Sign in to follow this  
Jaynebra

Offered Tyreek Hill for...

Happy April everyone. Didn’t expect to be asking trade questions already but here we are. 

In one of my dynasty leagues I was recently offered Tyreek Hill for Mike Williams, Jared Cook and a 2nd round pick. Do I take the risk?

My team is currently pretty stacked, Mike Williams was on and off my bench all season and I have Vance McDonald to replace Jared Cook this year.

I think he’s worth the risk for what you are paying. I like Mike Williams but he’s not the number 1 guy for the Chargers and his ceiling for fantasy is a number 2 WR.  Everyone is in love with Cook to the Saints but how many years does Brees have left? Then what happens to Cook when Teddy is throwing to him? What you are giving up seems minimal to me versus the ceiling you get in return.

Yes Hill is the clearly the best player involved. Get him onto you're team asap!!!!! 

18 hours ago, GreatScott! said:

I think he’s worth the risk for what you are paying. I like Mike Williams but he’s not the number 1 guy for the Chargers and his ceiling for fantasy is a number 2 WR.  Everyone is in love with Cook to the Saints but how many years does Brees have left? Then what happens to Cook when Teddy is throwing to him? What you are giving up seems minimal to me versus the ceiling you get in return.

Why do you think Mike Williams ceiling is WR2? He was the 7th pick two years ago and is just 24. He can absolutely be WR1 on a team imo.

2 hours ago, dmb3684 said:

Why do you think Mike Williams ceiling is WR2? He was the 7th pick two years ago and is just 24. He can absolutely be WR1 on a team imo.

I agree that Williams can be the WR1 on a team.  But not necessarily a fantasy WR1.  At least not more than a very low end WR1.

But on the Chargers, with Allen, Henry, and Gordon getting passes, I can't see him being anywhere near that.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, K197040 said:

I agree that Williams can be the WR1 on a team.  But not necessarily a fantasy WR1.  At least not more than a very low end WR1.

Any reason why? I think he can be a stud in the right situation myself.

27 minutes ago, dmb3684 said:

Any reason why? I think he can be a stud in the right situation myself.

Admittedly, it's only based on the 6 or 7 games I've seen him in.  He just doesn't strike me as a big yards after catch kind of guy  Someone that can take a ball over the middle and break off a big gain.   

22 minutes ago, K197040 said:

Admittedly, it's only based on the 6 or 7 games I've seen him in.  He just doesn't strike me as a big yards after catch kind of guy  Someone that can take a ball over the middle and break off a big gain.   

I'm thinking more along the lines of Mike Evans.

30 minutes ago, dmb3684 said:

I'm thinking more along the lines of Mike Evans.

Evans did come to mind.   As I mentioned, I've only seen Williams in a handful of games.  And it was really only his first year so he surely improves. 

That being said, most fantasy WR1 are not that kind of WR.    

19 minutes ago, K197040 said:

Evans did come to mind.   As I mentioned, I've only seen Williams in a handful of games.  And it was really only his first year so he surely improves. 

That being said, most fantasy WR1 are not that kind of WR.    

He's faster and has more upside than Evans IMO, was just the first person that came to mind.

11 minutes ago, dmb3684 said:

He's faster and has more upside than Evans IMO, was just the first person that came to mind.

Fair enough.  But to me, he doesn't look like he has much acceleration.   I don't think think his upside is WR1 unless he's the clear #1 on a team.  And even then, I think he's low end at best.   I think he can be a great WR but just not a great fantasy WR.

14 minutes ago, K197040 said:

Fair enough.  But to me, he doesn't look like he has much acceleration.   I don't think think his upside is WR1 unless he's the clear #1 on a team.  And even then, I think he's low end at best.   I think he can be a great WR but just not a great fantasy WR.

Yeah Jury is for sure still out. He's awesome in the Red zone though and his coaches think he can catch 100 balls someday. We shall see. Clemson does a nice job at churning out good NFL WRs

• Like 1

If...IF, you can handle the likely suspension coming, then Hill would be the one to have in this situation. Hill and Mahomes will be taking tops off defenses for a long time.

