Rotoworld posted this:

https://www.rotoworld.com/article/nba-fantasy-trends/early-fantasy-basketball-top-10-2019-20

I'm with them on the top two. Jokic, even though I love him and was the foundation of a championship team for me, isn't #3 -- he was #6 total and didn't take the big leap I expected (#14 per game). I think the list has got the approximate risk of Curry/Durant/Davis right. I'd move up Giannis, drop Drummond and bring in Kawhi somewhere, on the thinking that load management won't be as big an issue once he's got a settled contract.

How about you?

My top 5 would be

Harden

KAT

Giannis

Lillard

Jokic

I'd downgrade AD to the second round if he doesn't move from New Orleans

27 minutes ago, fachowski said:

My top 5 would be

Harden

KAT

Giannis

Lillard

Jokic

I'd downgrade AD to the second round if he doesn't move from New Orleans

I assume he's gone. Otherwise NO watches him walk for free.

We also should be talking about Beal and Embiid, assuming Embiid continues to get better and increase his GP total.

1. Harden

2. AD

3. Kat

4. Giannis 

5. Curry

6. George

7. Jokic

8. Durant

9. Kawhi

10. embiid

11. Lillard

12. Kyrie/beal 

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Simsanityy179 said:

1. Harden

2. AD

3. Kat

4. Giannis 

5. Curry

6. George

7. Jokic

8. Durant

9. Kawhi

10. embiid

11. Lillard

12. Kyrie/beal 

I think something like this is going to be pretty standard, maybe with the addition of Drummond in there.  I would probably take Embiid and Durant and maybe Jokic over George, depending on format.  

Posted (edited)
23 minutes ago, hipriest69 said:

I think something like this is going to be pretty standard, maybe with the addition of Drummond in there.  I would probably take Embiid and Durant and maybe Jokic over George, depending on format.  

I was judging based on 9cat.

Cant argue against that , durant to me has dropped to 8-10 unless he switches teams or they loose boogie

drummond is 14th on my list 

Edited by Simsanityy179

The article specified 9 cat but didn't specify H2H or roto.  If H2H then it's too early bc we don't know next year's playoff schedule.   That said I'd go:

1) Harden

2) AD (assuming 9 cat roto otherwise lower for H2H)

3) Curry 

4) Towns

5) Giannis

6) George

7) Durant (flip with George if Durant moves)

😎 Kawhi (should be over injury)

9) Lillard

10) Jokic

11) Embiid

12) Vuc

13) Beal

14) Irving

• Like 1

2 hours ago, StifleTower2 said:

The article specified 9 cat but didn't specify H2H or roto.  If H2H then it's too early bc we don't know next year's playoff schedule.   That said I'd go:

1) Harden

2) AD (assuming 9 cat roto otherwise lower for H2H)

3) Curry 

4) Towns

5) Giannis

6) George

😎 Kawhi (should be over injury)

9) Lillard

10) Jokic

11) Embiid

12) Vuc

13) Beal

14) Irving

Where's Javale?

92487e2f4d66a54386ebe411acec197e.jpg

are we talking "per game" or "total value"?  

I prefer drafting based on  total value with risk level as low as possible

24 minutes ago, Gile Pile said:

are we talking "per game" or "total value"?  

I prefer drafting based on  total value with risk level as low as possible

Your personal first round, which is why I listed 14 bc that’s the shallowest I play.  So if you go by totals then list them on that basis.

• Like 1

Depends where KD, AD, Kawhi go.

If they all stayed on same team:

1. AD

2. Harden

3. Towns 

4. Curry

5. Jokic

6. Durant

7. Giannis

8. Kawhi

9. PG13

10. Lillard

Posted (edited)

1. Harden

2. Curry

3. KD

4. KAT

5. AD

6. Giannis

7. Lillard

8. PG

9. Jokic

10. Kawhi

I expect, KD, AD and boogie to be on different teams next year and we'll have a brand new NBA. In a new landscape, anyone in my top 5 could end up being the best overall player. As good as Jokic is, I'm just not comfortable with him as my best player so I don't see myself drafting him, or Kawhi since he's made it clear the regular season does not matter. Embiid is still risky and I'll have to watch him from afar as the fact he's being given weeks off to rest his sore knee is scary.

