dschddny

New England Patriots 2019 Outlook

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Ryansm11 said:

It’s coming my dude. Bookmark this comment. 31-13

Spoken like a true Steelers fan. Smack talk and pointless, empty guarantees that come from a place of insecurity.

Edited by ThreadKiller

2 minutes ago, ThreadKiller said:

Spoken like a true Steelers fan. Smack talk and pointless, empty guarantees that come from a place of insecurity.

31-13 isn't even really a blow out.  

30 minutes ago, ThreadKiller said:

Yeah y’all own us, what else can I say? Week 1 though I think we have a shot! I’ll be back! 

5 hours ago, dudewithabadcat said:

The RBs are rock solid and are going to move the chains into the red zone

That sounds like a great reason not to focus on Brady, unless you assume all RB work in the red zone is going to be receiving work. Belichick is no Pete Carroll.

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, Ryansm11 said:

Yeah y’all own us, what else can I say? Week 1 though I think we have a shot! I’ll be back! 

I don’t know about this “y’all”, “we” and “us” nonsense. I’m just a big fan. Surprisingly, I don’t play for the Patriots.

Edited by ThreadKiller

17 hours ago, Boudewijn said:

That sounds like a great reason not to focus on Brady, unless you assume all RB work in the red zone is going to be receiving work. Belichick is no Pete Carroll.

I completely understand where you are going with this and yes, it might not necessarily play in the favor of Brady's fantasy points.  The only point I am making here is that the ball should get into the red zone regularly, possibly one of the highest rates in the league - I would rather take my chances with a QB in the top 3-5 red zone opportunities than whatever other options exist out there.  

Let's back up one too - we are literally talking about the GOAT as if he has lost all ability to throw.  Secondly, we are talking about the GOAT who has literally thrown more TDs to more random a** players.  There are some draft outlooks having him going as late as the 12th round....which I guess seems right but holy smokes the value is insane right there. 

4 hours ago, dudewithabadcat said:

Let's back up one too - we are literally talking about the GOAT as if he has lost all ability to throw.  Secondly, we are talking about the GOAT who has literally thrown more TDs to more random a** players. 

Yeah, but let's also:
- separate real football from fantasy. They're not the same thing

- separate history from the future. Brees and Brady are absolutely amazing, their careers are amazing, they were amazing a couple years ago, but just look at their stats, and you will see that even though they're not terrible, their teams are scheming them out of it.

Brees isn't throwing 40 passes a game anymore. The Pats have drafted RBs 2 years in a row. Think about it.

15 hours ago, Boudewijn said:

Yeah, but let's also:
- separate real football from fantasy. They're not the same thing

- separate history from the future. Brees and Brady are absolutely amazing, their careers are amazing, they were amazing a couple years ago, but just look at their stats, and you will see that even though they're not terrible, their teams are scheming them out of it.

Brees isn't throwing 40 passes a game anymore. The Pats have drafted RBs 2 years in a row. Think about it.

12th Round QB.  Steal.