dschddny

New England Patriots 2019 Outlook

1 hour ago, ponziacs said:

Why is their defense better this year without a defensive coordinator?

Because they have one of the best DCs as HC.

I'm happy I'm only playing in IDP leagues. Never get why DST is such a big thing.

Edited by thebadferret

20 hours ago, JE7HorseGod said:

ME, FEBRUARY: "Wow, the Patriots defense is really good."

ME, AUGUST: "LOL @ drafting a defense in the 10th, I just nailed down my 4th WR spot with DeSean Jackson!"

But it is never the right D that gets drafted high. Regardless of how well they are doing, it is always bad strategy to reach for a D.

5 hours ago, BGDDYKWL said:

Another thing, and I know it's captain obvious, but great matchups always give your D the option of holding the opponent to under ten points. NE isn't holding a team like KC, or even Baltimore to under 10 points, so then you need a TD to have a double digit week. 

Pats can absolutely hold the Ravens to a small poont total. Ravens havent played anyone decent at D. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, dmb3684 said:

Pats can absolutely hold the Ravens to a small poont total. Ravens havent played anyone decent at D. 

And the Pats haven't played anyone decent at O.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MSkibisky said:

That's a fair point but doesn't invalidate my point/stance. 

Remind me, what team did NE play in week 1 and make a mockery out of?

31 minutes ago, ThreadKiller said:

Remind me, what team did NE play in week 1 and make a mockery out of?

sure, no problem. An overrated Steelers team that is a shadow of their former self. Any other brain busters?

With the addition of Sanu this season is over.  NE will take the championship without even breaking a sweat.  I think most would agree.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, MSkibisky said:

It will not matter, the Patriots up the game against superior teams, they also find ways to win either in a shoot out with KC in the Conference Final or hold those mighty Rams to 3 points in last years Super Bowl. Just remember that same Ram team averaged 33 points per game during the regular season. 

sure, no problem. An overrated Steelers team that is a shadow of their former self. Any other brain busters?

A Ben Roethlesberger lead Steelers team is a team with a solid offense with or without Antonio Brown.

The fact that you're basing your opinion of the Steelers having a weak offense on games that Roethlesberger didn't play in is cute.

Any more pointless riddles?

Edited by ThreadKiller

Give him credit for (finally) playing by the rules.  One of these days, he’ll get one of his starters hurt by keeping them on in a blow-out, and it will (maybe) change his tune.

11 hours ago, dmb3684 said:

it is always bad strategy to reach for a D.

Speak for yourself, pal! 

On 10/23/2019 at 12:22 PM, jamor said:

With the addition of Sanu this season is over.  NE will take the championship without even breaking a sweat.  I think most would agree.

I think they're walking through the AFC at least.

Hopefully we don't get robbed again, saints should have been there last year and probably would have won ..... 

If we make it to the promise Land were beating the Patriots....

Edited by CABLE87

On 10/23/2019 at 11:22 AM, jamor said:

Eh, I feel like neither the D or O has been tested thus far in the season. Waiting for them to play a good team.

On 10/23/2019 at 11:31 AM, dmb3684 said:

That's a fair point but doesn't invalidate my point/stance. 

Kind of does actually

1 minute ago, CABLE87 said:

Hopefully we don't get robbed again, saints should have been there last year and probably would have won ..... 

If we make it to the promise Land were beating the Patriots....

I happened to be in New Orleans that weekend. As a Panthers fan, I normally would have loved to relish in the sweet tears and despair of Saints fans, but I was robbed of that satisfaction because you guys really were cheated that night.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, johnwallin said:

I happened to be in New Orleans that weekend. As a Panthers fan, I normally would have loved to relish in the sweet tears and despair of Saints fans, but I was robbed of that satisfaction because you guys really were cheated that night.

And everyone else was robbed of the satisfaction of watching a Brees vs. TB12 (or Mahomes!) Super Bowl.  Both would have been a million times better than what we actually got. 

27 minutes ago, jumper said:

And everyone else was robbed of the satisfaction of watching a Brees vs. TB12 (or Mahomes!) Super Bowl.  Both would have been a million times better than what we actually got. 

Hot take: That Pats supebowl defense would have also shut down the Saints.

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

HOODIE GONNA LUV THIS!

🤠

This is all Bill lives for now. He's accomplished all a coach can. He's probably like, "Challenge Accepted!"

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, sSektor said:

Hot take: That Pats supebowl defense would have also shut down the Saints.

Negative, you should look up the brees vs Brady H2H matchup ...as a new Orleans saint of course

12 minutes ago, CABLE87 said:

Negative, you should look up the brees vs Brady H2H matchup ...as a new Orleans saint of course

What does that have to do with Brees vs that Patriots defense? The Saints have beaten the Pats like once in the past 15 years lol. All I know is Michael Thomas wouldn't have done s--- against Gilmore and the run-defense and pass rush were good enough to neutralize Brees and Kamara. The Rams had more talent at the skill positions than the Saints last season and got embarrassed.

Just now, sSektor said:

What does that have to do with Brees vs that Patriots defense? The Saints have beaten the Pats like once in the past 15 years lol. All I know is Michael Thomas wouldn't have done s--- against Gilmore and the run-defense and pass rush were good enough to neutralize Brees and Kamara. The Rams had more talent at the skill positions than the Saints last season and got embarrassed.

3 times and lost once at NE in 2013, can't guard Mike so negative there, Sean Payton would have set up kamara in great situations so negative there. You greatly underestimate the saints, the Rams got shut down cause Hurley wasn't on the field but instead on a bike