Stonej14

Lamar Jackson 2019 Outlook

Big test next week at Arrowhead but should continue to put up big fantasy points.

He has really made some major strides as a passer.  Running game is still obviously there.

Boy he is fun to own. 

51 minutes ago, Starz12345 said:

Anyone concerned about rain and potential thunderstorms in this game?

Hmmm you’re right.  150 yards passing 2 TD’s and 310 yards rushing 1 TD.  

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Starz12345 said:

Anyone concerned about rain and potential thunderstorms in this game?

No.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ninjacookies said:

What’s the plan with the weather looking pretty bad for Sunday? 

I’ve seen people talk about benching him for Dak vs. the Dolphins, which is okay if those are your choices (although even there I’d lean Lamar given how both these teams are scoring points and the kind of game we’re expecting). But if your second option is Jameis Winston or someone like that? It’s crazy to bench the #1 fantasy QB over weather concerns.

On 4/26/2019 at 9:31 PM, dmb3684 said:

No I don't even think Lamar will be playing QB in a few years.

You were saying, @dmb3684 ?

24 minutes ago, joshua18 said:

You were saying, @dmb3684 ?

It is still way too early to be making those kind of snarky declarations.

6 minutes ago, devaster said:

It is still way too early to be making those kind of snarky declarations.

Not when a guy is the #1 QB in all of fantasy. 

3 minutes ago, joshua18 said:

Not when a guy is the #1 QB in all of fantasy. 

So was RG3.

2 minutes ago, joshua18 said:

Not in his second season. 

How many games has Lamar started? Kaepernick was also only very good during his first two seasons starting, which his 1st one only began towards the end. Tebow? Plenty of QB's have shined bright in fantasy and disappeared. Little too early to declare anything with Lamar. I'm withholding judgement until the end of this season.

• Thanks 1

Just now, devaster said:

How many games has Lamar started? Kaepernick was also only very good during his first two seasons starting, which his 1st one only began towards the end. Tebow? Plenty of QB's have shined bright in fantasy and disappeared. Little too early to declare anything with Lamar. I'm withholding judgement until the end of this season.

Good luck with that.  Jackson is the #1 QB right now and hasn't really started running a lot yet. 

1 minute ago, joshua18 said:

Good luck with that.  Jackson is the #1 QB right now and hasn't really started running a lot yet. 

Okay? Seems to be serving me well so far.

Hilarious that when literally the passing stats of Jackson and Mayfield were placed side by side for their first 6 games that people still acted like Mayfield is worlds better than Jackson. 

Jackson has only gotten better every season, and he is continuing to do so this year. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, joshua18 said:

Hilarious that when literally the passing stats of Jackson and Mayfield were placed side by side for their first 6 games that people still acted like Mayfield is worlds better than Jackson. 

Jackson has only gotten better every season, and he is continuing to do so this year. 

This is only his 2nd year in the league. Better every season? I agree with you though that the Browns hype train ran wild.

1 hour ago, joshua18 said:

Gotten better every season? Wtf are you talking about? This is only his second season overall. In other words it's his first season that he could even have have a chance to improve upon a prior season. And hes only started NINE career games.... so he hasn't actually even played a full season yet. Your statement doesn't make sense at all.

But great argument there!

• Haha 1

You all may want to check out who he has played this year. The 2 worst pass defenses in the league with 2 coaches that have no business coaching in the NFL. He's got more cup cake teams coming up but then it's NE. Lets see what Belicheck does to him when they play.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, cs3 said:

Gotten better every season? Wtf are you talking about? This is only his second season overall. In other words it's his first season that he could even have have a chance to improve upon a prior season. And hes only started NINE career games.... so he hasn't actually even played a full season yet. Your statement doesn't make sense at all.

But great argument there!

I think he may be referring to the previous seasons in which Lamar Jackson also played football. The NFL is not the only entity that practices organized football competition. We also have a fantastic opportunity to evaluate players and their progression or lack thereof during their time in collegiate football.