Stonej14

Lamar Jackson 2019 Outlook

3 minutes ago, WayneFontes said:

Jackson is another overrated third running back that is the mirror of a Micheal Vick. We all know how that turned out. These guys are flashy but they are not Brady. They played the worst team Bengals in the NFL and are in the AFC Central which is the worst division in Football. Give it time and he will be another one that that will give a good show on Sunday but will never lead them to the SB.

That's not why we're here.

If I'm wearing a fantasy ring at the end of the year, I don't really care what the Ratbirds win.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, WayneFontes said:

Jackson is another overrated third running back that is the mirror of a Micheal Vick. We all know how that turned out. These guys are flashy but they are not Brady. They played the worst team Bengals in the NFL and are in the AFC Central which is the worst division in Football. Give it time and he will be another one that that will give a good show on Sunday but will never lead them to the SB.

LOL

• Like 3

1 hour ago, WayneFontes said:

Jackson is another overrated third running back that is the mirror of a Micheal Vick. We all know how that turned out.

These guys are flashy but they are not Brady.

They played the worst team Bengals in the NFL and are in the AFC Central which is the worst division in Football. Give it time and he will be another one that that will give a good show on Sunday but will never lead them to the SB.

Who cares, it's fantasy football. Fantasy championships are over months before the SB 😂

• Like 1

2 hours ago, WayneFontes said:

He might lead them to the SuperBowl this year. They just stomped the Patriots and Brady. Did you miss that game? 

We wouldn't even be talking about Brady if he played for any other franchise. He's a system quarterback in the perfect system.

Lamar and Mahomes are the present and the future. A quarterback who can run AND pass. A dual threat that will always be harder to defend. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

Health permitting, Lamar is not a flash-in-the-pan like Kapernick and RG3. For one thing, he is a lot bigger than them -- Vick too -- and hopefully can hold up. Harbaugh has put his ego aside (unlike his brother) and crafted his entire offense and team around Lamar's skillset. When's the last time we saw a team go all in for one guy like that?

His will-to-win and intangibles are something special. Toughness, humilty, has fun out there, cares for his teammates. When veterans like Earl Thomas say he is special and MVP-caliber, I listen to that over some keyboard jockey on a forum lol.

Bill Polian just came out and said he was wrong suggesting Lamar should have been a WR too.

PS- Brady is indeed a system QB. His first handful years in the league he was a game manager. I prefer Peyton, Favre, Rodgers to name a few over Brady. Blasphemy, i know.

• Like 3

Lamar is the kind of player the other players stop what theyre doing to stand up and watch what special plays hes going to make next. A la Brett Favre watching Barry Sanders.

Stud, plain and simple. With all the busts in the first 2 rounds, Lamar and Mahomes are easy first rounders next year IMO. The idea that QB is deep for fantasy is a sham, this position is overall garbage. Tired of flipping a coin hoping my first 2 picks live up to ADP, for the most part they don’t. 

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, austin316 said:

Health permitting, Lamar is not a flash-in-the-pan like Kapernick and RG3. For one thing, he is a lot bigger than them -- Vick too -- and hopefully can hold up. Harbaugh has put his ego aside (unlike his brother) and crafted his entire offense and team around Lamar's skillset. When's the last time we saw a team go all in for one guy like that?

Tim Tebow. Option offense 😂😂

36 minutes ago, phisouza33 said:

Stud, plain and simple. With all the busts in the first 2 rounds, Lamar and Mahomes are easy first rounders next year IMO. The idea that QB is deep for fantasy is a sham, this position is overall garbage. Tired of flipping a coin hoping my first 2 picks live up to ADP, for the most part they don’t. 

Here we go again... it’s the same discussion as the Mahomes thread end of season last year.  Mahomes was a 1st rounder in one of my leagues this year (6-pt passing TDs)... that guy’s team is struggling to make the playoffs right now.

If I don’t find a super value around the 5th or 6th (like DeShaun falling), my strategy the last couple years is to wait and take 2 high-upside guys late. Last year I took Luck (coming off the missed year), and Mahomes.  This year I took Lamar Jackson and Cam.  It just so happens I struck gold with 3 of 4, but it just proves that you don’t need to waste a 1st round pick to have a league-winning QB.

I won’t pick Lamar unless he falls to the 3rd round next year (maybe end of 2nd if no one I like is available).  That means I probably won’t get him.  But I guarantee picking Lamar in the 1st is gonna set you behind the curve with the rest of your team.

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, SkinsChargersFan said:

Here we go again... it’s the same discussion as the Mahomes thread end of season last year.  Mahomes was a 1st rounder in one of my leagues this year (6-pt passing TDs)... that guy’s team is struggling to make the playoffs right now.

