urban2014

Aaron Rodgers 2019 Outlook

3 hours ago, bgar15 said:

Anyone showing him the bench week 1 at Chicago?

Maybe for Rivers. I hate this matchup on a Thursday night in CHI. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Mr Rourke said:

Maybe for Rivers. I hate this matchup on a Thursday night in CHI. 

Why?? It's not like he's coming off a Sunday game.

4 minutes ago, JohnD said:

Why?? It's not like he's coming off a Sunday game.

Homeboy is the new Tony Romo, can't take a sack without getting his collarbone cracked.

16 minutes ago, pdog109 said:

Homeboy is the new Tony Romo, can't take a sack without getting his collarbone cracked.

As a longtime dynasty owner, I wince every time. Terrifying and it seems like it's always way early in the game. 

Got him in the 7th Round.... Couldn't pass that up, I pray he survives this year

Edited by CABLE87

1 hour ago, Sack Exchange said:

i don't like jackson this week at all. no way. and i like jackson. seems to me a tanking miami team with no reason to win will not put up much of a fight. they offloaded kiko and really only have DBs of quality, nothing up front. seems like the ravens will run, run, run, and with their weapons and a positive game script, i don't see LJax running. even if fitz can avoid the pass rush, who will he throw to? even kenny stills is gone. if lamar throws the ball 10 times and doesn't run at all i wouldn't be surprised. ingram + the sophomore + the rookie all day long.

i like rodgers this week because he's healthy, and his weapons are healthy (with the exception of jimmy graham's finger). i can see why @Chardo is benching kmurray this week: we have yet to see the real kyler murray stand up. but @bgar15, as much as i love rodgers it seems like even a interception machine jameis winston has to have more upside than just about anyone: the bucs have no defense, no RBs, and they're top heavy for passing. i like rodgers but i love winston this week.

be1f15347295c62517f25e10cbee4017.jpg

This ain’t Pee Wee football. Ravens said they wanna throw. This is the perfect opportunity to get Lamar going through the air. Yes they will run the ball. But they want to develop their QB. I’m sticking with Jackson against arguably the worst defense in the NFL rather than the Rogers facing a stud defense 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CABLE87 said:

Got him in the 7th Round.... Couldn't pass that up, I pray he survives this year

I grabbed him in the 7th as well. I was going to wait until later but 2 QBs went in the 6th and I had to wait 12 picks till it came back around, and just had the feeling that if I didn't pull the trigger, there would be slim pickings when it got back to me so I went in with ARod. Hope after a bit of a down year last year he can have a big bounce back season.

I've got him locked & loaded for NFL 2019 Game 1, let's goooo, a big night from Rodgers would be a sweet start to week 1!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Im really torn on what to do. I have him going against my DST tomorrow.... if it goes wrong my weekend is done!  now im really debating rivers or dak prescott over rodgers

If Rodgers is going to "be Rodgers" this year, which is what I presume many of those who drafted him at least halfway expect, it won't matter which defense he's playing - he'll score as a top-5 QB. 

In a Week 1 scenario I can't imagine benching someone you actually had to pay to get. It's completely reasonable to suspect he'll score at least top-10 numbers weekly considering he's healthy. He's going to be in a new offense this year - that's intriguing.

• Like 3

just picked up kirk cousins to start over rodgers this week. I'm too scared of the bears defense. Plus cousins is playing ATL who gave up the most points to qbs last year

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

ESPN pushing notifications about how they recommend not to start ARod this week and that Trubisky will be a top 10 qb. 

I know Rodgers is hard to get a long with, but this is his time to shine without mike McCarthy in his ear, I think he's going to be pumped up for week 1 and have a better game than Trubisky. Will be back tomorrow, hopefully this comment ages well 😬

• Like 4

I'm relaxed. Rough shakedown cruise for a brand new offense on the road against an elite defense. Rodgers won't be getting sacked 5 times per game and the run attack will an asset more often than the complete dead weight it was tonight. Adams was quiet, he will get on track shortly. MVS is a great weapon for Rodgers downfield and Jimmy looks more involved than last season, coming up with both their TD and a big PI call. 

Minnesota is a tough defense but Rodgers facing them at home is clearly easier than opening day at Chicago. Plus GB will be on the long week. That's the beginning of a 3-game homestand. I'm cautiously optimistic.

• Like 4

Maybe it's just me, but selfishly I'm more concerned that the Green Bay defense is for real and that Rodgers won't need to sling the ball excessively. It was Trubisky though so hard to tell off of one game. 

• Like 1

I'm left wondering... Does Chicago have a tier 1 front 7, is GB's OL subpar, or were the WRs covered all night, not allowing Rodgers clean targets? 

I'm hoping it was #1, I'm scared it's #2, and I doubt its #3. Thoughts? 

I started him because I drafted him specifically not to have 2 QBs on my roster.

Not concerned. At all. First game of the year, away against the best defense in the league, and a completely new coaching staff with no preseason experience. This was 100% the expected result week 1. 

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, BallinOnnaBudget said:

I'm left wondering... Does Chicago have a tier 1 front 7, is GB's OL subpar, or were the WRs covered all night, not allowing Rodgers clean targets? 

Definitely #1.

#2 is a question mark still.

#3 can be contributed to #1, with the Bears continually getting in Rodgers face, making him move and forcing him to throw on the run or not set. Even his TD pass was ugly.

You'll also have to consider that this is Game #1, new offense and the offense not playing together all preseason.

I don't like Rodgers so if its anyone that would be critical of his play it would be me, but it's too soon to be worried.

• Like 1

I took him early but I was already worried. I backed him up with Brady and Trubisky (who looked even worse). If it's true he doesn't have as much freedom in this offense to call plays there may be too many learning pains here in this offense

2 hours ago, BallinOnnaBudget said:

Definitely the Chicago D is elite. The GB O-line should be ok, but I think they have 2 rookie guards, and it might take some time to gel.

However the GB WR corps was meh last season, and we really have to wait to see if it's significantly better this year. That doesn't help Rodgers, obviously.

6 hours ago, BallinOnnaBudget said:

1 is true, 2 seems mostly untrue but not impossible, and Davante was double or triple teamed most of the night.  Plus Allison seems to have run at least one wrong route and thus ARod has him in the doghouse again, MVS left due to cramping, and the rest of the WRs ain't worth targeting. 

On 9/3/2019 at 1:35 PM, Gryfter said:

Never understood people like you. Going by your avatar, you're a Packers fan which means you should know Rodgers is in the same division as Chicago. Teams play their division rivals twice a season...you going to bench Rodgers both games? Minnesota has a tough defense too...thats another 2 games you'd probably consider benching.

Why would you draft Rodgers if you'd consider benching him 4 times?

And you were saying?

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, bgar15 said:

And you were saying?

The CHI Def is beastly. I would HIGHLY recommend sitting ANY QB playing against that DEF. Im not to worried about MIN tho. only Mack and that Bear DEF. 

i agree

Edited by SyNdicateZ

I knew it would be a rough outing in Chicago last night, especially without playing in preseason. Happy that I benched him for of all people Nick Foles, who opens at home against KC. 

Before kickoff last night I heard a stat that ARod hadn't thrown a TD in Soldier Field since the 2015 season. 

He threw one last night.... does that mean..... beasty season on deck? I think sooooo !

I'd buy low on Rodgers if the owner is antsy after last night's game..... Think he's in for a big year