urban2014

James Washington 2019 Outlook

How we feeling about this guy compared to guys like Ross, Crowder, etc? I have him stashed but lost Hill so looking for someone who can be consistent. Was thinking about dropping for Crowder. Not sure what to do. 

Just now, GangGreen89 said:

How we feeling about this guy compared to guys like Ross, Crowder, etc? I have him stashed but lost Hill so looking for someone who can be consistent. Was thinking about dropping for Crowder. Not sure what to do. 

He’s someone I’ve Been keeping an eye on. He is in a great situation, i’m just not sure what he will do with the opportunity yet. 

He'll be a good player, but he won't be consistent. 

Despite not being especially fast he's a great deep ball threat. Chunk yardage player. Not reliable week to week and unlikely to be a ppr favourite. 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, oresteszero said:

If juju misses time, will Washington have at least FLEX value? 

If Juju misses, he's probably a WR2 (under the assumption that they don't throw at Moncrief 20 times). I mean, obviously it's looking like Juju will be fine, but yeah.

1 minute ago, miasma16 said:

If Juju misses, he's probably a WR2 (under the assumption that they don't throw at Moncrief 20 times). I mean, obviously it's looking like Juju will be fine, but yeah.

Moncrief isn’t that good though. 

6 minutes ago, oresteszero said:

Moncrief isn’t that good though. 

That didn't stop them Sunday night. I wouldn't expect them to do that again, but it is a concern for now. But yeah I'd think he's pretty comfortably a WR2 if Juju is out.

• Thanks 1

Sounds like moncrief nursing a finger injury... 👀👀

• Thanks 1

So now that Ben is out for the season, Washington's college QB is going to be to be throwing to him again...? And this thread is on the 8th page???

Did anyone see any of the preseason?

BUCKLE UP FOLKS!!!

• Like 1

def worth a flier in most leagues, although i doubt his consistency and will be looking to sell high if he blows up next week

they had a couple nice hookups in the exhibition stanzas this summer - intriguing cat as of this moment in Stillers history. 

I'm giving him 1 more week on my bench (14 teams). I think I'd be dropping him in 12 or less.

12 team competitive league.  Was going to drop him, but now with Mason at the helmet & Moncriefs butterfingers I gotta hang onto him at least 1 more week.  

• Like 1

20 hours ago, TommyKramer said:

12 team competitive league.  Was going to drop him, but now with Mason at the helmet & Moncriefs butterfingers I gotta hang onto him at least 1 more week.  

This seems like a good pick up right now. 

I think he could be the sneaky add of the week.  There's a good chance he will clear waivers if he's still on the wire and you can grab this guy for free.  He's played with Rudolph at Okie St. and was his favorite target.  Could be a safety blanket for the new QB starting his first game.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, UFGator said:

I think he could be the sneaky add of the week.  There's a good chance he will clear waivers if he's still on the wire and you can grab this guy for free.  He's played with Rudolph at Okie St. and was his favorite target.  Could be a safety blanket for the new QB starting his first game.  

Yup, then add in Moncrief sucking and the opportunity should arise

8 minutes ago, goldpants77 said:

Yup, then add in Moncrief sucking and the opportunity should arise

I'd be a heckuva lot more confident that PIT coming to its senses about Moncrief will directly benefit Washington if he wasn't benched last week after 1 target & Washington got all of 3 all game long afterwards. A full week of prep with Rudolph as starter & full awareness of how MEH Moncrief really is...if Washington doesn't get a significant bump in targets/opportunities, I will lose a lot of hope it will happen in any significant way this year.

AT MINIMUM, I would like to see Washington get 6-7 targets.

• Like 1

On 9/13/2019 at 5:53 PM, pierceNKC said:

Sounds like moncrief nursing a finger injury... 👀👀

is it a finger injury to like...all 10 of them? That's pretty much the only thing that would make sense regarding his ability to (not) catch a football.

Also I like Washington as a "last guy on your bench take a light flyer" add this week. Things seem to be lining up with moncrief sucking/injured and his best bud QB'ing. This might be one of those ones where you look back in a couple weeks after he's blown up and think to yourself "man, I can't believe i didn't see that one coming". Or it might not. 

Edited by yossarian

[...] I'm excited to see if he can reconnect with his college QB.  I think this guy is really flying under the radar right now.  

Edited by tonycpsu
Removed Cool Story

yesterday's Steelers Depot . . . .. . 

The two played four years together at Oklahoma State and had a fantastic connection, which was obviously good enough to make both of them high draft picks. Now, with Rudolph in the starting lineup, even head coach Mike Tomlin concedes that can have a positive impact on Washington’s playing time.

“I think that might be an unintended consequence of having both guys”, he said when asked that question earlier today during his pre-game press conference. “I know that we’ve seen evidence of that in the time that they’ve been here, and that’s a cool thing”.

• Like 2

Finally!

•  

"Speaking Thursday, Steelers OC Randy Fichtner criticized Donte Moncrief's pass catching so far this season.

"I had a coach a long time ago say you have to put the word receive into receiver," was Fichtner's brutal assessment. Moncrief was probably the worst receiver in football through the season's first two weeks. He has since been benched for James Washington. Especially with Ben Roethlisberger on the shelf, Moncrief is safely droppable.

Sep 19, 2019, 3:06 PM ET"
Edited by FollowTheLeader
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, FollowTheLeader said:

Finally!

•  

"Speaking Thursday, Steelers OC Randy Fichtner criticized Donte Moncrief's pass catching so far this season.

"I had a coach a long time ago say you have to put the word receive into receiver," was Fichtner's brutal assessment. Moncrief was probably the worst receiver in football through the season's first two weeks. He has since been benched for James Washington. Especially with Ben Roethlisberger on the shelf, Moncrief is safely droppable.

Sep 19, 2019, 3:06 PM ET"

What all of us who drafted and held James Washington have been waiting to hear. I'd like to see something official though, like the depth chart and something saying he's actually been benched. It's amazing the Steelers let it go on this long. I don't recall him being amazing in camp or preseason.

giphy.gif?cid=790b7611235d041286dd29a444