On 4/8/2019 at 12:16 PM, dmb3684 said:

His ceiling to me is WR 2 because of Keenan Allen. Allen will be the number 1 target for the Chargers. I don’t see him leap frogging Allen and I can’t see Rivers supporting 2 WR number ones for fantasy football. 

2 hours ago, GreatScott! said:

His ceiling to me is WR 2 because of Keenan Allen. Allen will be the number 1 target for the Chargers. I don’t see him leap frogging Allen and I can’t see Rivers supporting 2 WR number ones for fantasy football. 

For this year, yes. It's a dynasty league though. 

5 hours ago, dmb3684 said:

For this year, yes. It's a dynasty league though. 

I don’t see anything changing much in the next couple years other than his QB (Rivers) getting older. 

Take it.  Hill is a top 5 WR for years to come catching passes from Mahomes.  While Williams has upside but I doubt Cook can repeat last year.  Guys don't miraculously get better after 30 and a second in a dynasty isn't that great.

On 4/12/2019 at 1:18 PM, GreatScott! said:

I don’t see anything changing much in the next couple years other than his QB (Rivers) getting older. 

Couple years? Sure. He'll be 26 then. I don't think you know what a dynasty league is.

20 hours ago, dmb3684 said:

Couple years? Sure. He'll be 26 then. I don't think you know what a dynasty league is.

I am well aware of what one is. Not every young WR or RB turns into a number 1 WR, even in dynasty and even if they were a first round pick. Williams is talented but is second in line on his own team at WR to Keenan Allen, has an emerging TE in Hunter Henry and has an aging QB in Phillip Rivers who, correct me if I’m wrong, has never supported 2 top 12 WRs in the same year.  So no, I do not see him as someone that I would rank higher than Tyreek Hill anytime within the next couple years unless Hill is suspended or injured. 

19 minutes ago, GreatScott! said:

I am well aware of what one is. Not every young WR or RB turns into a number 1 WR, even in dynasty and even if they were a first round pick. Williams is talented but is second in line on his own team at WR to Keenan Allen, has an emerging TE in Hunter Henry and has an aging QB in Phillip Rivers who, correct me if I’m wrong, has never supported 2 top 12 WRs in the same year.  So no, I do not see him as someone that I would rank higher than Tyreek Hill anytime within the next couple years unless Hill is suspended or injured. 

20 minutes ago, GreatScott! said:

And what about after a couple years? Again, it's a dynasty.

6 hours ago, dmb3684 said:

I think it all depends on if they re-sign or extend Allen.  He's only 2 years older than Williams.   Excellent route runners like Allen can still be great at 30.  

At least good enough to limit William's upside.  

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, dmb3684 said:

You still try to win now in dynasty. Allen is only 2 year older than Williams so he’s not falling off a cliff anytime soon.  Don’t get too caught up in looking more than a couple years down the road in dynasty, especially with WRs as they have a pretty long shelf life. Otherwise you will find yourself constantly in “rebuild mode”. Tyreek Hill is only 1 year older than Williams, has the better QB and has already proven he can be a number 1 WR.  Meanwhile Mike Williams isn’t the number one WR on his own team and may not be the number 1 WR on his own team anytime in the next 5 years (or even more). And who knows who will be the  QB for the Chargers 5 years from now. 

Edited by GreatScott!

On 4/15/2019 at 9:39 PM, GreatScott! said:

You still try to win now in dynasty. Allen is only 2 year older than Williams so he’s not falling off a cliff anytime soon.  Don’t get too caught up in looking more than a couple years down the road in dynasty, especially with WRs as they have a pretty long shelf life. Otherwise you will find yourself constantly in “rebuild mode”. Tyreek Hill is only 1 year older than Williams, has the better QB and has already proven he can be a number 1 WR.  Meanwhile Mike Williams isn’t the number one WR on his own team and may not be the number 1 WR on his own team anytime in the next 5 years (or even more). And who knows who will be the  QB for the Chargers 5 years from now. 

I don't think Tyreek will be in the league 5 years from now.