foleyb415

Trade away Stanton?

I was offered this trade in a 14 team normal 5x5 5 Keeper league:

I Give: Giancarlo Stanton

I Receive: 

Mitch Haniger

Kyle Hendricks

Rafael Devers

My team's below, not exactly in win now mode since this is first year keeper league with fairly young team, but I'd be getting enough to consider it. Should I take it?

C Francisco Mejia

1B Luke Voit

2B Gleyber Torres

3B Jose Ramirez

SS Amed Rosario

OF Michael Conforto

OF Brandon Nimmo

OF Clint Frazier (normally Stanton)

UTIL Pete Alonso

UTIL Buster Posey

BN Tim Beckham

Nick Senzel

Kyle Tucker

Brendan Rodgers

IL Stanton

IL Matt Olson

SP Aaron Nola

SP German Marquez

SP Marco Gonzales

SP Sean Newcomb

SP Derek Rodriguez

RP Brad Hand

RP Josh Hader

P AJ Minter 

P Julio Urias 

P Jon Duplantier

IL Luis Severino

I would pass.  Stanton is worth way more than that in a keeper.

Also, not for nothing, but in a shallow 3 OF league like that (even with 14 teams), you should not be playing Frazier in the OF or Posey at Util imo. There has to be a better OF option than Clint Frazier at this point.   I would seriously consider dealing away Posey to anyone who would give you any thing decent for him as he offers nothing but avg and someone might still think he is a useful player at C.  There is little to be gained carrying an extra C in a 1 C lineup league.

• Like 1

Depends on amount of keepers?

19 minutes ago, secretagentman said:

Also, not for nothing, but in a shallow 3 OF league like that (even with 14 teams), you should not be playing Frazier in the OF or Posey at Util imo. There has to be a better OF option than Clint Frazier at this point.

Yea it was slim pickens when Stanton went down and Frazier happened to get called up, but probably not gonna get the AB's I need. Still trying to gauge who would be best to add from waiver wire but I'm highest on Franmil, Winker, or Verdugo if he could get more AB's. I mostly have Posey because with his 1B eligibility, my C and 1B spots are more flexible with Mejia and Voit getting a lot of off days, at least until Olson comes back. I appreciate the feedback

I’d hang on to Stanton. If you’re only keeping 5, elite production is far more important than age.

• Like 1

I'd probably hold, only because I'm not a huge Hendricks fan. Love Devers this year and Haniger. Can you ask for a different SP?

6 hours ago, nittanychris said:

I'd probably hold, only because I'm not a huge Hendricks fan. Love Devers this year and Haniger. Can you ask for a different SP?

I could but none are much of a step better, if at all. He has Folty, Freeland, Gausman, and Trevor Williams

Pretty bad offer. Hendricks is meh, Haniger is good but not on Stanton’s level and Devers might or might not be better than he is now. Hold.