urban2014

Aaron Rodgers 2019 Outlook

1 hour ago, Griffin_Morrow said:

I'm sure that had nothing to do with running for his life and throwing the ball away for most of the game.

On 9/6/2019 at 7:49 AM, Zak0221 said:

Dude the breaks are well pumped, ARod himself looked fine but not confident in this offense at all and I simply pointed out theres a huge lack of talent on this PackersO.  Sometimes you can overcome scheme issues with oozing talent but this cubbard is pretty bare when you roll out the corpse of Jimmy Graham as a 'weapon'. 

Rodgers will still likely flirt with 4k yards and 28-35TDs but he is long removed from being a 25 pt a week fantasy stud of his prime. 

I agree! Gone are the day's of feeling warm and fuzzy having him in your lineup. At the end of the day he will put up decent numbers. The problem is there are a lot of QB's who will put up similar numbers this year. I could see the frustration on Rogers face. I have a bad feeling about the new coach. I just feel like it's gonna be a weekly struggle. The talent is just not there on offense and this defense could be really good which might limit the shootouts.

I regretted drafting him in the 5th last year and I regret taking him in the late 7th this year.

Lets hope I'm wrong.

• Like 3

The games against the Vikings will probably give most of us Rodgers' owners a better idea of what to except for the rest of the season in terms of fantasy purpose. But I honestly do feel we are just hoping too much. The Packers look like a train that arrives on time. I mean it was on the air before the beginning of the season it would be hard to own an offensive player of the Packers, especially a "top player". And the Week 1 just seems to be the foundation of this early statement.

He will feast in games against average defenses. Bears and Vikings can make any QB look pedestrian. Buckle up, the ride will get smoother soon.

• Like 3

no real rb still and mostly below avg receiver corps on the whole, ok avg at best.... yeah

Edited by DJSatane

6 hours ago, mongidig said:

I agree! Gone are the day's of feeling warm and fuzzy having him in your lineup. At the end of the day he will put up decent numbers. The problem is there are a lot of QB's who will put up similar numbers this year. I could see the frustration on Rogers face. I have a bad feeling about the new coach. I just feel like it's gonna be a weekly struggle. The talent is just not there on offense and this defense could be really good which might limit the shootouts.

I regretted drafting him in the 5th last year and I regret taking him in the late 7th this year.

Lets hope I'm wrong.

I also took him in the late 7th. I'm trying not to jump to any conclusions, but I totally feel you! Last year I drafted Andrew Luck in the 10th and dropped him after his clunkers @WAS & @PHI. Let's see where we're at after these 3 home games.

• Like 1

Ugly debut in Chicago where he always struggles, and maybe I'm just being optimistic, but I think he's going to put in some work on a tough defense this week. Maybe not 28 or 30 but 20+ seems reasonable. 

7 hours ago, goldpants77 said:

He will feast in games against average defenses. Bears and Vikings can make any QB look pedestrian. Buckle up, the ride will get smoother soon.

the problem is. week 15 and 16... is bears and vikings again..

8 hours ago, konstao said:

the problem is. week 15 and 16... is bears and vikings again..

The good news is that these defenses may not be as strong due to injury or just being wore out from the season. The Packer offense should be running a lot smoother by that time as well. At least the Bear game is a home game.

25 minutes ago, CowboysFan said:

By that same logic, the Packers' offense may not be as strong due to injury either.

Defenses as a whole tend to wear down more that an offense will. Also, defenses are ahead of the offenses this time of year. 

21 hours ago, Griffin_Morrow said:

I feel like most QB's will have a rank 32 of some sort when they play the bears this season.  They are just scary.

20 hours ago, mongidig said:

Lets hope I'm wrong.

I’m in the exact same boat as you.  This year and last.  And I REALLY hope you’re wrong. 

• Like 1

Trying to aquire him, are rodgers owners seeing any positives with what they saw in week 2? It seems like a step in the right direction against a tough defense. This week is Denver d which could go either way, but after that the schedule seems to open up. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, hiddenz said:

Trying to aquire him, are rodgers owners seeing any positives with what they saw in week 2? It seems like a step in the right direction against a tough defense. This week is Denver d which could go either way, but after that the schedule seems to open up. 

Positives: Rodgers looks like Rodgers to me. Arm strength looks great. Run game should be strong this year. Packers are winning, which should help prevent any drama. 

It’s great for the Packers that the defense is looking solid, but not so much for Rodgers’ fantasy owners. Through two weeks, this team has gotten a lead and not needed Rodgers’ arm to win games. He has done everything he needed to do to get wins against two great defenses. Better days ahead forsure.

• Like 1

Biggest impact for Rodgers this year is the vastly improved GB Defense. They are keeping the games close and GB is leaning on the run game to finish.

• Like 1

Just now, FlashGordon401 said:

Bit concerning now tbh

3 of the best defenses in the league and they're 3-0. Not concerned yet.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, kelle1sa said:

3 of the best defenses in the league and they're 3-0. Not concerned yet.

They have a running game.  It’s clear this new offense won’t be throwing nearly as much.  Rolling with Josh Allen ROS.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, DemOrioles said:

They have a running game.  It’s clear this new offense won’t be throwing nearly as much.  Rolling with Josh Allen ROS.

Might be time to move him from 'set and forget' to 'depends on matchup'.  May have more Kyler Murray in my immediate future than I was planning on.

• Haha 1

you better off with giants rookie in fantasy at this point it seems, rodgers at 35 could be at the point of no return

It's been a very frustrating fantasy start for Rodgers owners like me.  I want to sell, but you know he's going to get his before the seasons over. the 30 point games will come the moment I ship him out of town for 60 cents on the dollar.  I took Rodgers at the turn in the 7th round as the 4th QB off the board and thought I scored.  Welp....