urban2014

Aaron Rodgers 2019 Outlook

5 minutes ago, USWAY said:

I'd buy low on Rodgers if the owner is antsy after last night's game..... Think he's in for a big year

I think he looked pretty shakey and unconfident even when he had the rare time in the pocket tbh.  Most his good plays last night seemed to be 'off script'.  

I have owned Rodgers for 6 seasons of his career so I have watched a ton of ARod, I'd be a bit worried the Packers continue to refuse to add talent on offense.

At this point Rodgers and the Pack can only move the ball when he makes crazy good plays. 

Edited by Zak0221

7 minutes ago, Zak0221 said:

I think he looked pretty shakey and unconfident even when he had the rare time in the pocket tbh.  Most his good plays last night seemed to be 'off script'.  

I have owned Rodgers for 6 seasons of his career so I have watched a ton of ARod, I'd be a bit worried the Packers continue to refuse to add talent on offense.

At this point Rodgers and the Pack can only move the ball when he makes crazy good plays. 

Pump the breaks. It was the first game of the season, without playing any preseason snaps, on the road, against the best defense in the league. Everyone and their mother new this was going to be a tough game for Rodgers and the Packer offense.

• Like 6

6 minutes ago, Zak0221 said:

Personally I think the entire offense looked like a mess for pretty much the entire game. But I put that on the quality of the Bears defense, and the lack of cohesion this team has because the starters barely played in the pre-season. He was moving well, the arm strength is still there, and I think the raw talent they had on the team last year will take the next step. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, blazehound said:

Pump the breaks. It was the first game of the season, without playing any preseason snaps, on the road, against the best defense in the league. Everyone and their mother new this was going to be a tough game for Rodgers and the Packer offense.

Dude the breaks are well pumped, ARod himself looked fine but not confident in this offense at all and I simply pointed out theres a huge lack of talent on this PackersO.  Sometimes you can overcome scheme issues with oozing talent but this cubbard is pretty bare when you roll out the corpse of Jimmy Graham as a 'weapon'. 

Rodgers will still likely flirt with 4k yards and 28-35TDs but he is long removed from being a 25 pt a week fantasy stud of his prime. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Apart from Adams, I wonder if the GB WRs would do anything on other rosters? 

Are they no names because we just don't know them much, or because they're just not good NFL starting WRs?

1 minute ago, BallinOnnaBudget said:

Are they no names because we just don't know them much, or because they're just not good NFL starting WRs?

3 letters... M.V.S.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, '71 Bucks said:

3 letters... M.V.S.

Yeah you're kind of making my point for me.... 

5th rounder last year who put up under 600 yards and had 2 TDs is now one of their main WRs? 

I doubt that would fly on other rosters.... Allison and MVS as your top 2 guys behind Adams? 😬

6 minutes ago, BallinOnnaBudget said:

Yeah you're kind of making my point for me.... 

5th rounder last year who put up under 600 yards and had 2 TDs is now one of their main WRs? 

I doubt that would fly on other rosters.... Allison and MVS as your top 2 guys behind Adams? 😬

If you think he's a no name that wouldn't start on another roster you must be consistently behind the curve. Not saying he's a world beater or anything. But they have more than just Adams. 

3 minutes ago, '71 Bucks said:

If you think he's a no name that wouldn't start on another roster you must be consistently behind the curve. Not saying he's a world beater or anything. But they have more than just Adams. 

Yes maybe MVS would start on another team with a barren WR corps but I could probably name 10 teams where he's WR4 -WR5... Allison wouldn't see snaps on probably 20 teams IMO. Adams is a stud after that its pretty barren.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, '71 Bucks said:

Is he a Cobb to Adams Jordy tho? I'm not saying he's a no name but I am saying the cupboard looks pretty bare to me. Dudes a 2nd year player with upside, I like him, but as an ARod owner, I wish he had more to work with.

Packers fan? MVS owner? Why you mad bruh

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, BallinOnnaBudget said:

Is he a Cobb to Adams Jordy tho? I'm not saying he's a no name but I am saying the cupboard looks pretty bare to me. Dudes a 2nd year player with upside, I like him, but as an ARod owner, I wish he had more to work with.

Packers fan? MVS owner? Why you mad bruh

Were you saying the same thing about Adams when he was playing third fiddle behind Jordy and Cobb? 

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Bugs bunny said:

Were you saying the same thing about Adams when he was playing third fiddle behind Jordy and Cobb? 

No, because they had Jordy AND Cobb. 

They couldn't triple team Jordy because Cobb would go wild. ARod had a reliable secondary target.

