Sign in to follow this  
tonycpsu

MLB Waiver Wire Thread 2019 Week 1

tonycpsu

MLB Waiver Wire Thread 2019 Week 1

This thread is for offering suggested waiver wire pickups and streaming options for week 1 of the 2019 MLB season.

It is not for the following:

Comments that fall into one of these categories or are otherwise not on topic for this thread will be removed.

Some discussion of waiver suggetions is allowed, but this is not the place for an extended debate on the merits of any particular player. Take these in-depth discussions over to the outlook threads for the individual player(s) in question.

Message added by tonycpsu

2 Players to stream this week in deeper leagues.

Dwight Smith. I am from Baltimore and D. Smith is hitting line drives all over the place. If he sticks he should be a 10/10 player with 15/15 upside. I think he is just a place mat until Austin Hays comes up. I am currently starting D. Smith over Roman Laureano.

Chris Owings. Reports out of KC say Owings will get the majority of playing time at 2b. I would start Owings over Willy Adames.

• Like 1

If you're a real gambler looking for Ks and Ws, and don't care about your ratios...... Reid-Foley will be starting against BAL and CLE this week.

For those in need of OF help, Kole Calhoun is off to a fairly productive start and faces some gascan pitchers this week ( @ Sea, v Tex)

ERA notwithstanding I'm very interested in Corbin Burnes after that start the other night...  he's going to rack up some k's

• Like 1

If your lineups haven't locked yet, I think Loaisaga gets the start for the Yanks against the Tigers on Wednesday?

Fantrax is showing CC, but he's supposed to head to the IL after this 5-game suspension.

[A couple deleted. Do *not* nitpick waiver touts.]

• Like 1

Kolten Wong, Yandy Diaz Ryan McMahon and Raimel Tapia, All these guys can help if not be an upgrade.

Those in deep, AL only or 2 catcher leagues need to look at Omar Narvaez. After a poor start in the games in Japan has been tearing it up. Bats lefty so is on the strong side of a platoon and should hit for a decent average.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Krambone said:

Kolten Wong, Yandy Diaz Ryan McMahon and Raimel Tapia, All these guys can help if not be an upgrade.

Why Tapia? He barely plays.

• Like 2

Ian Kinsler to replace Daniel Murphy.  He's hitting at the top of a pretty good lineup and is off to a decent start. 

On 4/1/2019 at 5:54 AM, Zrattlesnake said:

Chris Owings. Reports out of KC say Owings will get the majority of playing time at 2b. I would start Owings over Willy Adames.

He's a nice player imo. Gonna be some solid deep league value here. He's played 2B and 3B, so likely to soon have OF/2B/3B/MI/CI and play daily.

I think .265 with 10+ HR and 20 SB are well within reach

28 minutes ago, ST. STEVEN said:

He's a nice player imo. Gonna be some solid deep league value here. He's played 2B and 3B, so likely to soon have OF/2B/3B/MI/CI and play daily.

I think .265 with 10+ HR and 20 SB are well within reach

If he keeps struggling, how long will they let him play through it? Is there any point at which KC says “forget it” and sits him down?

Just now, Flyman75 said:

If he keeps struggling, how long will they let him play through it? Is there any point at which KC says “forget it” and sits him down?

He's made some nice contact--just like he was all spring, just hasn't been finding the holes. I think he's got a bit of leash...seems like a Yost kinda player?

I suppose Nicky Lopez could be a factor if the struggles keep for a long stretch...

• Like 1

Matt Boyd is still available in 60% of yahoo leagues and has just had two monster strikeout games in a row.

Leury Garcia for deeper leagues?

Posted (edited)

anyone pitching Trent Thornton tomorrow vs CLE???

Edited by jfazz23

3 hours ago, jfazz23 said:

anyone pitching Trent Thornton tomorrow vs CLE???

Gonna roll him out there in my deep roto league

• Like 1

Woodruff

Goodrum

Caleb Smith

Max Fried

Kang

Turnbull