Stonej14

Lamar Jackson 2019 Outlook

Kendrick Lamar Jackson is going to help win many of fantasy leagues this season for those of you who were brave / smart enough to wait on quarterbacks. Kudos to the brave souls who believed. 

• Like 4

On 8/30/2019 at 9:33 AM, pastorofmuppets2 said:

impressive stuff, kudos 👍

bur, i gotta ask ... are you Lamar's agent? his Momma? wait, are you actually Lamar himself??!?

tell ya what, sporto ... i am 1000% certain Allen outscores this cat this season ... PM me and we'll chuck a sizable wager down - money where the mouth is.  ball's in your court. 

as for the rest of you, i already wished you luck, and said i hope it works out for you and him.   simple enuff. 

see you all at the finish line. 

You should thank me for saving you money my dude...

• Like 1

What I love about LJ’s huge day is that he did  it all through the air. As someone mentioned above, this legitimizes the Ravens passing game which will really open things up for this offense. Hollywood now commands significant attention downfield, which will provide plenty of space for Ingram/LJ to run wild. Should be a very difficult offense to defend. 

While we obviously can’t expect 5 passing TDs every week, we can expect LJ to do significant damage on the ground most weeks. Thus, the high floor/high ceiling we all want from our QB. Couldn’t have asked for a better week 1 from LJ.

24 minutes ago, ludawg23 said:

You should thank me for saving you money my dude...

i said "see ya at the finish line", correct?

terrific start against the Pop Warner Dolphins, no question. 

plenty of foosball left to play ... again, i wish all of you the best of luck. 

itsaprotip - i cleaned up on RatBirds teased to -12 and Ingram o63.5 rushing yds, so ... i got in on this. 

well done all around. 

His form is still a little weird but throws a tight ball.  You can see that his patience and accuracy have certainly improved.  He was dropping some dimes this game.

Looking forward to see what he can do against better defense and you would think he will start to run more.

Edited by ludawg23
  • Like 1

If I am a Lamar Jackson owner, I am selling RIGHT NOW.

Assuming you have another capabale Top-10/12 QB on your squad, I am trading Jackson immediately.

This game came against MIA...By far the worst team in the league...The worst team the league has seen in a veryyyyy long time.

A team, who, in all likelihood, would lose by 20 points against WAS...who is arguably the 2nd worst team in the league.

If you've got another QB option whose Top-10 or 12, and someone is inquiring about Lamar, I would be selling the second that happens.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, CORTEz said:

Assuming you have another capabale Top-10/12 QB on your squad, I am trading Jackson immediately.

This game came against MIA...By far the worst team in the league...The worst team the league has seen in a veryyyyy long time.

A team, who, in all likelihood, would lose by 20 points against WAS...who is arguably the 2nd worst team in the league.

If you've got another QB option whose Top-10 or 12, and someone is inquiring about Lamar, I would be selling the second that happens.

you're no fun dude.  If you liked lamar heading into the season ride it out.  his schedule isn't that hard.  trade your other qb.  

22 minutes ago, CORTEz said:

Are you expecting 5tds every week?  Or its a bust? He was drafted in the late rounds.  What if he is for real and we do see Mahomes type of year. 

He is a steal, regardless.  Why not and keep him and see if he ends up with a monster year.  At this point he can be a league winner or just a good qb. 

Why not and take a chance.  You will not get Barkley or Kamara type of player for him anyway.  You would be trading a potential great for a sure average.

Edited by Zangief80
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Zangief80 said:

Are you expecting 5tds every week?  Or its a bust? He was drafted in the late rounds.  What if he is for real and we do see Mahomes type of year. 

He is a steal, regardless.  Why not and keep him and see if he ends up with a monster year.  At this point he can be a league winner or just a good qb. 

Why not and take a chance.  You will not get Barkley or Kamara type of player for him anyway.  You would be trading a potential great for a sure average.

Agree completely. At this point if you own you hold for at least one week. He’s gonna either blow up or have an average to above average fantasy game. Unless you truly don’t believe he has progressed from last year when he was top 10 per game😂 and that his OC hasn’t gameplanned to show his strengths for quite a while. And that his weapons haven’t gotten better. I’ll stop..

• Like 2

It’s almost impossible to trade quarterbacks lol.  Everybody already has a good one.  Rb’s and wr’s are way more valuable.  Nobody’s giving up a starter of any kind.  

26 minutes ago, CORTEz said:

so what are you selling him for? Anybody you try to sell him to is going to say the same thing--"it was against the Dolphins, he was only a 10th round pick, etc". Sure--if somebody offers you CMC or Kamara or whatever, of course do that trade. But they're not going to. You're going to get a bunch of middling to s---y offers with people making those same arguments. Given his floor, given the ceiling we just saw, given his schedule, and given you're probably going to get not-great offers for him, you might as well hold. 

