urban2014

Sterling Shepard 2019 Outlook

OBJ is gone, replaced with Golden Tate. Tate is somewhat interesting, however keep this guy in mind

Besides,  I didn't see much disdain,  when Tate got his thread

I'm still waiting for those mysterious migraines to reappear 😱

13 minutes ago, urban2014 said:

Besides,  I didn't see much disdain,  when Tate got his thread

new york giants fantasy draft order / value picks:

1) riley dixon (punter)

2) barkley

3) engram

not so much "disdain" as tempered expectations. i suppose shepard is absolutely a value considering his current ADP is in the 10th round. he's a talented WR, a fast WR, a high-jumping WR, paired with an aging QB who hasn't shown any MVP spark since november 1st, 2015 at the superdome in new orleans. shepard's 2018 = 66 rec / 107 targets / 872 yards / 4 TDs. OBJ's 124 targets (12 games) are up for grabs (but golden tate's addition will suck up the majority).

i suppose a poor giants' defense will help, but unless eli is currently undergoing some super therapy (regenokine + guru shakra realignment?), shepard = low risk, low reward, 1000 yard season ceiling.

bucs1.gif

• Like 1

I wanna draft sterling but the stats say not to.

2017 Odell missed like 11 games and sterling only caught 59 balls for 700 yards and 2tds. Then last year in the last 4 games of the season without odell shep only had one 100 yard game. He got 117 total yards in the other 3 games combined and only 1 td in the last 4 games. 

That's 15 games with no odell and not a lot of production. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Stonej14 said:

I wanna draft sterling but the stats say not to.

2017 Odell missed like 11 games and sterling only caught 59 balls for 700 yards and 2tds. Then last year in the last 4 games of the season without odell shep only had one 100 yard game. He got 117 total yards in the other 3 games combined and only 1 td in the last 4 games. 

That's 15 games with no odell and not a lot of production. 

Tate it is. 

• Like 1

On 6/2/2019 at 11:18 PM, Dreams And Dwightmares said:

I'm taking either Golden Tate or Sterling Sheppard. 

I think both present great value. 

Who was the better season? 

Neither. Go Engram. 

• Like 1

Engram wasn't an option in the question. 

I would go Tate.  Neither is much of a TD getter but Tate has proven time and again consistent in getting catches. His age is the biggest issue to me, will he decline. I don't expect much from either though 

12 minutes ago, bomont said:

Engram wasn't an option in the question. 

I would go Tate.  Neither is much of a TD getter but Tate has proven time and again consistent in getting catches. His age is the biggest issue to me, will he decline. I don't expect much from either though 

although golden tate will be 31 in august. in nine years, tate has only missed 7 games (five of those in his rookie season, 2010). clearly, his constitution / health is solid.

on the field, golden tate is tough to cover, has exceptional hands, and plays football like his a big kid --- he's out there having fun and he's one of the most reliable players in the league.

golden tate's age has nothing to do with his production... if you'd said that eli manning's age is golden tate's biggest issue, i'd be there with you.

giphy.gif

giphy.gif?cid=790b76115d051be05568714a49

giphy.gif

at sterling shepard's 8th round ADP, i'd sooner take n'keal harry, carlos hyde, marvin jones, larry fitzgerald

seems to me, tate in round 10 seems like a bargain, but best for PPR leagues starting 3 WRs and using at least one FLEX (and/or deeper leagues with 14-32 teams). for shallower leagues, any giant outside of barkley is a risk (though this risk is ameliorated through ADP / low-cost). in the 10th round, in PPR, i'm taking golden tate over peyton barber, james washington, dion lewis, dede westbrook, and courtland sutton (though sutton in standard seems palatable).

• Like 1

Good points. 31 isn't as big a deal for WRs as for RBs, but still I think they start to tail off. Still late in the draft I could see taking a flyer on Tate.

Giants did give him a big contract of $41 million, they obviously see something special in him as an WR1 on team. I think he's going to have a decent season, low tds but high in catches. This team is going to be down a lot which bodes well too. 

Yeah their underwhelming WR broke his thumb, they should just totally tank the season now

:wacko:

1st day of camp and Eli already leads a receiver to injury. Apparently it was a low throw and then Shepard was then hit by Jenkins on the play. Smh...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just based on the way this thread reads, I want no part of the Giants this year outside of Barkley.  They are the great dumpster fire of 2019.

19 hours ago, Boudewijn said:

Whoopsie:

https://www.bigblueview.com/2019/7/25/8930825/ny-giants-injury-news-sterling-shepard-gets-thumb-x-rayed

EAST RUTHERFORD, N.J. — New York Giants wide receiver Sterling Shepard, being counted upon to be the team’s No. 1 wide receiver this season, broke his thumb Thursday at practice, the team announced.

Giants' Corey Coleman tears ACL in practice Thursday

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001037255/article/giants-corey-coleman-tears-acl-in-practice-thursday

Goodness - the Giants must be cursed.

47 minutes ago, Savatage79 said:

Wow they are hurtin at wr 

ah...I'm assuming you posted that on the Coleman news on top of SS.