Sign in to follow this  
oswald737

Chris Paddack 2019 Outlook

Recommended Posts

Sucks that the sell high window just slammed shut. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, MoonyGray said:

Anyone with some positive insight as to what’s going on here?

velocity is down is the first thing I noticed

second is command is shaky even within the zone, of the 4 homers hes given up last two outings every single pitch missed significantly

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

DamnIT .. The ride looks like it might be over after those last two starts. 

 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, El_Chingon said:

Next start @SF, chance to bounce back.

I'm seeing his next start as Sunday vs Washington.  Where did you see that it is against SF?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, ToO_BaD said:

I'm seeing his next start as Sunday vs Washington.  Where did you see that it is against SF?

Everywhere I look shows Tuesday @ SF.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, ToO_BaD said:

I'm seeing his next start as Sunday vs Washington.  Where did you see that it is against SF?

They're squeezing Quantrill in today and bumping Lucchesi to tomorrow. So Lauer, Margevicius and Strahm after that leaves Paddack @SF next Tuesday.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, El_Chingon said:

Everywhere I look shows Tuesday @ SF.

 

1 minute ago, neljak25 said:

They're squeezing Quantrill in today and bumping Lucchesi to tomorrow. So Lauer, Margevicius and Strahm after that leaves Paddack @SF next Tuesday.

Ah okay thanks guys.  I didn't do a ton of investigating - just saw that his player blurb on ESPN had mentioned the Nationals and the "Schedule" tab on my ESPN league had him scheduled on the 9th.  Appreciate the clarification!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well with that said, I will give him another chance @SF.  If he can't get through that, then I don't know.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, ToO_BaD said:

Well with that said, I will give him another chance @SF.  If he can't get through that, then I don't know.

Agreed (redraft only).  Especially if he will be on an innings limit anyway

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, El_Chingon said:

Agreed (redraft only).  Especially if he will be on an innings limit anyway

Yes should have prefaced with redraft.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The fastball last night looked straight as an arrow, didn't see any movement on it at all. I don't remember it being that flat before, wonder if there's a mechanical issue that can be easily fixed(my dynasty hopes anyway).....well, that and his secondary's needing honing..seems more of a 2020 play......come back strong kid..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Golden Spikes said:

velocity is down is the first thing I noticed

second is command is shaky even within the zone, of the 4 homers hes given up last two outings every single pitch missed significantly

 

Velo checked in fairly normal, averaged 93.8 MPH...def agree on the command wavering though

12 minutes ago, FISH ON said:

The fastball last night looked straight as an arrow, didn't see any movement on it at all. I don't remember it being that flat before, wonder if there's a mechanical issue that can be easily fixed(my dynasty hopes anyway).....well, that and his secondary's needing honing..seems more of a 2020 play......come back strong kid..

According to his chart, the FB had a ton of vertical break on it 🤷‍♂️ and CH was falling off pretty well too (3 whiffs on each of the offerings)...

He went away from the CU last night (not that he has ever used it a ton) but only spun up 7 last night, had pretty good shape at least.

I think it's just a blip, the book is out and he will need to make some adjustments now.

  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Was digging around a bit on the Brooks baseball sight and noticed that his changeup comes from a different release point than his FB and Curve. I’m wondering if that’s maybe something teams have picked up on? Haven’t looked to see if batters are hitting the change or just laying off it. Could be nothing, just something I noticed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, ST. STEVEN said:

Velo checked in fairly normal, averaged 93.8 MPH...def agree on the command wavering though

According to his chart, the FB had a ton of vertical break on it 🤷‍♂️ and CH was falling off pretty well too (3 whiffs on each of the offerings)...

He went away from the CU last night (not that he has ever used it a ton) but only spun up 7 last night, had pretty good shape at least.

I think it's just a blip, the book is out and he will need to make some adjustments now.

interesting cause I watched the whole game, and didnt see him hit 93 more then maybe 3 times

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, Golden Spikes said:

interesting cause I watched the whole game, and didnt see him hit 93 more then maybe 3 times

 

Yeah what I've got is almost 94 on average and several maxes of 96.4 MPH?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
50 minutes ago, ST. STEVEN said:

Yeah what I've got is almost 94 on average and several maxes of 96.4 MPH?

I wonder if fox sports San Diego has a different gun maybe?  The broadcast itself was even talking about how his velocity seemed way down

Edited by Golden Spikes
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is he starting Sunday?

 

Yahoo has him starting Sunday, but MLB app has TBD for San Diego.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/5/2019 at 2:02 PM, Golden Spikes said:

I wonder if fox sports San Diego has a different gun maybe?  The broadcast itself was even talking about how his velocity seemed way down

 

It was down, lacked life,  and lacked command.   Just like vs NYY.  Both these starts post neck issue have been the same. 

Normally I'd say the pitcher is tired but given that he was pushed back with a neck issue there could be something more going on.   Either way his arm speed is down.

 

Regardless, at his best he's got two plus pitches and plus plus command...And no 3rd pitch.   So we're seeing what happens to a 2 pitch guy when anything is off with either of the two pitches or the command isn't there. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, Triple Short Of a Cycle said:

Anyone know if he is getting 2 starts this week?

I don't believe the second start (at COL) is set in stone...prob depends on the return of Strahm and if they want to get an extra day of rest for the rotation?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this