Sign in to follow this  
fletch44

Lucas Giolito 2019 Outlook

If I had left this start on my bench it would haunted me for quite a while.

#FOMOavoided

15 minutes ago, sleepysock said:

Correction: 8 strong, no runs, 8ks, just one runner touched second base tonight.

Dude's a straight up ace.

Correction: CGSO

• Like 1

107 pitch complete game shut out. Technically that's two complete games in a row. Threw 82/107 pitches for strikes too. That was a pretty great outing against one of baseball's best offenses (though minus two studs in Altuve and Springer)

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, Jericho said:

107 pitch complete game shut out. Technically that's two complete games in a row. Threw 82/107 pitches for strikes too. That was a pretty great outing against one of baseball's best offenses (though minus two studs in Altuve and Springer)

The command is the best sign of all. That combined with his fastball being back. (Ric Flair woooooo)

Edited by High&Inside
  • Like 1

The whole game I was literally shaking my head.

I am not sure it would have mattered if Altuve and Springer were in the lineup.

He is going to provide more value any player this season.   I am in a deep league and he wasn't even drafted.

He has been impressive since that game against Boston when he came back

wonder how the Nats brass feels about seeing Giolito and Lopez at the top of the XSox rotation .... at least they won a Championship with Adam Eaton ... oh ... wait

9 minutes ago, High&Inside said:

Correction: CGSO

Amazing. What a turnaround from last year. From legitimately the worst pitcher in the game to one of the best. It’s not flukey either. What he’s doing can be backed up by the under the hood metrics. 

Oh and by the way he maxed out at 97.7 mph tonight. It’s probably been years since he’s hit that number.

6-1, sub 3 era, in the Cy Young conversation.  

Just where we all thought he’s be back in March 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Final season line prediction:

15 wins, 2.90 ERA, 9.0 K/9., 1.10 WHIP

One thing that I can't overstate enough is how easy his velocity looked. I watched the entire game, and easy 96-97 all night.

It was heartbreaking to see what happened to him last year because he is such a genuinely good guy.  Seek out some of his interviews if you haven’t already.  That’s one of the reasons why this breakout is such a feel-good story.

My preferred nickname for him is Lukasz, pronounced Luke-osh.  We got more Polish people in Chicago than they got in Warsaw.  It’s a hell of a marketing tool.

• Haha 1

Watched the entire game.

He looked like an ace. He threw like an ace. Nothing more to say.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Tommy Lee Jones said:

It was heartbreaking to see what happened to him last year because he is such a genuinely good guy.  Seek out some of his interviews if you haven’t already.  That’s one of the reasons why this breakout is such a feel-good story.

My preferred nickname for him is Lukasz, pronounced Luke-osh.  We got more Polish people in Chicago than they got in Warsaw.  It’s a hell of a marketing tool.

Lukasz Giolowski

• Like 3

11 hours ago, sleepysock said:

Correction: 8 strong, no runs, 8ks, just one runner touched second base tonight.

Dude's a straight up ace.

Yeah, I spoke too soon. I was looking online for score updates, and it looked like he was pulled after the 7th. It really looks like it's starting to come together for him. 

Everyone knows the story of the Turtle and the Rabbit. Someone needs to photoshop the turtle carrying post-hype guys (Giolito, Glasnow, Domingo) and the rabbit carrying the fresh call-ups.

it's only going to get better from here with 2 starts next vs indians and royals.. easy money.  top 20 pitcher no question

Posted (edited)

Gives up 2 hits a walk and 3 earned runs in the 1st. Finishes with 8 innings 3 ER 3 hits 1 walk 10 Ks and gets the W. Money.

Edited by bradyp713
  • Like 1

So this guy is a budding ace now?