Sign in to follow this  
Wytchclt55

Clint Frazier 2019 Outlook

1 hour ago, Dirty Little Birdie said:

As a Yankee fan, I say hell no. Stroman isnt solving any of our issues. 

Stroman is having a solid year and is used to pitching in the AL East. I don’t think Clint has as much value around the league as Yankee fans seem to think.

Pretty sure he's getting traded soon. Why else would they bring in EE when they know Judge and Stanton are coming back this week? It isn't like Frazier wasn't performing either. I'm not a Yankee fan and I think Frazier is going to be a star hitter. Everything the scouts said about his bat speed is true. Plus he seems like the type of player that goes all out every time out. Something seems off here, maybe he rubbed Cashman the wrong way or something. Idk..

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Fantasy Baseball Geek said:

Pretty sure he's getting traded soon. Why else would they bring in EE when they know Judge and Stanton are coming back this week? It isn't like Frazier wasn't performing either. I'm not a Yankee fan and I think Frazier is going to be a star hitter. Everything the scouts said about his bat speed is true. Plus he seems like the type of player that goes all out every time out. Something seems off here, maybe he rubbed Cashman the wrong way or something. Idk..

He is getting traded for a pitcher the only question is who

1 hour ago, Cmilne23 said:

Would be a good move for SF, but not ideal landing spot for Clint fantasy wise.  Tough park and awful lineup.  But pretty good environment, not as ruthless of folks in the Bay Area.

For sure.  I was looking at it more from a real life perspective.  Obviously fantasy it is awful lol.

15 hours ago, Kramjam24 said:

He is getting traded for a pitcher the only question is who

Well I hear Edwin Jackson gets moved around a lot.    😎

But really most teams including rebuilding teams want pitchers or, in the case of the rebuilders, pitching prospects.  The market isn't that good for an outfielder and Hunter Renfroe is on the trading block too.  Every time people say a team will move someone for pitching I always think to where.  Position players keep trying to get moved but most of them never do.  At least not for some major pitcher.

Sale for Frazier it is, then.

• Haha 2

20 minutes ago, BMcP said:

Sale for Frazier it is, then.

“Not good enough”

— Yankees fans, probably

• Haha 4

11 minutes ago, smeeze said:

“Not good enough”

— Yankees fans, probably

Yes, I agree

Posted (edited)

fraziers bad defense probably hurt his trade value a little

maybe matthew boyd with tigers?

Edited by jfazz23
  • Like 1

He certainly has some growing up to do though. Apparently he deleted anything Yankee related from his Instagram account and that includes unfollowing his teammates, except for Tyler Wade. Very childish. 

• Confused 1

31 minutes ago, Fantasy Baseball Geek said:

He certainly has some growing up to do though. Apparently he deleted anything Yankee related from his Instagram account and that includes unfollowing his teammates, except for Tyler Wade. Very childish. 

wow. nice knowing ya, clint. cant imagine he stays with the team at this point. 

33 minutes ago, Fantasy Baseball Geek said:

He is also very unpopular in the club house so he wont be missed 

• Confused 1

Tigers have arms they are looking to trade and are in dire need of good young bats.  Seems like a match. 

Problem is, Frazier's defense is basically un-playable in Comerica's outfield...

25 minutes ago, JJ1223 said:

Tigers have arms they are looking to trade and are in dire need of good young bats.  Seems like a match. 

Problem is, Frazier's defense is basically un-playable in Comerica's outfield...

If they are playing Nicky C out there, they will have no problem with Frazier.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Fantasy Baseball Geek said:

you got a link for this?  thats bad and silly

Maybe if his defense wasn’t so horrendous the Yankees would actually see him as an asset. But right now, they just see him as an a**.

• Haha 1

On 6/18/2019 at 2:51 PM, JJ1223 said:

I like this scenario a lot. 

Detroit for Boyd

Cleveland for Bauer

San Francisco for MadBum

All are ideal.

On 6/18/2019 at 2:07 PM, StevieStats said:

I think the more childish thing is reading into or caring about who or what a player "follows" on their personal social media account, as if it means anything.

Good for him. He's 24 years old... 24... He spent 7 years busting his a** in the minors, came up, played great, got demoted. They totally screwed him.

He should be pissed. He should be mad AT the organization. Zero reason he should be in the minors, it's a joke.

I'd be more concerned about his desire to play if he wasn't furious at the org for doing him dirty like this.

This is just another example, IMO, as to why minor league service needs to be counted towards reaching free agency... 7 years in the minors, 24 years old, plays great -- sent down, pathetic.

Reading into this isn't childish at all. It's been said on WFAN over the past few weeks that he's had locker room issues. Since he and most of the other young players in the league actually use their social media accounts fairly regularly, maybe someone should ask him what his teammates did to him that caused him to get so upset that he went ahead and scrubbed them from his account. I've stated in this thread how much I like this kid but if this has been his attitude then that's probably why he was demoted. Clearly the Yanks have a problem with him, they still have Tauchman and Maybin on the roster and Frazier is clearly a better talent than those two, no? Your post here makes it seem as if the Yankees are some sort of 2nd rate organization, they've never come across that way before so could it be a problem with the attitude of the player in this case? 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Fantasy Baseball Geek said:

Reading into this isn't childish at all. It's been said on WFAN over the past few weeks that he's had locker room issues. Since he and most of the other young players in the league actually use their social media accounts fairly regularly, maybe someone should ask him what his teammates did to him that caused him to get so upset that he went ahead and scrubbed them from his account. I've stated in this thread how much I like this kid but if this has been his attitude then that's probably why he was demoted. Clearly the Yanks have a problem with him, they still have Tauchman and Maybin on the roster and Frazier is clearly a better talent than those two, no? Your post here makes it seem as if the Yankees are some sort of 2nd rate organization, they've never come across that way before so could it be a problem with the attitude of the player in this case? 

I didn't say the Yankees are any sort of 2nd rate org at all, not sure how you even get there... I'm talking about this specific situation and him getting screwed.

"maybe someone should ask him what his teammates did to him that caused him to get so upset that he went ahead and scrubbed them from his account"

Are we being serious here? We are going to ask players why the unfollow different things on their social media accounts? Good lord.

He unfollowed an org from his personal account, probably mad they screwed him who cares its meaningless.

And if the Yankees ARE demoting him for unfollowing them on instagram despite his 800+ OPS they would be a 2nd rate org 😂 ... But they arent... they just are making a poor decision IMO. Probably overvaluing getting him consistent playing time vs AAA bums while keeping his service time down. Kid belongs in the majors, zero left to prove in the minors after how hes played in MLB after 7 years on the farm.

Edited by StevieStats

On 6/18/2019 at 6:37 AM, Donniebaseball23 said:

Frazier and German for Bauer

throw in Deivi or Gil instead and we got a deal.

On 6/19/2019 at 10:21 PM, 20Duval904 said:

I like this scenario a lot. 

Detroit for Boyd

Cleveland for Bauer

San Francisco for MadBum

All are ideal.

wouldnt touch madbum