WestTexasGM

Daily prospect performance updates

Recommended Posts

no idea if this thread will be allowed and/or kept updated, but i absolutely love the premise. kudos to you @WestTexasGM

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

YES! I really have a major void for daily MiLB lines and info w/out that community. I'd be elated -and willing to help- if we can get enough prospect guys (or whomever) to help contribute daily and chatter about our favorite prospect performances.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, ST. STEVEN said:

YES! I really have a major void for daily MiLB lines and info w/out that community. I'd be elated -and willing to help- if we can get enough prospect guys (or whomever) to help contribute daily and chatter about our favorite prospect performances.

 

Same.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was so sad when minorleagueball shut down and this is the main reason why. I'm glad we can do the daily thread here (hopefully!).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Vlad with his first of many hits just now.  Followed by a 1st to 3rd on an error and follow up run. 

 

Nate Pearson with a solid 5IP 6K 1ER in the same game as well. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dustin May breathing F1RE- 5 IP 2H 0R 1BB 9K

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Chavis with an opening day bomb. 

 

It'll be interesting to see where they decide to play him.  I saw him at 2b in spring training. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Jorge Mateo is 3-for-5 with a 3B, HR and 3 RBIs.

He had a decent spring with the A's, and when they demoted him the Oakland staff said a bunch of nice things about him, which led to four different sources writing basically the same fluff article. This could be the start of him getting everyone's hopes up again.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, SpartyOn4 said:

Jorge Mateo is 3-for-5 with a 3B, HR and 3 RBIs.

He had a decent spring with the A's, and when they demoted him the Oakland staff said a bunch of nice things about him, which led to four different sources writing basically the same fluff article. This could be the start of him getting everyone's hopes up again.

 

That game was played in El Paso, and Mateo will get a boost from Las Vegas as well. I don't see it as a negative though. I like confident hitters.

Franklin Barreto is another post-hype prospect to watch there after he embraced the launch angle. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, footy1 said:

Luis Robert 2-4 2 HR 5 RBI BB SB

Good development since Robert failed to homer last season. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Julio Rodriguez, OF, low Single-A West Virginia (SEA)

2-for-4, 2B in his full season debut

 

Wander Franco, SS, low Single-A Bowling Green (TB)

1-for-3, 2B, RBI, 2 R, 2 BB, SO in his full season debut

 

Nolan Gorman, 3B, low Single-A Peoria (STL)

1-for-5, RBI, 2 R, 2 SO, BB 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Zach Collins 3-5, 3B, 2 HR

Might get the call up this year. Raw power and eye are both plus plus. Hopefully he can stick at catcher.

 

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oscar Mercado 2-4 with 1 RBI and 1 SB for AAA Columbus

Good speed and I think he has a better shot at a starting job with CLV than Cargo

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I like this, well done.  I'm sure a few people will try to use it for bench coach questions but overall this is a great way to keep tabs on the minors without totally clogging individual threads.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, WestTexasGM said:

 

 

Wander Franco, SS, low Single-A Bowling Green (TB)

1-for-3, 2B, RBI, 2 R, 2 BB, SO in his full season debut

 

 

Image result for excited wrestler gif

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, 96mnc said:

Chavis with an opening day bomb. 

 

It'll be interesting to see where they decide to play him.  I saw him at 2b in spring training. 

Not a ton of great places for him to play, but it seems like he has a decent chance to force a call up by mid season.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Love the thread idea, and I like WestTexasGM's format. It would nice for everyone to include level and team for easy reference. 

 

Name, position, level (MLB team)

pertinent stats 

 

That format would be great. 

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.