If I don’t find a super value around the 5th or 6th (like DeShaun falling), my strategy the last couple years is to wait and take 2 high-upside guys late. Last year I took Luck (coming off the missed year), and Mahomes.  This year I took Lamar Jackson and Cam.  It just so happens I struck gold with 3 of 4, but it just proves that you don’t need to waste a 1st round pick to have a league-winning QB.

I won’t pick Lamar unless he falls to the 3rd round next year (maybe end of 2nd if no one I like is available).  That means I probably won’t get him.  But I guarantee picking Lamar in the 1st is gonna set you behind the curve with the rest of your team.

1 qb league I agree. superflex league I do not. finding decent qb play isn't hard in 1 qb league Russell, lamar, dak, cousins, Winston, Stafford, allen, brady were all picked around 90 or 100. the advantage to rolling out lamar and cousins vs jimmy g and mason Rudolph in super flex league is pretty substantial. even when you factor in the wr/rb diffenece in the teams

1 hour ago, austin316 said:

What I found interesting was that they picked up RG3 as his backup. Basically it means that they're all in on this offense, and if Lamar gets dinged up, they've got a guy with similar skill sets behind him and don't have to change their offense.

Why are they keeping Jackson in games for so long??? they were absolutely stomping the bengals 28-10 near end of third and they had Lamar in and well, he got a 47yd rushing TD but shouldnt he have been pulled by that point? I can understand keeping him in games with teams that could mount a comeback but cmon, bengals bro!? One bad snap and he could get injured for no reason. Jackson is a complete stud and hope he keeps performing but they should play a little smart imo

• Like 2

1 hour ago, WaiverLooter said:

Tim Tebow. Option offense 😂😂

Yeah Lamar is a wealthy man's Tim Tebow with staying power. If he keeps developing his pass game prowess, he is scary to NFL defenses.

Sidenote: I happily used Tebow in fantasy and he was like 15-20 point floor even though he svcked. ;) 

PS- By wealthy I mean generational wealth lol.

Edited by austin316
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, BeefDaddy said:

Why are they keeping Jackson in games for so long??? they were absolutely stomping the bengals 28-10 near end of third and they had Lamar in and well, he got a 47yd rushing TD but shouldnt he have been pulled by that point? I can understand keeping him in games with teams that could mount a comeback but cmon, bengals bro!? One bad snap and he could get injured for no reason. Jackson is a complete stud and hope he keeps performing but they should play a little smart imo

Because he is a professional football player and he is paid to play the game. The more game reps he gets the better he becomes as a starting QB because he is able to recognize coverage, make the right decisions and adjust accordingly with his offense. 

This NFL is not the NBA where they sit their starters to preserve them for an 80 game season. QB's need all of the touches they can get over 17 games. Game experience is critical when you are making a playoff run

Edited by dashoe
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, colepenhagen said:

1 qb league I agree. superflex league I do not. finding decent qb play isn't hard in 1 qb league Russell, lamar, dak, cousins, Winston, Stafford, allen, brady were all picked around 90 or 100. the advantage to rolling out lamar and cousins vs jimmy g and mason Rudolph in super flex league is pretty substantial. even when you factor in the wr/rb diffenece in the teams

Well yeah... 2 QB/Superflex leagues change all the valuations.  I’ve never played in one, but aren’t the top QBs regularly end of 1st/2nd round picks?

I was just responding to the OP who it seemed was saying he’d take Lamar in a regular 1QB league since he was safer than some of the top RBs/WRs.

11 hours ago, WayneFontes said:

wait...we're still doing this? really? that's hilarious.

also--"will never lead them to the SB" and "not Tom Brady" is a really REALLY high bar to set. I guess we've moved the goalposts from "can't throw the ball" so at least there's that. 

• Like 1

Wilson being shut down right now by the great SF defense and Jackson will come down to earth also against them. He will not be playing the Bengals every week.

2 hours ago, WayneFontes said:

Wilson being shut down right now by the great SF defense and Jackson will come down to earth also against them. He will not be playing the Bengals every week.

I know. He played the Pats and torched them. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

31 minutes ago, Deke said:

I know. He played the Pats and torched them. 

Jealousy is a strong emotion. 

10 hours ago, WayneFontes said:

FFPTS                                               GAMES                                             AVG

Lamar Jackson BAL 242.6 9 27.0

😝

21 hours ago, WayneFontes said:

Wilson's also not the running threat he used to be, he's an elite pass first, scrambling QB.  I watched the game last night, Russ looks so much slower than I remember from a couple years ago.  The 49er's don't make me as nervous as they used to - they lost Kwon Alexander, a real stud at linebacker, and teams have had some success running on them the last couple weeks and in week one after Kwon went out.  Seahawks have a pretty bad offensive line and still did OK on the ground against the Niners.   Obvioiusly Lamar won't have the same ceiling against the 49ers as against the Bengals, but he'll be fine.

Edited by rocket