much worse.  The price is right this season.

Matt Chapman

Jameson Tailon

Josh Hader

Forrest Whitley

Willy Adames

Buster Posey (ill never quit you Buster)

Brandon Nimmo

Ryan Brasier

Jorge Polonco

• Like 1

Flaherty, Taillon, Paddack, Bieber, Eovaldi, D Rod,  Franmil Reyes, Austin Meadows, Buxton, Devers, Tyler White, Jesus Aguilar, Hampson/McMahon (Rockies)

Snell, Pham, MadBum and Miggy are guys I have in all of my leagues. The first two because I’m a homer and the latter two because I’m also nostalgic. I only do auction drafts though so it’s pretty easy to get a guy in every league if I’m dead set on having him.