Stonej14

Lamar Jackson 2019 Outlook

13 minutes ago, GarrettHasTheClap said:

Watched the game. You can't just look at box scores. His receivers, in particular Andrews, failed him. He could literally do anything he wanted out there and was gliding.  He should have had a bigger day but, combined with how the defense performed,  there was no need to press. He made good decisions with the ball and with a guy of his skillset,  you really just want to see him avoid negative plays. He could not be sacked and didnt force anything.  With more resistance he would have put up even better stats. I was pleased. 

100% Agree. Andrews dropped a TD along with 2 other balls that would have been first downs. Snead dropped a possible third and long coversion as well.

His running ability is unlike I have ever seen. I've seen QBs that are fast before, but Lamar has so much more wiggle than any QB ive ever seen. He makes defenders look so dumb in tight spaces with a little shift of the hips or a feint left. For fantasy purposes, he's got an amazingly high floor because of those massive chunk plays he can rattle off. 

And for those worried about him getting injured, if you watch his runs, he rarely takes on hits despite rarely ever sliding (not sure if he's slid once this year). He's great at diving before the defenders come to him, getting OB, or deflecting off of hits. It's hard to describe but it looks to me like he's just acutely aware of his surroundings and doesn't take big hits

55 minutes ago, to_be_quite_frank said:

He's slid once this year). He's great at diving before the defenders come to him, getting OB, or deflecting off of hits. It's hard to describe but it looks to me like he's just acutely aware of his surroundings and doesn't take big hits

He'll misjudge one at some point and get absolutely leveled, but he seems to be like Kamara and made out of rubber or something.
He's so fun to watch man.
I bet if you're playing against him it's absolutely horrible though.

24 minutes ago, greatestmetfan said:

Don't hate on me too much... but I think they should sign Antonio Brown.

Thats the influence I'm sure Harbaugh want's on Hollywood.

24 minutes ago, greatestmetfan said:

Don't hate on me too much... but I think they should sign Antonio Brown.

I’m 100% down. Action Jackson to the brown family for the ship! Lets goooooo

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, CitizenJ said:

Thats the influence I'm sure Harbaugh want's on Hollywood.

I mean they're cousins so he's already influencing him.

Everyone jumping on the Lamar bandwagon now when the people who drafted him were being laughed at at the beginning of the season.  WELL WHO IS LAUGHING NOW.  QB1 ON THE SEASON BABY LETS GOOOOOOO.

I was hoping they would sign a solid veteran WR to help him, they probably have the worst set of WRs in the league, Brown is good but a rook. Sanders would have been a nice addition but a 3rd and 4th is pretty steep. Let’s hope they add something 

It will be interesting to see him go against that New England defense next week. I am going to start him obviously but can't wait to see the match up.

Just popped in here to see what people are thinking with NE up next.  Starting him?

Obviously, it would take a pretty good option for people to consider benching him.  Personally, I feel like a have one of the few reasonable backup options to consider as I have Stafford going against the Raiders.  I'm betting a few Lamar owners out there have Stafford since Stafford's bye worked so well with Lamar so others might be facing the same decision.

I just have to think Belichick will come in with a strong gameplan against Lamar.  Probably will be a lot of blitzing forcing Lamar to throw the ball quickly and challenging him to throw downfield.  Also have to think they work hard to take away his running which is his biggest weapon.  

It is in Baltimore though....And the Ravens are coming off a bye so should be well rested and prepared.  Any I think the Browns started to expose a little bit of a blueprint as to how to beat that NE defense....Just pound it down their throats.  And the Ravens can do that.

Just going to be wrestling with this one all week.  That Patriots defense has been no joke and tough to see Lamar having a huge game against them.

This will be NE toughest test yet. I can see Lamar posting 100+ rush yards and 2 TDs (rushing). Sunday night primetime game, atmosphere in Baltimore will be electric. Hoping Brown is healthy and ready to go, need him to stretch the field.

Have Josh Allen on standby vs Washington.  He is a safe yet boring option.

Need all the points I can get so might go for Lamar's upside, even in a tough match-up.

47 minutes ago, tts42572 said:

Just popped in here to see what people are thinking with NE up next.  Starting him?

Obviously, it would take a pretty good option for people to consider benching him.  Personally, I feel like a have one of the few reasonable backup options to consider as I have Stafford going against the Raiders.  I'm betting a few Lamar owners out there have Stafford since Stafford's bye worked so well with Lamar so others might be facing the same decision.

I just have to think Belichick will come in with a strong gameplan against Lamar.  Probably will be a lot of blitzing forcing Lamar to throw the ball quickly and challenging him to throw downfield.  Also have to think they work hard to take away his running which is his biggest weapon.  

It is in Baltimore though....And the Ravens are coming off a bye so should be well rested and prepared.  Any I think the Browns started to expose a little bit of a blueprint as to how to beat that NE defense....Just pound it down their throats.  And the Ravens can do that.

Just going to be wrestling with this one all week.  That Patriots defense has been no joke and tough to see Lamar having a huge game against them.

The problem with blitzing on Lamar is he can just spin out of the pocket and more than likely pick up 5-6 yards, if not break out for a bigger gain.  I'm no DC but I'm not sure what the best strategy is to defend Lamar, seems he can get his either way.  What did Pittsburgh do to limit him? That was his only bad fantasy game on the season so far.

52 minutes ago, tts42572 said:

I also have Stafford and right now he's starting over Lamar.

