Stonej14

Lamar Jackson 2019 Outlook

On 10/8/2019 at 10:10 AM, tschwicht said:

I don't think it's people being too hard on him as much as it is people in this thread acting like Lamar is all of the sudden going to be QB1. He had a good start against horrible defenses (and yes as a Chiefs fan I include them unlike others here), and he's going to regress. He's not a bad fantasy play. I'd probably start him every week. But he's a top 10 guy, not a top 3-5 guy for a lot of people and those on the bandwagon here will argue it to the death. Such is rotoworld 🤣

Lol. He's #1 QB in total points through 5 weeks. Why should I believe he isn't at least a top 3-5 guy?

Because you say he'll regress? 

Unless you can show me your crystal ball I'm going to go with what I see on the field. Which is a guy who runs the ball better than any QB in the league by far. 

He's been doing that since last season. He averages 72 yards rushing and 200 yards passing in his 12 starts. Were all 12 of those easy defenses? 

He isn't going to "regress". If anything he will continue to improve as a passer. I'm not saying he'll put up 30+ every week. But he will finish top 3 QB because of his rushing prowess. 

• Like 3

Where all u Lamar Haters and Trolls at??? Ohh probably sending trade offers as we speak to acquire him...Lmao!!  

Edited by Tomei7
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

5 of his games have been against bottom half defenses. Steelers were the only tough D they've faced, and while he put up rushing numbers, he was atrocious throwing the ball. 

He has a bye, New England, San Francisco and Buffalo ahead, and only 3 games against bottom half Ds.

Is it time to sell high? Or do we think he can keep it up?

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, suburbanguk said:

5 of his games have been against bottom half defenses. Steelers were the only tough D they've faced, and while he put up rushing numbers, he was atrocious throwing the ball. 

He has a bye, New England, San Francisco and Buffalo ahead, and only 3 games against bottom half Ds.

Sell now.

• Haha 3

29 minutes ago, suburbanguk said:

Schedule doesn't look too bad.  Patriots game is at home for primetime.  I think he will be fine for that game.  Only game I worry about is SF and you can easily fill in a streamer that week.  

Patriots
@Bengals
Texans
@Rams
49ers
@Bills
Jets
@Browns
Steelers

• Like 1

Who do you sell him for? Unless you're in a 2QB league, finding a startable QB isn't too hard. Jackson provides huge upside with his running ability. Yeah, schedule doesn't look great from here, but unless you can get a solid RB2 or WR2 you can actually start, I don't see a point in taking the risk if he keeps it up all season. 

Regarding the Patriots game, people might be inclined to say that Lamar Jackson will be trapped in a room with the Patriots Defense. But I prefer to view it as the Pats Defense (haven't played anyone) being trapped in a room with Lamar Jackson. You can say that the Pats will do their "take away the other teams best weapon" with LJ, but it just doesn't work with a run-capable QB - the Pats need to pick their poison. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, n00chness said:

Regarding the Patriots game, people might be inclined to say that Lamar Jackson will be trapped in a room with the Patriots Defense. But I prefer to view it as the Pats Defense (haven't played anyone) being trapped in a room with Lamar Jackson. You can say that the Pats will do their "take away the other teams best weapon" with LJ, but it just doesn't work with a run-capable QB - the Pats need to pick their poison. 

If you have him, you play him. The only decision I would have one slight thought over w/ out seeing this week, is Wilson @ATL.. they’ve been turrible.

Stop tempting fate with all this overthinking. Set. Forget. Come back for the circle jerk each mon/tues.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Proteus said:

Stop tempting fate with all this overthinking. Set. Forget. Come back for the circle jerk each mon/tues.

Im here early, I Iike to get the best seat.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 10/15/2019 at 10:52 AM, suburbanguk said:

Gimme a break. He has legit overall QB1 potential. On pace to match Vick rushing record. Good luck selling

On 10/15/2019 at 12:23 PM, seadog54 said:

Schedule doesn't look too bad.  Patriots game is at home for primetime.  I think he will be fine for that game.  Only game I worry about is SF and you can easily fill in a streamer that week.  

Patriots
@Bengals
Texans
@Rams
49ers
@Bills
Jets
@Browns
Steelers 

@Bills is no joke

His schedule moving forward is much tougher than it has been. He's not good at throwing the ball, but as long as he can keep up his rushing numbers, he's still a good start. 

Yeah its hard to look at matchups for him. Hes like nothing the league has ever seen before. Carroll said they worked all week on trying to stop him from running and look what he did. Im gonna miss him this week.

7 minutes ago, atdharris said:

His schedule moving forward is much tougher than it has been. He's not good at throwing the ball, but as long as he can keep up his rushing numbers, he's still a good start. 

Missing Brown has hurt a lot. I didn't see the game, but sounds like Andrews dropped a couple easy passes yesterday too. He is by no means a great passer, but he is much better than he was last year. Steal of this years fantasy draft.

5 minutes ago, Onion said:

Missing Brown has hurt a lot. I didn't see the game, but sounds like Andrews dropped a couple easy passes yesterday too. He is by no means a great passer, but he is much better than he was last year. Steal of this years fantasy draft.

I've been playing him over Aaron Rodgers all year, so I'd say yes, he was a steal. I didn't see the game either, but from what I was following, it seemed like after the first drive, he really had issues completing passes. It doesn't matter if he's running for 100+ yards a game, but you have to assume he won't do that forever, especially against the Pats. 

I saw a good amount of the game yesterday, and I thought he looked really good throwing the ball. There were a few drops by WRs/Andrews, but overall he was pretty accurate.

The Seahawks might not have a great defense anymore, but Seattle is still a tough place to play. Overall I was encouraged by the way he looked in a legit matchup.  

Getting Brown back after the bye should help stretch the field as well, which should open up the easier underneath throws, as well as the running lanes.  The tougher matchups don’t have me too concerned.

• Like 1

I think the weather and Andrews dropping passes didn't help his numbers either, I honestly did not expect 20+ points from him when I saw the schedule.

5 minutes ago, Windmill said:

I think the weather and Andrews dropping passes didn't help his numbers either, I honestly did not expect 20+ points from him when I saw the schedule.

I did not either. I was kicking myself for sitting Aaron Rodgers for Lamar, but was happy he gave me 23 points in the end. 

Watched the game. You can't just look at box scores. His receivers, in particular Andrews, failed him. He could literally do anything he wanted out there and was gliding.  He should have had a bigger day but, combined with how the defense performed,  there was no need to press. He made good decisions with the ball and with a guy of his skillset,  you really just want to see him avoid negative plays. He could not be sacked and didnt force anything.  With more resistance he would have put up even better stats. I was pleased. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, GarrettHasTheClap said:

Watched the game. You can't just look at box scores. His receivers, in particular Andrews, failed him. He could literally do anything he wanted out there and was gliding.  He should have had a bigger day but, combined with how the defense performed,  there was no need to press. He made good decisions with the ball and with a guy of his skillset,  you really just want to see him avoid negative plays. He could not be sacked and didnt force anything.  With more resistance he would have put up even better stats. I was pleased. 

I agree, one of his sacks was mainly due to the fact that he slipped, I bet if it wasn't wet and slippery he would have possibly have an even bigger running game.

I would love it if the Ravens would trade for a WR by the dead line.... Emanuel Sanders would be a boost, Sanu is available. Diggs or Green would be awesome but wishful thinking.