Sign in to follow this  
taobball

Aaron Sanchez 2019 Outlook

Sad reality of his career. He can't be both interesting and healthy. 

• Like 1

If Roy Munson could get a new hand then Aaron Sanchez could too.  This is mind boggling how after 3 years they can’t figure this out.  So medically my grandmother who had stage 4 Lymphoma and 5% chance to live survived on medical advances, but in 2019 we can’t figure out how Aaron Sanchez nail keeps breaking.  Color me confused.

Probably for the best for fantasy owners. He was a ticking time bomb but I couldn't bring myself to drop him until he actually blew up. He was walking the ballpark and just generally didn't look very good (even when he was lucking himself out of jams). Glad I can now drop him with my mind at peace

• Like 1

FWIW the update from CBS...

Manager Charlie Montoyo is hopeful Sanchez (finger) will be able to make his next start, Ben Nicholson-Smith of Sportsnet.ca reports.

Sanchez was lifted early from Sunday's game against the Athletics after suffering a broken fingernail. While blisters have cost him time in the past, this news appears to be more optimistic.

Posted (edited)

This will be an ongoing issue all year just like it has been the last two. He's totally unreliable

Edited by azeri98
spelling
  • Like 1

I’m hopeful he can get it together tonight. He’s got so much talent..

Far too dangerous of a start. Twins offense is explosive and underrated, Sanchez has been progressively getting worse since his first start, and the Jays offense will not give him any run support against Berrios.

31 minutes ago, Hockey_Baseball said:

Far too dangerous of a start. Twins offense is explosive and underrated, Sanchez has been progressively getting worse since his first start, and the Jays offense will not give him any run support against Berrios.

I live for the danger! 

*moves Sanchez to the bench*

• Haha 1

Sanchez got his 9th straight loss last night, a feat that hasn’t occurred since 2004. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
17 minutes ago, smeeze said:

Sanchez got his 9th straight loss last night, a feat that hasn’t occurred since 2004. 

Still just enough time to break Maroth’s record at this pace

Edited by BMcP

Posted (edited)

Trending upward.  Last two starts he has been good.  Gave up 4 ER yesterday but did K 10 with 0 walks.

Change in pitch useage.

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/aaron-sanchezs-arrow-continues-to-point-up-with-encouraging-start-213217182.html

Costs nothing right now but a couple of more good starts or trade to a contender increases the cost dramatically.

Edited by B&F
  • Like 1

Meant to add his schedule the rest of season.  Only 2 tough games really and those are both at home.

@BAL, @TB, TEX, SEA, @SEA, HOU, @TB, BOS, @BAL, BAL, 

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, B&F said:

Meant to add his schedule the rest of season.  Only 2 tough games really and those are both at home.

Good stream option for most of those games, outside of HOU & BOS?

1 hour ago, B&F said:

Where do you find this info?

38 minutes ago, Macgregor said:

Where do you find this info?

Fantrax.

I should mention those are the projected matchups.  It is never certain but it gives a good idea.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, B&F said:

Trending upward.  Last two starts he has been good.  Gave up 4 ER yesterday but did K 10 with 0 walks.

Change in pitch useage.

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/aaron-sanchezs-arrow-continues-to-point-up-with-encouraging-start-213217182.html

Costs nothing right now but a couple of more good starts or trade to a contender increases the cost dramatically.

All good stuff here but his innings have been limited and really hurts his QS value.

Just now, Trilogy25 said:

Traded to HOU

Curious why they bothered.  They already have at least 5 pitchers that are superior to Sanchez, unless they can work their magic on him too.  At least for this season, hopefully they keep him in the bullpen and then see if they can fix him for next season.  Urquidy deserves to be the 5th starter a lot more than him.

Posted (edited)

Going to the Astros.  Could be long relief, but he could stick in that #5 spot hypothetically.  His numbers have been bad this year but going to the Astros does make things interesting. 

EDIT: beat me to it

Edited by Baur10

Yes he can excel in long relief and make a spot start if needed but e then getting Greinke not likely

Just now, Wallscrapers said:

Yes he can excel in long relief and make a spot start if needed but e then getting Greinke not likely

Their rotation now is Verlander, Cole, Greinke, Miley, and the 5th spot should be Urquidy's until he gives them a reason to change their mind.  At least until Peacock comes back. Then they have a decision, but if Urquidy is pitching good still, then there's really no reason to take him out of the rotation.

What should happen is Sanchez pitches in long relief and becomes another project for their pitching coaching staff.  I don't have a problem with the trade if that is what ends up happening for this season.

Astros' Aaron Sanchez: Sent to Houston

31 mins ago | by RotoWire Staff

Sanchez was traded from the Blue Jays to the Astros along with Joe Biagini in exchange for an undisclosed return, Joel Sherman of the New York Post reports.

The Astros have no holes in their rotation, so Sanchez is expected to convert to a relief role. He certainly seems to be in need of some sort of change, as he's struggled to a 6.07 ERA through 23 starts, striking out just 18.9 percent of opposing batters while walking 11.3 percent. The Astros have a well-earned reputation as one of the smarter teams in baseball, though, so there's a chance they're able to help him recapture some of the promise he showed at the start of his career.