dschddny

New England Patriots 2019 Outlook

Just now, CABLE87 said:

can't guard Mike so negative there

He was average at best every time he went up against a decent secondary last season. Under 80 yards without a TD 7 times last season. Gilmore absolutely would have shut him down and that's not even close to a stretch lol.

Sean Payton is the thrift store version of Belichick. Sure he'll get you some wins but everyone know's he's gonna let you down when it matters. No team was stopping that defense with 2 weeks to gameplan, not even the team that the Rams beat to get there 😂

1 hour ago, sSektor said:

Hot take: That Pats supebowl defense would have also shut down the Saints.

Better take:  even if what you said was true, seeing Brees, MT, Kamara, Ingram, and company still would have been a better game than watching Goff flail around and Gurley trying and failing to run on his arthritic knees. 

On ‎10‎/‎22‎/‎2019 at 10:28 AM, SkinsChargersFan said:

The problem with reaching for a DST is that it’s never the right DST.  This year people were reaching for the Bears, last year it was the Jags... etc.

But this year’s Pats are just so far and away better than the rest from a fantasy standpoint, it’s unfair.  We knew they’d have an easy schedule due to the division, but literally every team they’ve played so far has been in self-destruct mode except for the Bills, who have the worst offense of any good team.

I was able to scoop them up after week 1 and the advantage is unreal.  It got me thinking though...

I agree with you that reaching and selecting the right "one" is not the correct strategy.  Instead, I was contemplating drafting 3-4 DST's next year instead of late round fliers that rarely work out.  You could hold up until bye weeks start or until you get an idea if you've hit or drop for a breakout.  I find myself always missing on the breakouts because I don't want to drop a draft pick too early and I think this strategy would help with that, at least for me.

I went back and looked at my drafts from the last 3 years and after round 10 I only hit on 3 players total in 15 picks that consistently sniffed my starting lineup.  In most of my drafts there is always this point where you don't really like anyone, why not reach at that point for a potential advantage in that spot. The Jags were on 33.1% of championship teams in 2017, the Bears were on 28.1% in 2018 and with matchups against Cincinnati and Buffalo in 15 & 16 I wouldn't be surprised to see the Patriots above the 33% mark this year.

• Haha 1

So many weeks my team has played like crap and I’ve written the week off, then Pats D

Enough about the defense.  Is Brady leaving at the end of this year or no.....

2 minutes ago, Fantasy Gooroo said:

49ers Patriots Superbowl

Seems like a strong possibility.

Saints-49ers would be a fun NFC title fight if you like defense.

Basically if you don't like defense the playoffs this year probably won't be your cup of tea.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Fantasy Gooroo said:

49ers Patriots Superbowl

The Saints are the best team in the NFL right now.  If Garrapolo can improve his play, the Niners will have a shot.

I need to see the Pats dominate a decent team first... they should have lost to the Bills. I can’t wait for the Ravens game.

2 minutes ago, SkinsChargersFan said:

The Saints are the best team in the NFL right now.  If Garrapolo can improve his play, the Niners will have a shot.

I need to see the Pats dominate a decent team first... they should have lost to the Bills. I can’t wait for the Ravens game.

The last time I saw the Saints play a legit defense with Brees, their offense was struggling against the Rams before he hurt his thumb.

They're a great team, but I have some serious questions how they matchup with the Niners defense.  Home field advantage could be big there.  I think it'd be a low scoring game.

I don't see a team in the AFC the Pats don't walk over.  Maybe Indy could give them a fight.  KC, Baltimore and Houston don't have the D and Buffalo doesn't have the O. 

56 minutes ago, Smoketheclay said:

This D is gonna hit a hard wall from here 

To be fair people said that before last week after Jets beat Cowboys and the D keeps chugging along

Just another average week for these beasts. 5 sacks, three turnovers and a TD. Outrageous. Depending on scoring, now about even (or better) on fantasy points with CMC.

Now the tougher run begins... @ Baltimore next week. Expectations?

On 10/28/2019 at 4:30 AM, Greg83 said:

Now the tougher run begins... @ Baltimore next week. Expectations?

Tempered. Still starting but not expecting crazy numbers.  Baltimore should put up 17-24 points but NE will still have several sacks and a pick or two IMO. 

NE's defense might need to score to keep them in the game considering how bad the offense has been. Win win for those of us starting Lamar and the NE defense.

Jackson hasn't exactly played a murder row of defenses so far, Miami, Arizona, KC, Cleveland, Pittsburgh, Cincy, and Seattle. Only Pittsburgh has an above average defense, and he threw 3 INTs that game.

I have a feeling the defense gets exposed a bit this week. Certainly hope I'm wrong, but I think Lamar's legs will be the difference. Pats' D has been amazing, but against terrible teams. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I was afraid this was gonna happen, just was hoping I'd be wrong. A quick look at their schedule and you realize they've beaten up on absolutely terrible teams. They have a tough stretch following the bye, I'm not sure their D is gonna be a good start til week 15. 

Would've been real bold but with the Ravens tonight, the upcoming schedule, and the bye week 10, their D probably should've been a drop this week. 

• Haha 1

Not bad. 11 points I got from them after allowing 30 points. Bout as bad as it’s going to get. They are going to crush Wentz having a bye week. I’m guessing 2 ints and 5 sacks. 17 points allowed. A little concerned against Houston and kc but I’m still starting against Dallas. Also playoff games are very nice