9 hours ago, yossarian said:

so what are you selling him for? Anybody you try to sell him to is going to say the same thing--"it was against the Dolphins, he was only a 10th round pick, etc". Sure--if somebody offers you CMC or Kamara or whatever, of course do that trade. But they're not going to. You're going to get a bunch of middling to s---y offers with people making those same arguments. Given his floor, given the ceiling we just saw, given his schedule, and given you're probably going to get not-great offers for him, you might as well hold. 

...or sell your "other" QB. That's the play here. Sell the QB you drafted earlier and gamble on Lamar as your starter. Even if he stumbles, unless you have Mahomes or Watson you'll be able to find a somewhat comparable replacement on the waiver wire from week to week. QB is deep so you you either go for the elite (or the those who have the potential to be elite) or play the wire. And that elite list is a small one for me. Mahomes, Watson and potentially Jackson and Newton. 

• Like 1

On 8/31/2019 at 4:29 AM, ShopHeirlooms said:

I was just able to get him in a draft, and I’m excited man. I think him & Josh Allen are going to light the nfl on fire this year!

🔮🧘🏿‍♂️🔮

Kinda wish I drafted him instead of Wilson, but it looks like a damn fun ride is in store for LJ owners this year. 

Them rushing yards though.. damn

Edited by TheBoondocks

120 rush yards.  Dudes a running back that throws.  Obviously he’s played some poor teams but it would be pretty tough to bench Jackson against anyone at this point.  

58 minutes ago, lla887 said:

120 rush yards.  Dudes a running back that throws.  Obviously he’s played some poor teams but it would be pretty tough to bench Jackson against anyone at this point.  

I confidently drafted just him in my big league. Went in targeting him also. went all or nothing. 

So far it looks like a great decision.  Well see tho , cardinals n dolphins suck

I think the Ravens/Chiefs game next week is going to break all the fantasy app servers.

• Like 2

I keep wanting to call him this year's Mahomes but Mahomes keeps nipping at his heels

I’m in love.  So happy I went with my gut draft day and took him in the 9th over Cam Newton.  I hope he keeps this train going!

Edited by dlionsfan901

Dolphins, followed by Arizona.  Temper expectations right now.  These are 2 of the worst D's in the league.

Edited by kdko

Just now, kdko said:

Dolphins, followed by Arizona.  Temper expectations right now.  These are 2 of the worst D's in the league right now.

their upcoming schedule is 

Chiefs

Browns

Steelers

Bengals

Seahawks

They don't play a GOOD defense until November. Personally I think this guy is the real deal but even if he's not and he's just a product of playing bad defenses well--he's going to continue to be good for 5 more weeks. 

• Like 1

I got him in so many leagues, just one I got him stacked with Andrews and good rbs and decent wrs, the rest im still figuring my team out smh ..... Would be nice to have a stacked rb wr depth and having him at qb but I couldnt, but it's nice not facing him every week lol

Edit: pairing him with Josh Allen is nice too, that second half schedule for Allen is nice asf, once those matchups dip for Jackson it's Allen time

Edited by CABLE87

Think we got something special here.  Love the kid’s demeanor too! 

“One more thing Ravens love about Lamar Jackson. He was ticked off at himself after game for leaving too many points on field, not finishing drives. Then, sat down next to Mark Ingram In locker room to go over plays he felt team missed.”
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, kdko said:

Dolphins, followed by Arizona.  Temper expectations right now.  These are 2 of the worst D's in the league.

The whole bad D thing is getting so old.  This guy produced last year so these two games just shows that he has improved.  This guy will produce matter what D he plays.  He might not throw 5 TDs or run 120 yards every game.  But he’s going to be very consistent posting 200 passing yards + 20-50 rushing yards with 2-3 total TDs as his floor with a very high ceiling. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, seadog54 said:

The whole bad D thing is getting so old.  This guy produced last year so these two games just shows that he has improved.  This guy will produce matter what D he plays.  He might not throw 5 TDs or run 120 yards every game.  But he’s going to be very consistent posting 200 passing yards + 20-50 rushing yards with 2-3 total TDs as his floor with a very high ceiling. 

Yup. First they doubt, then they down play, and finally they dissapear. 

Right now we're in the down play phase. Some people don't want to believe Lamar is that good, because after all they weren't the ones who drafted him in the double digit rounds. 

Once he does it for the entire season they will disappear to go doubt another player and the cycle continues. 

• Like 3