loro1991

Jorge Soler 2019 Outlook

Anyone else on the Jorge Soler post-post-post hype pick him up for free sleeper train

Hitting cleanup, playing everyday, who else on waivers in a deep league even has those two accolades?

5 HR this spring, BEST SHAPE OF HIS LIFE

I'm riding the train. I went cheap with my OF and he is one of my 4 starters, currently. Hoping he can parlay some of this power into the regular season.

All a question of a healthy season. I owned him last year and he was doing fine till he broke his toe. Massive power and seems like the avg. is getting better and better with the occasional stole base.

18 hours ago, loro1991 said:

BEST SHAPE OF HIS LIFE

Said it before and I'll say it again, these are the 5 most dangerous words in fantasy sports.  Grabbing him just as soon as a roster spot opens up.

For some reason I've developed what could be an unhealthy man-crush on him.   Dude is always injured and was never that big on him prior but picked him up (6x6 league) year when he started to break out last year.  Most people have him in the 80-100 range of outfielders which I think is extremely low for his upside.   IMO he could be one of the biggest gainers by years end.   Or he plays 60 games...    

Is this finally the year?!?! Probably not but I've got him on the bench in a dynasty so I sure hope so. 

8 hours ago, knuckleheads said:

For some reason I've developed what could be an unhealthy man-crush on him.   Dude is always injured and was never that big on him prior but picked him up (6x6 league) year when he started to break out last year.  Most people have him in the 80-100 range of outfielders which I think is extremely low for his upside.   IMO he could be one of the biggest gainers by years end.   Or he plays 60 games...    

Me too, to an extent.  He carried me on my playoff run in his call-up year.  Haven't really been able to leave him behind since then, he always finds his way to my roster.

dude's killing it right now. might be time to prioritize this pick up - even if it's a defensive pick up - in case the breakout is finally about to happen.

thoughts?  

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, sharpee said:

dude's killing it right now. might be time to prioritize this pick up - even if it's a defensive pick up - in case the breakout is finally about to happen.

thoughts?  

I mean, how small is the league you're playing in if he wasn't drafted in the first place? Any 12-teamer where he is sitting on the waiver wire is probably a pretty weak league, in terms of competition. 

• Haha 2

Generally I agree that Soler is undervalued (not without reason) and should be rostered in most 12 team leagues.  However, had he gone 0-8 his first 2 days would you be on here saying that??? 

Posted (edited)

I added Soler in my 10 team ( big rosters) shortly after the draft. Always loved the guys talent, and I love that hes the focal point of that offense more or less.

I guess it depends on your teams strengths and who you would have to drop.

I think hes a fair bet to finish top 30, with upside of 15-20. All about staying healthy though, which he has had trouble doing. 

Edited by McAllister919

I'm in one of these weaker leagues probably, and I'm torn between "this guy is a must add" and "this guy is just taking advantage of weak White Sox pitchers". I like what I've seen so far at least, from him as well as the 3 guys ahead of him giving more RBI chances.

• Like 1

Dang, these waters are full of sharks. I'm in three long-time uber-competitive leagues. Soler was gone within 250 picks in each. If your league counts HR and RBI and is at least 200 players deep, I can't see any reason why you would leave this power-hitting cleanup hitter on the waiver wire. So sorry to have offended so many. Carry on.

Posted (edited)

Any pick after the ~23rd round could just as easily be waiver guys. At that point it's just random, no ADP involved

Edited by street sharks

9 hours ago, Baseball Batman said:

Dang, these waters are full of sharks. I'm in three long-time uber-competitive leagues. Soler was gone within 250 picks in each. If your league counts HR and RBI and is at least 200 players deep, I can't see any reason why you would leave this power-hitting cleanup hitter on the waiver wire. So sorry to have offended so many. Carry on.

There has to be something else to it, like you’re in fantasy leagues with Cubs fans who had Soler on the mind for years.  Again, 27% owned in yahoo at the time of your post.  We’re talking Manny Margot status.

But that said, it would be quite the story if Soler could stay healthy and finally deliver on his promise.

I just don’t feel like people should regret ignoring him in drafts.  Injury history, a home stadium that suppresses power, etc.

In points leagues the Ks are going to dampen his Jesusness. Still just 37% on CBS.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CraftyRighty said:

.....and it all comes crashing down

Disappointing but not surprising. There's still time but we've seen it all before. Some guys just never have the big break out.