Sign in to follow this  
Wytchclt55

Clint Frazier 2019 Outlook

Not in love with the skills to be honest, more of an average player. Hoping power would develop faster

No complaints though considering I paid nothing for him

Just now, henchforlife said:

Not in love with the skills to be honest, more of an average player. Hoping power would develop faster

No complaints though considering I paid nothing for him

Yeah I feel the same. His speed is diminishing with age, soon will be 4-5 a year. Power is not big, if he ever hit 30 before the age of 30 it would shock me

Batting eye never been great, always will be a 250-260 hitter

But like you said price is right roll with the red head bomber

What do you guys think Frazier or franmil Reyes? I have franmil on my team but Frazier is killing it. Was thinking of dropping Reyes for Frazier

1 hour ago, Kramjam24 said:

What do you guys think Frazier or franmil Reyes? I have franmil on my team but Frazier is killing it. Was thinking of dropping Reyes for Frazier

Both

no power /quad a Frazier with another homerun.

thats 6 in 60 at bats this year

he aint going no where

• Like 1

Lol at some of these comments about Frazier. He’s tearing it apart, has 6 HRs already, and people complaining about power. What??

• Like 4

I am all for holding onto these guys who are having unexpected hot starts.. But Frazier is the one I am looking to sell. ONLY because there is no guarantee when (if?) the Yankees get healthy.   I have been trying to package him+ for Eddie Rosario.

On the other hand, I sold early on Gleyber last year and it burnt bad.

Must own at this point. Not sure why the hate for a formerly excellent prospect who's playing in a great ballpark in a great lineup.

The guy is 24 years old, acting like the jury is already out on his power is very very premature.

• Like 7

5 minutes ago, Acre said:

Must own at this point. Not sure why the hate for a formerly excellent prospect who's playing in a great ballpark in a great lineup.

The guy is 24 years old, acting like the jury is already out on his power is very very premature.

I agree with your overall point, but it isn't a great lineup now. And when they all get healthy it will be a great lineup but if he slows down his playing time could vanish in a hurry.

Wish I had shares of Frazier! The guy is a beast, and about to get plentyyyyyy of p/t.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, jfazz23 said:

no power /quad a Frazier with another homerun.

thats 6 in 60 at bats this year

he aint going no where

Kevin Mench was better than that and he went somewhere 

Why are people complaining about power? Are you guys expecting a home every at bat? He's hitting one at about every 10 at bats right now? When that goes down to about 20-30 at bats what are you guys gonna complain about then? Jeez!\

This kid looks like a beast. Glad I have him on most teams!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, CraftyRighty said:

Kevin Mench was better than that and he went somewhere 

giphy.gif

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Kramjam24 said:

It shouldn't even be a question.  Frazier, Frazier, and Frazier again, just like I said in Franmil's thread.  Doesn't matter if Franmil actually gets it going like the experts think he will, Frazier is already doing good. You don't pass up near guaranteed production for a what if.  You already missed a HR because of that, and possibly yesterday's HR too if you had time to make the move then.

Don't mean to be harsh or anything, but again, you shouldn't have been hesitating when there's a good player out there.  I wish I had the opportunity to pick up Frazier.

Edited by KilloWertz
  • Like 2

Posted (edited)

Some of the more clueless posters in here ehhh? Frazier is a difference maker. Bat speed off the charts. Easy 30+HR power and he’ll mix in some steals with a good not great average 

Edited by BxBOMBERs28
  • Like 2

24 years old. 6 HR and 17 RBI in 17 games.  4A player confirmed.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Not entirely sure I get the lack of power comments. Sure, he's not Aaron Judge or Joey Gallo. But he has potential. His raw totals in the minors were never great, but he's always been a bit young for his level and he did have an isolated power of .263 last year in AAA (in an injury marred year).  It was .216 the prior year. Those are good numbers

3 hours ago, AnonymousRob said:

I agree with your overall point, but it isn't a great lineup now. And when they all get healthy it will be a great lineup but if he slows down his playing time could vanish in a hurry.

I wouldn't worry about playing time, it's going to be a long time before/if the Yankees can get healthy.  Even at full strength it's likely Gardner that loses playing time not Frazier.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Had him on my radar for a bit and finally decided to pick him up yesterday before the game. Boy am I glad I did.

Edited by tooalive
  • Like 1

I'll never understand why people hate on guys like Frazier but will jump all over Michael Chavis (this is coming from a Red Sox fan). It usually take a year or two before these younger guys start  to click. Very few players come out of the gate and rake and the ones that do are generally the elite types. I don't even consider this a post hype situation as much as normal development for a talented young player who might be starting to figure it out.

• Like 1

Just to set the record straight

Only one person who hates the NYY called Frazier a bum... 

Now we have everybody running here writing “I told you.” “The quad A player stats are ....” 

Frazier has been remarkable enjoy the fun because damnIT you should know it ain’t going to last. 

1 hour ago, shakestreet said:

Just to set the record straight

Only one person who hates the NYY called Frazier a bum... 

Now we have everybody running here writing “I told you.” “The quad A player stats are ....” 

Frazier has been remarkable enjoy the fun because damnIT you should know it ain’t going to last. 

Did you say the same thing about Judge?

TUE, APR 23, 12:48 AMROTOWIRE.COM

Frazier said after Monday's 4-3 win over the Angels in 14 innings that he sprained his left ankle during the contest, but he believes it's only a minor issue and nothing that will prevent him from playing Tuesday, Bryan Hoch of MLB.com reports.

Spin: Frazier hurt the ankle while running the bases in the Yankees' marathon victory, but he was able to stay in the game and score the go-ahead run. While the Yankees would probably prefer to hold Frazier out if he's not 100 percent Tuesday, the team's ever-growing injured list makes it likely that the outfielder will get the green light to play if his sore ankle isn't too much of a hindrance during pregame workouts. Frazier's availability will likely be confirmed when the Yankees release their lineup in the hours leading up to Tuesday's 10:07 p.m. EDT opening pitch.

Minor ankle tweak from running, but never left the game.  Always said he was a Quad-A baserunner in his less than half a season of regular at-bats

• Haha 1