If KD leaves, we could see MVP Curry all over again as I think he's gotten better over the past few years. GSW will not fall off the map and will be in contention as a top team in the west. Also, KD on any team not named the Warriors is an easy 28/7/5 50/88.

If AD goes anywhere but Boston I'll probably try and target him for a relatively discounted price in auction and pair him with a couple guys with no dnp risk

Edited by FantasyBallFan
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, FantasyBallFan said:

1. Harden

2. Curry

3. KD

4. KAT

5. AD

6. Giannis

7. Lillard

8. PG

9. Jokic

10. Kawhi

I expect, KD, AD and boogie to be on different teams next year and we'll have a brand new NBA. In a new landscape, anyone in my top 5 could end up being the best overall player. As good as Jokic is, I'm just not comfortable with him as my best player so I don't see myself drafting him, or Kawhi since he's made it clear the regular season does not matter. Embiid is still risky and I'll have to watch him from afar as the fact he's being given weeks off to rest his sore knee is scary.

If KD leaves, we could see MVP Curry all over again as I think he's gotten better over the past few years. GSW will not fall off the map and will be in contention as a top team in the west. Also, KD on any team not named the Warriors is an easy 28/7/5 50/88.

If AD goes anywhere but Boston I'll probably try and target him for a relatively discounted price in auction and pair him with a couple guys with no dnp risk

I agree completely with your stance except the last part - why would AD be going for a discount in any scenario that involves him leaving NO?  That man is a fantasy dream come true and everybody knows it.  On a new team he will beast, just a matter of health. 

5 hours ago, StifleTower2 said:

If Durant moves, I think you're sleeping on him.

if AD gets moved hes easily my #1 again. he wins leagues plan and simple as #1 option

Posted (edited)
32 minutes ago, Pyschout said:

If Durant moves, I think you're sleeping on him.

I have both Curry and Durant in a keeper league I won this year (acquired through trades) so I hope he moves as they both have top 3 potential.  Harden and a healthy AD are the only players I’d definitely rank above Curry and Durant.  But Durant ****** me in two H2H leagues this year by not playing during that first fantasy week.  Both he and Curry have somewhat spotty injury history, they’re not high risk but higher than KAT and Giannis. I know you can’t base the future entirely on the past but I think KAT/Giannis are safer than Durant.  I’d still pick Curry third because he put up a historic year when Durant wasn’t there.  That said it depends a lot on the fantasy playoff schedule.  

Finally, I can’t stress this enough but I don’t join leagues with snake draft.  These sort of rankings are purely for entertainment. 

Edited by StifleTower2
  • Like 2

for me personally

1. Harden

2. AD (pending move)

3. Giannis

4. Towns

5. Durant (pending move)

6. Curry

7. Jokic

8. George

9. Lillard

10. Kawhi

11. Beal (no wall)

12. Irving

13. Embiid

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jay14bay said:

I agree completely with your stance except the last part - why would AD be going for a discount in any scenario that involves him leaving NO?  That man is a fantasy dream come true and everybody knows it.  On a new team he will beast, just a matter of health. 

Health the biggest thing, and just the fact if you owned him he likely ruined your entire season. IMO AD should be the #1 pick in any draft even ahead of Harden if he's on another team (except for Boston). With that said, I am probably in the minority and if I want him, I'll be able to get him cheaper than all of the guys mentioned above him, hence the discount. As DNPs are increasing league wide, AD will attract less owners and should offer cheaper price on draft day.

I think we're in the same boat here as I think AD is the best fantasy player when healthy. I've also acknowledged there will be a lot of risk surrounding him in his contract year unless he's playing for LAL. As much as I believe he's #1, unless I get him at a discount I'll have to roll with a safer pick.

2 hours ago, bsu27 said:

for me personally

1. Harden

2. AD (pending move)

3. Giannis

4. Towns

5. Durant (pending move)

6. Curry

7. Jokic

8. George

9. Lillard

10. Kawhi

11. Beal (no wall)

12. Irving

13. Embiid

Why only 13?  Shouldn’t it be 12 or 14?

Can someone make a list for gm's who play auction ? I'd be really interested in seeing how much you guys think these players are worth for next years draft. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Simsanityy179 said:

Hmm forgot about vuc , 10-15 seems tricky as Lillard kyrie Beal and vuc or kind of similar on a per game basics

People don’t seem to think Vuc can repeat but I think he’s safer than trusting Irving to stay healthy.