WTP333

Max Fried 2019 Outlook

Reminds me of Steve Avery a bit. This guy might end up being the most valuable ATL pitcher if he gets 160 IP

So who is rolling him out this week for 2 stars.....one in Colorado of course

1 hour ago, RolandoRoomes said:

Reminds me of Steve Avery a bit. This guy might end up being the most valuable ATL pitcher if he gets 160 IP

Max was also falsely accused of murder?

• Like 1

The swinging strike% being under 9 makes me slightly nervous to make the move for him. And of course you could pick up for the 2 start, sit him @coors and then not end up having him start against the Mets. And be a wasted move for the week.

Tomorrow's Fried-day...

so is Sunday...

Two Fried-days in one week!

Scoooooooooooped..

• Like 2

Folty is making his 2nd rehab start Tuesday, which would line him up to debut Sunday if it goes well right? 

Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, RolandoRoomes said:

Mark Bowman ‏Verified account @mlbbowman 

McCann sees a young Cole Hamels in Max Fried, who believes he greatly benefitted from last year’s experience as a reliever

Edited by Z06vette

All signs point toward Fried getting clobbered @COL tomorrow night. If not, he'll be a top WW add in most leagues.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, twistedude said:

All signs point toward Fried getting clobbered @COL tomorrow night. If not, he'll be a top WW add in most leagues.

I've seen him picked up in 5/8 leagues ahead of this start.  I'm guessing most are getting ahead of the hype train in case it rolls into town this week. 

I am thrilled with tonight.  He had a few jams in part because of poor defense, but hung in there and was very solid. Still no earned runs.

On ‎4‎/‎8‎/‎2019 at 4:20 PM, twistedude said:

I am so glad it didn't happen.  Wont be available in many leagues after tonight!

Missed out on fries because everyone told me to get burned. I mean fried and burnes 😞

1 minute ago, pbjfb said:

Missed out on fries because everyone told me to get burned. I mean fried and burnes 😞

Never...again...promise!

38 minutes ago, 6Time said:

I am thrilled with tonight.  He had a few jams in part because of poor defense, but hung in there and was very solid. Still no earned runs.

although freeman made a brilliant catch in the 2nd. would have been a rbi double. turned out a double Play.

but Overall a really good Outing. 

• Like 1

Braves game PPD today...will this push Fried's Sunday start to following game?

Nice start by the kid in a tough setting. Very impressive. 

Posted (edited)

He’s noted that pitching out of the pen  last season and some this year before his starts has helped with his approach and led to him attacking hitters more rather than attempting to get them to nibble at stuff out of the zone. So the decline in BB rate could be sustainable.

Edited by Letitbe793
  • Like 1

His sitting on waivers in my league. Don’t know much about him but how are his chances of staying in the rotation long term? With all the arms that Atlanta has available it makes me worried that perhaps he has a short leash? 

12 minutes ago, HaloFanatic17 said:

His sitting on waivers in my league. Don’t know much about him but how are his chances of staying in the rotation long term? With all the arms that Atlanta has available it makes me worried that perhaps he has a short leash? 

Long term I don't see it. Eventually I see him moving back in the pen and Soroka taking his spot in the rotation. Could be wrong though.

7 hours ago, High&Inside said:

Long term I don't see it. Eventually I see him moving back in the pen and Soroka taking his spot in the rotation. Could be wrong though.

No way, Lefties that throw 97-98 w/ a nasty curve don’t grow on trees. He’s the only leftie in the rotation, and he’s a starter not only this year but beyond. 

Soroka is talked about, and is aight IMHO, but Tuki is better. (Julio needs to be traded, he’s trash and doesn’t deserve to, nor will he keep the youth down much longer.) 

My Braves are filthy rich w/ live young arms, but need to make a few moves before the luster wears off. So many clubs need starters, and we need bullpen help immediately. Good problem to have I guess. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, LarryChip10 said:

No way, Lefties that throw 97-98 w/ a nasty curve don’t grow on trees. He’s the only leftie in the rotation, and he’s a starter not only this year but beyond. 

Soroka is talked about, and is aight IMHO, but Tuki is better. (Julio needs to be traded, he’s trash and doesn’t deserve to, nor will he keep the youth down much longer.) 

My Braves are filthy rich w/ live young arms, but need to make a few moves before the luster wears off. So many clubs need starters, and we need bullpen help immediately. Good problem to have I guess. 

Do you think the rotation should be fried, wright, touki, soroka, folty? Get rid of teheran and newc om

Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, pbjfb said:

Do you think the rotation should be fried, wright, touki, soroka, folty? Get rid of teheran and newc om

It’s a hard question to answer honestly...

Dont forget about Ian Anderson, he’s filthy too and almost ready. 

JT has proven to be a #4/5 SP. Braves would do well to get a stud RP and a prospect immediately. Soroka is an innings eater... doesn’t have the power stuff for bullpen, but I feel Wright could be a stud closer. So could Tuki and Nuke too FWIW, but these things always have a way of working themselves out due to performance and injuries. Unfortunately, a few of these guys will have to stay down, or pitch long relief/swing till something breaks. My God we have sooo many arms. 😁

Our GM, unlike previous ones, likes to trade. Maybe we can fleece AZ yet again, idk. Lol

Edited by LarryChip10
  • Like 2