JohnJSal

Price, Kershaw, Keuchel on the WW...grab them?

Posted (edited)

All three were just dropped. I'm thinking Price is definitely worth it. Perhaps Keuchel. Frankly, I'm not sure about Kershaw. Thoughts? Who should I drop for each?

(I also have a claim in for Kimbrel, dropping Dominguez, so he isn't really an option to drop at this point.)

Thanks!

Yahoo! Public League (Roto / 12 team / 5x5 / Redraft)

C Tucker Barnhart

1B Rhys Hoskins

2B Javier Baez

3B Josh Donaldson

SS Francisco Lindor

OF Mike Trout, Wil Myers, David Peralta

Util Corey Seager, Justin Turner

BN Byron Buxton, Manuel Margot, Nick Senzel, Yonder Alonso

SP Walker Buehler, Jameson Taillon, Yu Darvish, Luis Castillo, Jon Lester, Jon Gray

RP Tyler Glasnow, Cody Allen, Seranthony Dominguez

Edited by JohnJSal

Posted (edited)

One more question: which claim should I put first? I was thinking Kimbrel, but perhaps Price is more important? I feel like I'm weak on RP, but another great SP may still overshadow that. Thanks again!

Edited by JohnJSal

Can you take two?

Grab Kershaw and put him in DL - then with the open spot grab Price?

Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, Knox said:

Can you take two?

Grab Kershaw and put him in DL - then with the open spot grab Price?

No, unfortunately the public leagues don't allow you to add someone directly to the DL, so I'd have to drop someone for each claim. So far I have:

Add Kimbrel, drop Dominguez

Add Price, drop Alonso

I'm trying to figure out Kershaw and Keuchel.

Edit: Oh, I just noticed that Kershaw is not on the DL yet, at least not according to Yahoo. So that wouldn't have worked anyway.

Edited by JohnJSal

Get Price asap. I think what we saw of him post ASB in 2018 is indicative of what he is still capable of.  No, I'm not saying he'll post an ERA around 2.25 and a sub 1 whip.  But a low 3.00's (think 3.10 to 3.20 ish) and a sub 1.20 whip with a solid amount of K's are still more than reasonable expectations for Price imho.

Kerhsaw is worth a stash on the DL.  No reason to think when he's healthy he'll be anything other than clayton Kershaw. Its just that 'when he's healthy' that had a lot of draft day people spooked.  Keuchel is one I've moved away from.  2 years ago he was my pitcher of choice for mid to late rounds and was on every team I could get him.  But now I think he's seen better days.  His K/9 will never be where it needs to be for great value and I think his era/whip are only going up in this and future seasons.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Khahan said:

Get Price asap. I think what we saw of him post ASB in 2018 is indicative of what he is still capable of.  No, I'm not saying he'll post an ERA around 2.25 and a sub 1 whip.  But a low 3.00's (think 3.10 to 3.20 ish) and a sub 1.20 whip with a solid amount of K's are still more than reasonable expectations for Price imho.

Kerhsaw is worth a stash on the DL.  No reason to think when he's healthy he'll be anything other than clayton Kershaw. Its just that 'when he's healthy' that had a lot of draft day people spooked.  Keuchel is one I've moved away from.  2 years ago he was my pitcher of choice for mid to late rounds and was on every team I could get him.  But now I think he's seen better days.  His K/9 will never be where it needs to be for great value and I think his era/whip are only going up in this and future seasons.

Thanks very much! Any opinions on whether I should prioritize Price over Kimbrel? I have the 7th waiver claim spot, so I'm kind of not expecting to get anyone anyway, but you never know. Might as well maximize my chances.

Kershaw, Kimbrel, Price would be my choices. I like Keuchel, but he may need at least a few weeks to get his arm stretched out & that is only if he signs this week. 

Read where Kershaw says he is about 20 days away, so definitely a good stash. If you can get 2, I would drop Dominguez & J Gray. Can't believe they were dropped, because in our 12 team draft yesterday, all 4 of those guys were drafted. Good luck!!

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, PittsburghSports said:

What am I missing here? Is this a 2 person league?

LOL. No clue. That's what makes public leagues so....interesting, I suppose. :)

• Haha 1

Here are my claims and their priorities at the moment. Suggestions for changes?

Waiver 1 (Mar 26): Add Craig Kimbrel, Drop Seranthony Domínguez
Waiver 2 (Mar 26): Add David Price, Drop Yonder Alonso
Waiver 3 (Mar 26): Add Clayton Kershaw, Drop Manuel Margot
  • Like 1

The way to do waivers is you choose the same drop for all the players you want to pick up and then repeat it for each drop:

So: 

Add Kimbrel, Drop Seranthony Domínguez

Add Price, Drop Seranthony Domínguez

Add Kershaw, Drop Seranthony Domínguez

- Then do all 3 claims with Alonso and all 3 again with Margot.  This way if Kimbrel is taken, you will get Price for Dominquez.  Your other waiver claims will still be in effect but your best drop will go first.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Mobdad said:

The way to do waivers is you choose the same drop for all the players you want to pick up and then repeat it for each drop:

So: 

Add Kimbrel, Drop Seranthony Domínguez

Add Price, Drop Seranthony Domínguez

Add Kershaw, Drop Seranthony Domínguez

- Then do all 3 claims with Alonso and all 3 again with Margot.  This way if Kimbrel is taken, you will get Price for Dominquez.  Your other waiver claims will still be in effect but your best drop will go first.

Oh, thanks! I think I did that one time and then never tried it again! I'll do that now.

Do you think Price should be before Kimbrel?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, JohnJSal said:

Oh, thanks! I think I did that one time and then never tried it again! I'll do that now.

Do you think Price should be before Kimbrel?

If I could get Kersh, that would be my first pick, even if I had to wait a few weeks for him to heal.  Price is very inconsistent and is a nice piece but is often a pain to own and would be 2nd for me.  Kimbrel struggled last season, but is better than many on your bench.

• Thanks 1