Bill B. has a ridiculous record against young QBs. He's going to confuse the hell out of him. Mistakes will be made.

In the end, it will not surprise me if Stafford and Jackson end up with the same score. I just feel that there is less risk in Stafford reaching that score, but also having a higher floor and probably a higher ceiling against that Oakland secondary.

47 minutes ago, ludawg23 said:

Have Josh Allen on standby vs Washington.  He is a safe yet boring option.

Need all the points I can get so might go for Lamar's upside, even in a tough match-up.

How many times has a "safe" option not worked out? See Kirk Cousins vs Washington last week.

Would you bench Mahomes last year? LJax doesn't have that arm but is in the same "league winner" category of QB.

Start your studs. Unless you have another top-5 option, Lamar is in for me. Especially a unique player like this who's floor is extremely high. Even if he has a bad game, he will get you points rushing with 1-2 total TDs... in a BAD game.

Last and least important of all...
Plus, don't you want to watch the game with Lamar in your lineup?

Edited by austin316

Benching him over Stafford in one league and starting him in 1 league... Hoping 20 pt game this week by Jackson. 

BB will stop his running game and make him throw from the pocket. 

Easily the toughest test yet for both NE D and Jackson. Schedules have been ridiculously so far.  Could easily see a multiple interception game, question is whether he can make it up elsewhere.  Still, you have to start the best QB in fantasy. 

• Like 1

I’m starting him but definitely not with confidence.  He could easily have his worst game of his career against New England.  

Tempted to bench him for Josh Allen...but no. He's been too consistent to bench against anyone. 

Everyone I've spoken to agrees that Jackson is going to have to throw, and throw well, in this game. 

If BB D's do anything, it's take away the oppositions biggest weapon, which is clearly the running game and scrambling ability of Jackson in this instance.

If you don't trust him as a passer, he's a tough start.

I don't trust him as a passer, but I'm starting him anyway because why the f--- not eh?

Granted, the Patriots haven't played exactly a schedule of HOF QB's so far this year so I take this with a little grain of salt....In fact, they've probably played about the worst group of QB's over this 8 game stretch in NFL history as far as I'm concerned....But the numbers are still staggering....

But they've allowed 34 fantasy points on the SEASON to QB's.  They've allowed 2 TD passes with 19 INT's.  The highest fantasy points they've allowed in a game to QB's is 12 are are averaging 4.25 ppg to opposing QB's.

And QB's haven't been putting up big rush numbers either.  14 rushes for 78 yards and 1 TD on the season for opposing QB's.  

And Lamar hasn't thrown a TD pass in his last 2 games.  And only has 1 passing TD against 3 INT's in his last 3.

That's just not pretty numbers.  You're almost banking on Lamar's legs if you start him because odds sure don't favor him doing much with his arm in this matchup.  And have to think Belichick will work hard to take away his legs and make him become a thrower.  

On the flip side as Stafford has been mentioned....The Raiders are allowing 28fppg to QB's with 19 TD's and 3 INT's on the season.  It's the complete opposite side of the spectrum.

It's just really hard seeing a high ceiling for Jackson this week.  

Starting Jackson.  Lamar is mobile and outside of Jamie Collins, the linebackers dont have the speed to keep up with him. I could see Collins shadowing him, basically a qb spy situation and the Patriots disguising coverages to confuse him.  I actually like the matchup for him. Over the years I have seen mobile qbs have success against the Patriots (Cam, Russ,  Deshaun).  Obviously this is a different version of their defense but I like his odds.

• Like 1

I think I'll finally bench him for Rodgers this week. I just can't trust him against the NE defense, especially given Lamar still likes to chuck it into coverage. 

9 minutes ago, tts42572 said:

Granted, the Patriots haven't played exactly a schedule of HOF QB's so far this year so I take this with a little grain of salt....In fact, they've probably played about the worst group of QB's over this 8 game stretch in NFL history as far as I'm concerned....But the numbers are still staggering....

But they've allowed 34 fantasy points on the SEASON to QB's.  They've allowed 2 TD passes with 19 INT's.  The highest fantasy points they've allowed in a game to QB's is 12 are are averaging 4.25 ppg to opposing QB's.

And QB's haven't been putting up big rush numbers either.  14 rushes for 78 yards and 1 TD on the season for opposing QB's.  

And Lamar hasn't thrown a TD pass in his last 2 games.  And only has 1 passing TD against 3 INT's in his last 3.

That's just not pretty numbers.  You're almost banking on Lamar's legs if you start him because odds sure don't favor him doing much with his arm in this matchup.  And have to think Belichick will work hard to take away his legs and make him become a thrower.  

On the flip side as Stafford has been mentioned....The Raiders are allowing 28fppg to QB's with 19 TD's and 3 INT's on the season.  It's the complete opposite side of the spectrum.

It's just really hard seeing a high ceiling for Jackson this week.  

You gotta throw out the qb running stats in this regard. No one has had comparable abilities to him, not even Allen. I also think he is a better decision maker than Allen. Those 3 ints were in one game if I'm not mistaken. Harbaugh and Martindale are very good at adapting winning game plans so let's not sleep on the Ravens prep either. They have had two weeks to prep.

• Like 1

Just now, atdharris said:

I think I'll finally bench him for Rodgers this week. I just can't trust him against the NE defense, especially given Lamar still likes to chuck it into coverage. 

I mean if that's your back up option I cant blame you😂