I'm questioning his secondary option in the passing game now. It's understandable for the 3rd guy to be a young, upside guy. Not ideal for the 2nd guy to fit that description.

What's with the Bucks fans in here vehemently defending MVS lol

1 hour ago, BallinOnnaBudget said:

You basically nailed my sentiments.

The outlooks for Allison and MVS are all over the place. There was so much variation that I just decided to avoid this situation in all leagues.  I can easily see a scenario where Adams is the only relevant and consistent fantasy asset in this passing offense. So, this back and forth with who is better between Allison and MVS might be irrelevant.

I thought MVS looked good.  I felt the Packers were trying to scheme him the ball a bit and you could see his game speed.  I think those signs are encouraging for his outlook.  If he and ARod continue to develop their rapport, I think he could be a fantasy viable weapon.  That will help Rodgers as well. 

Rodgers looked bad in the first quarter but after than he did alright against a damn tough defense. He will have great weeks but I'm not sure if he'll be #1 again with this crew of play makers in a new offense.

• Like 1

Their problem is the lack of a run game. 22nd in the league last year. Just 47 yards last night.

It's the Aaron Rodgers show out there and when it isn't working it's really ugly. Imagine them with a top 10 running game to keep the defense honest...

• Like 1

Receivers look fine to me, though perilously thin. MVS is a caliber of downfield threat Rodgers has not had since 2016. If/when the run game gets traction these two are going to slay on the play action. Jimmy looked good and seeing him targeted in a variety of spots was reassuring that they will use him more this season. Despite not drafting Allison in any league, I'm not ready to totally bury the guy after one no-show in a game where the entire offense was badly disrupted by an elite defense. The Geronimo we saw in 5 games last season is a capable NFL receiver. GB could certainly use another receiver and I'm hoping St.Brown will provide another option when he returns but if they get to roll with Adams-MVS-Geronimo-Jimmy all season I think that group will be up to the task.

Offensive line is a larger concern to me. Granted it was the Bears defense but the Pack OL got its butt kicked out there both pass and run blocking. Rodgers will not last half the season if he's routinely taking the kind of hits he suffered yesterday. Hopefully it was just the quality of opponent combined with the brand new offense (and very limited preseason).

It does seem that Rodgers could use a legit receiving back like Cohen, Ekeler, White, Duke, etc. to give him a better escape valve when the play breaks down or run some screens to counter the pass rush. They didn't really replace Ty Montgomery after they (very justifiably) dropped him following the debacle vs the Rams.

I’m pretty optimistic. Game 1 on the road against that D?  200 and a TD is fine. Imagine if by some chance they were to trade for Melvin...

30 minutes ago, drisser said:

Expectations for this week? Vikings D looked really solid against Atlanta. 

With Rodgers, I always feel like question is whether the opposing team will put up points. If the Packers are playing from behind, he finds a way to put up yards and TDs. The Vikings should put up points. It’s Aaron Rogers at Lambeau field. Gotta start him. 

20 hours ago, drisser said:

Expectations for this week? Vikings D looked really solid against Atlanta. 

I didn't think enough about his schedule when I drafted him.... 4 games between CHI + MIN this season? Yikes

I'm going to ride with him, but am definitely concerned about the possibility for another 10-12 point week 😬

28 minutes ago, BallinOnnaBudget said:

I didn't think enough about his schedule when I drafted him.... 4 games between CHI + MIN this season? Yikes

I'm going to ride with him, but am definitely concerned about the possibility for another 10-12 point week 😬

He has 4 games against CHI and MINN every season...

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

21 hours ago, FinsUp24 said:

With Rodgers, I always feel like question is whether the opposing team will put up points. If the Packers are playing from behind, he finds a way to put up yards and TDs. The Vikings should put up points. It’s Aaron Rogers at Lambeau field. Gotta start him. 

Both teams (Minny and GB) nearly scored 60 points in their game last season at Lambeau. However, this Minny team is so much different. Their offensive line is healthy and they are living up to their promise of running the ball and playing to their defense.

While it was a strange game in week 1, Minny ran the ball 32 times which accounted for 77% of their offensive plays (Most in the NFL). I could definitely see Minny looking to run the ball, control TOP and keeping the ball out of Rodgers hands. I definitely don't like Rodgers for this match-up. If the Packers defense is as good as they were in week 1, this will be an old fashion low-scoring slugfest.

Edited by nonstopfan

29 minutes ago, vercrazy said:

He has 4 games against CHI and MINN every season...

haha u so funny. 

and to be fair, he may not have 4 games vs them in 2021 when the league locks out ;)