dschddny

New England Patriots 2019 Outlook

19 minutes ago, vthokie3 said:

going to be interesting when they face QBs like Watson and Mahomes. Still a great defense but they've played washed up Ben, Fitz/Rosen, Falk, Allen/Matt Barkley, Colt Mccoy, Daniel Jones, and Darnold

ok.  i think we're all well cognizant of their opponents thus far, it's constantly bought up - we get it 🤷‍♂️

would you be more impressed had they been mediocre against those buffoons they already faced?

see, it's one thing to be dominant/undefeated against those tomato cans, it's quite another to be the most statistically potent defense of all time. 

context, mah man. 

LET'S PARTY!

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, vthokie3 said:

going to be interesting when they face QBs like Watson and Mahomes. Still a great defense but they've played washed up Ben, Fitz/Rosen, Falk, Allen/Matt Barkley, Colt Mccoy, Daniel Jones, and Darnold

Funny you should mention that. Completely overthinking this (let’s face it that’s what most of us do in FF, and it’s part of the fun) but does anyone have even a hint of consideration to sit NE DEF vs upcoming teams like Baltimore, Dallas, Houston and KC? I’m 99% sure I won’t be sitting them for anyone, but it’s not like I haven’t thought about it. 

2 minutes ago, jadakid said:

Funny you should mention that. Completely overthinking this (let’s face it that’s what most of us do in FF, and it’s part of the fun) but does anyone have even a hint of consideration to sit NE DEF vs upcoming teams like Baltimore, Dallas, Houston and KC? I’m 99% sure I won’t be sitting them for anyone, but it’s not like I haven’t thought about it. 

I wouldn't and still think they're going to be the best defense fantasy wise ROS...just don't think they're going to keep up the "historic" pace all season

43 minutes ago, vthokie3 said:

Yes, very interesting. Why not just admit damn I never seen such a dominating defense. Why bring up the QBs the Patriots have faced and those guts are garbage. Darnold sure did a damn good job against the Cowboys last week. Mahomes can’t freaking walk as it is, so if the Patriots played the Chiefs, Mahomes would be going home in a body bag. Watson has so many holes these three teams shut down Watson Jacksonville, Colts the Panthers you think those three ain’t as good as the Patriots! 

The Patriots DST owners in my two leagues are a combined 13-1.

And their teams aren’t really that good outside of owning the cheat code.

• Like 1

PATS D/ST is #10 overall in my PPR league that has bonuses of 2, 4 and 6 for 100,125 and 150 yards and 1 for 40+plays, 3 40+TDs.

Unreal.

Edited by this guy right here

as a non owner in any leagues, this DST is ruining fantasy 

3 hours ago, SkinsChargersFan said:

The Patriots DST owners in my two leagues are a combined 13-1.

And their teams aren’t really that good outside of owning the cheat code.

ME, FEBRUARY: "Wow, the Patriots defense is really good."

ME, AUGUST: "LOL @ drafting a defense in the 10th, I just nailed down my 4th WR spot with DeSean Jackson!"

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, JE7HorseGod said:

ME, AUGUST: "LOL @ drafting a defense in the 10th, I just nailed down my 4th WR spot with DeSean Jackson!"

PREACH!

i circled Dallas for their cupcake opening three ... believe i plucked DK Metcalf right prior to the Pats D being snagged ... i was all like "OK, COWBOYS STILL ON THE BORED, THO ... SCORE!!!1!"

😥

• Like 2

1 minute ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

PREACH!

i circled Dallas for their cupcake opening three ... believe i plucked DK Metcalf right prior to the Pats D being snagged ... i was all like "OK, COWBOYS STILL ON THE BORED, THO ... SCORE!!!1!"

😥

I'd like to pretend this is a teachable moment.  But I have learned nothing, except that I do not understand how to interact with the Patriots in fantasy football and they scare me and I don't like them.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, JE7HorseGod said:

The problem with reaching for a DST is that it’s never the right DST.  This year people were reaching for the Bears, last year it was the Jags... etc.

But this year’s Pats are just so far and away better than the rest from a fantasy standpoint, it’s unfair.  We knew they’d have an easy schedule due to the division, but literally every team they’ve played so far has been in self-destruct mode except for the Bills, who have the worst offense of any good team.

This DST squad has outscored some first round picks this year. Anyone who was blessed with this team at the draft and who isn't making the playoffs in the league must be cursed.

3 hours ago, Thrill22 said:

Maybe next time Ill make the sarcasm more clear.  

LOL, I was just joking:  I knew you were being sarcastic as was I

I heart hoodie...

Patriots signed CB Justin Bethel.

A core special teamer type, Bethel was cut by the Ravens on Monday. You may be shocked to learn that the Patriots play the Ravens in Week 9.

6 hours ago, oresteszero said:

giphy.gif

So each kid gets two rings each. If he wins another there will be a problem.

6 hours ago, JSA2422 said:

as a non owner in any leagues, this DST is ruining fantasy 

You must have missed this from the gameday thread.  It isn't all sunshine and daisies. You guys need to have sympathy for us Pats D owners.  It is tough going through our days like this

giphy.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

10 hours ago, jadakid said:

Absolutely. All depends on what's available but if there's a defense playing a team like Miami or Washington they're a better start than NE against top teams. I'm not saying they're not good but the defense has feasted on some really bad teams. 

6 minutes ago, BGDDYKWL said:

Absolutely. All depends on what's available but if there's a defense playing a team like Miami or Washington they're a better start than NE against top teams. I'm not saying they're not good but the defense has feasted on some really bad teams. 

I'm trying to think of a fantasy defense that was wire to wire gold.

Of course Chicago and Jacksonville in recent year were great but I believe streaming was still the way to go towards the end of the year.

This defense has of course been better than that, but s--- happens.  Players could get hurt, they could drop a game and then not be going for 16-0, clinch home field and take their foot off the gas, etc.

Edited by JE7HorseGod
  • Like 1

Sanu is a deft move. This is why NE keeps winning titles. Not a bad move by ATL, who needs the draft pick and is deep enough at WR, but of all teams to trade to

Edited by bomont

8 hours ago, JE7HorseGod said:

I'm trying to think of a fantasy defense that was wire to wire gold.

Of course Chicago and Jacksonville in recent year were great but I believe streaming was still the way to go towards the end of the year.

This defense has of course been better than that, but s--- happens.  Players could get hurt, they could drop a game and then not be going for 16-0, clinch home field and take their foot off the gas, etc.

Another thing, and I know it's captain obvious, but great matchups always give your D the option of holding the opponent to under ten points. NE isn't holding a team like KC, or even Baltimore to under 10 points, so then you need a TD to have a double digit week.