WTP333

Max Fried 2019 Outlook

Was absolutely dealing today and got pulled after 79 pitches. Not even given a chance in the 7th. Did he get hurt or something? That was ridiculous

7 minutes ago, mocha4313 said:

Was absolutely dealing today and got pulled after 79 pitches. Not even given a chance in the 7th. Did he get hurt or something? That was ridiculous

Young pitchers usually have some sort of innings limit for the year.   So there wasn't much point in sending him back out there in this blowout.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Brooklyn Dude said:

Young pitchers usually have some sort of innings limit for the year.   So there wasn't much point in sending him back out there in this blowout.

Yeah I get that but it was 79 pitches. I guess it makes sense though. I didn't quite realize the Braves went up by that much in the bottom half of the 6th

22 minutes ago, mocha4313 said:

Yeah I get that but it was 79 pitches. I guess it makes sense though. I didn't quite realize the Braves went up by that much in the bottom half of the 6th

Yeah, they scored 9 runs in that inning and he went 40 minutes without pitching. Really no need to risk anything after a 40 minute break when youre up 12

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, Dirty Little Birdie said:

Absolute gem today against a really tough Milwaukee lineup. Lovin it. 

Cements his must-start status IMO.

• Like 1

is he droppable in shallow leagues?

7 hours ago, jfazz23 said:

id say so. no harm in letting him try to get right against the marlins on his next outing though...

i personally held him in 1 out of my 3 leagues. picked up nelson in the other two. 

9 hours ago, jfazz23 said:

jeez thats an itchy trigger....hes still a kid with his 1st real stint....wasnt fair to expect such a strong start to last throughout - bound to be some bumps...I think he has the stuff to work it out...next 2-3 should show a lot....definitely dont drop!  

Definitely not a drop candidate in my mind.  I traded him a few weeks ago simply cause I was worried about his 2 pitch approach, just checked again though and he’s throwing a slider 10% of the time this year and getting good value out of it.  Could see him increasing that pitch and getting good results.  With his xfip(3.63) and era(3.68) identical at this point I could see his overall line staying steady.  If that’s the case a mid 3s era 1.20-1.30 whip, 8k/9, decent wins is a back end starter.  Not much to get excited over, burn rosterable in most formats

1 hour ago, OrangeCrush said:

any faith @Mia this weekend? Fish have been pretty hot as of late

If you’re not gonna start him against them, you might as well not own him.

23 minutes ago, CraftyRighty said:

Abandon ship

Yeah I honestly this the party is over, unfortunately.

3 hours ago, CraftyRighty said:

Abandon ship

Normally I would agree but who's better in most leagues?  

The are playing with a Super Ball.

28th starting pitcher in a NL only league so far..seems worthy of a roster spot.

2 hours ago, murraygd13 said:

28th starting pitcher in a NL only league so far..seems worthy of a roster spot.

So far......

past few weeks shows he is a AAAA SP

we see what Fried can do, we see the speed bumps. That is what separates most of the top 20 is they usually do not have 4-5 ER stretches like this.

To me, he is a good streamer, nothing more an he strung together a fine run earlier that made ownership rise. Similar to like what Anibal or a guy like that is going through.

He’s not as good as his early season numbers were, but he’s still ownable. 

Today was beyond pathetic. 11 Hits (most w/ two strikes), 5 ER (most by tail end of batting order), against the hapless Marlins who hadn't scored in 17INN. I have seen a pattern of him getting ahead of hitters, and not being able to put them away. The big sweeping curveball has lost it's surprise factor, not fooling guys anymore. ERA & WHIP have been steadily climbing for months, sadly Max belongs in the BP... end of story.

• Like 1

His FIP and xFIP better than his ERA..still strikes out a good number of guys, not many walks..not many HR's..I think he's a hold.

2 minutes ago, murraygd13 said:

His FIP and xFIP better than his ERA..still strikes out a good number of guys, not many walks..not many HR's..I think he's a hold.

I don’t know man, if he’s not getting lit up in the hits department he’s walking 5 guys.  This was a gimme matchup and he failed miserably.  I decided to not activate Smith because of the matchup and HE was the one to get the QS in this game.  Such is fantasy baseball.  🙄

Posted (edited)

He has one game all year that he walked 5 guys.  The rest of his BB totals..1,1,2,1,2,3,2,2,1,1,0,0,3,1,1,0

He has a strikeout rate right around 9 K/9, walk rate 3 BB/9.  The only stat he's been bad in, BABIP where after today he will have the worst in the NL.  With some average luck his ERA would be in the 3.2-3.5 range.

Edited by murraygd13