Sign in to follow this  
Fuzzy_Slippers

4/2 - GAME DAY THREAD

Just now, shakestreet said:

Bryce Harper signed with Philadelphia he plays for the Phillies theNationals fans can boo him. 

I don’t care why do you? 

Yea really...why do we care about the feelings of these mega millionaires. Boo him. Pay ME what he's getting you could do a lot worse. 

1 minute ago, ThreadKiller said:

“I don’t care, why do you?” Ah, such a great, thought out response (despite not even talking to you directly or asking for you to care). So should everyone run everything by you before having a thought of their own? You have to care in order for it to be a valid point, right?

I think Nats fans are dumb. Why do YOU care about me or anyone else having that opinion?

I think both things can be true.

1) Nats fans can and should boo a former player who left. It makes it fun imo

2) Nats management bungled Bryce (4 managers/hitting coaches in 6 years I think?) and then low-balled him with deferred money that looked like a good offer to uneducated fans, and intelligent WAS fans should be more mad at management than at Bryce.

• Like 1

Come on Hyun-Jin Ryu. I'm holding my breathe you don't get hurt. We need W's. 

Posted (edited)

You know how you silence boos? by crushing their spirit. Just like that 6-0 Phillies.

Over the radio broadcast all you can hear is Phillies fans chanting "We got Harper".

We're ruthless.

Edited by High&Inside
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Junkie Cosmonaut said:

Anyone make any tongue in cheek comments about the velocity of the pitches that hit Turner and Nimmo today? Those are always the best. 

Heard the bat absorbed a lot of the ball for Turner. Luckily his finger cushioned the blow. Would have been a huge loss for the bat, was just starting to turn it around.

5 minutes ago, High&Inside said:

Heard the bat absorbed a lot of the ball for Turner. Luckily his finger cushioned the blow. Would have been a huge loss for the bat, was just starting to turn it around.

Are you saying he's going to be back soon?

League has definitely adjusted to Juan Soto.  These at bats are hideous.  9 K’s in 15 bats already to 1 BB.  Had elite K:BB last year.  Supporting cast around dropping/sucks.  Could be a less than optimal situation here for Young Juan to navigate through.

• Sad 1

Posted (edited)

Looks like Sale is topping out at 91 on his fastball. Is this right? 

And there goes a HR to Chappy.

Edited by canaan_ko
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, canaan_ko said:

Looks like Sale is topping out at 88 on his fastball. Is this right? 

sox fans should be VERY afraid if thats the case

edit: and yes, im seeing 89 mph 4 seam  breaking ball looks good against Davis though

Edited by jfazz23

Sale consistently around 89-90. Is this still by design?

Owning 2 Blue Jays could send me to rehab.  This lineup is just absolutely putrid.  

• Like 1

Gonna be scary using starters against that Philly lineup. Thinking about benching Anibal Sanchez tomorrow.

Just now, Cmilne23 said:

Owning 2 Blue Jays could send me to rehab.  This lineup is just absolutely putrid.  

Tell me about it bruh. Having to watch this crap just a few years after the 2015 team is painful. Oh well Vladdy and Bo can't come soon enough!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Cmilne23 said:

I drafted 3 😥 at least Smoak has been alright but the rest are easy drops. Took Gurriel to fill in for Lindor and that 0/15 isn't quite cutting it

In other news, Peralta (KC) came in top of the 7th, loaded the bases and got out of it without giving up any runs, not too shabby

11 minutes ago, canaan_ko said:

Looks like Sale is topping out at 91 on his fastball. Is this right? 

And there goes a HR to Chappy.

wow that is crazy for a one year drop in velo

15 minutes ago, Cmilne23 said:

League has definitely adjusted to Juan Soto.  These at bats are hideous.  9 K’s in 15 bats already to 1 BB.  Had elite K:BB last year.  Supporting cast around dropping/sucks.  Could be a less than optimal situation here for Young Juan to navigate through.

This why I never pay up for sophomores ... even for as one so seemingly polished as Soto. League adjustment is an inevitability. 

• Thanks 1

LOL Chris Sale. He is more like Chris Fail.

i am so glad I traded this guy last week.

• Like 1

RIP fantasy baseball 2019. I'm joking - been playing fantasy for about a decade, but I can't remember pitchers getting wrecked this bad during the beginning of the season. Greinke just gave up a home run to Renfroe. RIP RIP RIP.