kpmorgan

Julio Rodriguez, OF, Seattle Mariners

Anyone keeping tabs on this kid? He just got on my radar and seems like someone with a very high ceiling. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
13 hours ago, kpmorgan said:

Anyone keeping tabs on this kid? He just got on my radar and seems like someone with a very high ceiling. 

Yup, own him in a dynasty league. Incredibly high ceiling from what I've read.

Mariners are confident enough in him that he didn't have an extended spring training. He had a great game yesterday. 3-5, 2 doubles. 

Edited by staj18

Posted (edited)

Scooped.. thanks men. Saw he had 10 stls in about 220ABs last year and wasn’t caught steeling not once. Anybody know if he has average or above average speed? 

Edited by BxBOMBERs28
  • Like 1

@MiLBMariners 
Julio Rodriguez has his 4th multi-hit game. Julio Rodriguez in 5 games: 10-20, 3 2B, 3R, 3RBI, BB, 3K

• Like 3

This kid is hitting .478/538/609 with an 11.5% walk rate and 11.5% k rate. Only six games but great googly moogly, he's 18! I own Soto and and he hit.360/427/523 as an 18 year old in 23 games at low A, then .373/486/814 as a 19 year old in 16 games at low A before getting promoted to high A last year. 

I am not a Mariners fan, have no idea how aggressive they would be - what we saw with Soto last year was virtually unprecedented - and JRod is a full year younger - but as some said above, run dont walk and pick this kid up, he's special. The M's could do something crazy and put him on the express train if he keeps hitting, or worst case scenarior you have a top 10 prospect going into 2020.

• Like 2

HBP tonight on the wrist and left the game. No further update as of yet.

On 4/10/2019 at 10:49 AM, AngryBeavers said:

Just added everywhere - Thanks for the tout!

You jinxed him

Here’s the mlb pipeline tweet with a link to a story:

X-ray missed it, now diagnosed with hairline fracture in left hand. Out 4-6 weeks.

Posted (edited)

From rotowire:

Rodriguez was diagnosed with a hairline fracture on his left hand  Friday and will be sidelined 4-to-6 weeks, Greg Johns of MLB.com reports.

Initial X-rays showed that Rodriguez had avoided a fracture after being hit by a pitch last week, but he received a less favorable outlook Friday. The 18-year-old was tearing it up at Low-A West Virginia with a .355/.444/.452 slash line through 36 plate appearances, but is now slated to miss at least a month.

Edited by AngryBeavers
Sourcd

5 hours ago, rasto21585 said:

Does he have the talent to be the next wander franco?

Quite possibly yes

Posted (edited)

2-3 with a RBI in the first game today. Looks to be coming on strong so far on his return from the DL. 

Edited by 12to6

He's my favorite prospect in the M's system. Eyes have been on Kelenic, but people are finally coming to realize this kid might be a stud in the making. If he keeps hitting, he could find himself in Double A at some point this season.