Sign in to follow this  
tonycpsu

MLB Waiver Wire Thread 2019 Week 1

tonycpsu

MLB Waiver Wire Thread 2019 Week 1

This thread is for offering suggested waiver wire pickups and streaming options for week 1 of the 2019 MLB season.

It is not for the following:

Comments that fall into one of these categories or are otherwise not on topic for this thread will be removed.

Some discussion of waiver suggetions is allowed, but this is not the place for an extended debate on the merits of any particular player. Take these in-depth discussions over to the outlook threads for the individual player(s) in question.

Message added by tonycpsu

11 hours ago, squidthunder said:

Adam Jones?? 

Yes sir.  Still chilling on alot of waivers.  Dude's beasting.  Most of Arizona offense is for that marte.

Jorge Soler if he is still available. He is only owned in 33% percent of Yahoo leagues. Had his first HR of the year today, he also has four doubles on the year and 7 RBI. Hitting in the clean up spot for Kansas City. Quite a good bench outfielder bat so far.

About to say R Guzman in deeper leagues but just got injured running on bases after a double. Sucks, can't have anything nice.

Provided he doesn't miss more than a game with his sore hand, Tyler Flowers should be in line for 7-8 starts while McCann in on the 10-day IL with a wonky hammy. 

41 minutes ago, Baseball Jonze said:

Provided he doesn't miss more than a game with his sore hand, Tyler Flowers should be in line for 7-8 starts while McCann in on the 10-day IL with a wonky hammy. 

The hand seemed like an issue last night and the announcers were discussing it as well

Eric Thames

41 minutes ago, nlm said:

Eric Thames

You really think he is going to take that 1B job away?

2 minutes ago, clarkevii said:

You really think he is going to take that 1B job away?

Not necessarily, but he has played well so far and Aguilar has not. As an owner of the latter, I'm taking precautions. MIL is resting some of their lineup today, including Aguilar, and if Thames can keep hitting he may find a spot out there yet. Thames is very streaky, but the early bird catches the worm here.

Man, if was a different team I'd nominate R Tapia of COL...Desmond is a disaster. Could be nice OF pivot in 16+ teamers or 5 OF leagues if he gets a chance?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, nlm said:

Not necessarily, but he has played well so far and Aguilar has not. As an owner of the latter, I'm taking precautions. MIL is resting some of their lineup today, including Aguilar, and if Thames can keep hitting he may find a spot out there yet. Thames is very streaky, but the early bird catches the worm here.

At the very least, not a bad streamer for today if you have a spot open.

I picked him up for today since my OF is a bit weak so far.

• Like 1

A couple other deep league names...

OF Jason Heyward (he has been on fire out of the gate, so if you play in a 5OF league he could have some value right now)
RP Adam Conley (15% in fantrax and could have a share of the Marlins' CL duties sooner than later)
C Austin Barnes (off to a nice start this year, he splits time with Russell Martin which caps his value a bit)

Chances Seattle lets Vogelbach DH all week? 7 game slate, and the only pitcher I'm scared of is Verlander.

• Like 1

Clint Frazier

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Hockey_Baseball said:

Chances Seattle lets Vogelbach DH all week? 7 game slate, and the only pitcher I'm scared of is Verlander.

streaming him this week for sure. David Fletcher could be a nice add as well.

Edited by cdd10
  • Like 1

Blake Swihart. Looks like he will be playing more and has eligibility C/1B/OF.

7 minutes ago, teker1 said:

Where can I find how much to spend on ww  players like:Matthew Boyd. Efflin, alex colome,jay bruce, etc....

Bench coach forum I'd think

• Like 1

Not an enthralling suggestion, but Mark Reynolds looks like he will be filling in at 1B for the next 10 days or so. 4 lefties on the schedule next week and 3 games at Coors. In my 20 teamer I needed a CI fill-in and he was free. He's had some pretty incredible stretches before too.

• Like 1

nothing there

Christian Walker, Yandy DIaz

• Like 1