kpmorgan

Julio Rodriguez, OF, Seattle Mariners

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, rasto21585 said:

Must add in dynasty leagues?

Honestly, he shouldn’t even be available in a dynasty league if everyone is paying attention. Pick him up immediately.

Edited by ThreadKiller

Fun fact played 15 games this season... 7 of them multi hit... super small sample size... but dude can hit...

Hitting .200 over the last 7 days, but .306 over the last 14 days. Took quite the jump up at rotowire to #18 overall. FYI

Long ball last night - kids youthful compared to his competition right now... Realistically what’s his potential (*want to hear from you guys that’s been following Julio) 

~ thanks (new dynasty owner)

29 minutes ago, Silverdome_Loyal said:

Long ball last night - kids youthful compared to his competition right now... Realistically what’s his potential (*want to hear from you guys that’s been following Julio) 

~ thanks (new dynasty owner)

All-Star potential, no doubt.  We haven’t heard his name a ton because he had an early season injury and all eyes are on Wander.  If you have a chance to acquire, reel him in. 

3 hits, with a HR and BB last night, in his last 10 games: hitting .359

There is plenty for him to figure out yet, but I am very excited about his bat. Reports are touting his bat speed as on another level...he turns 19 in Dec, so he might really begin to accelerate his way quickly--even if he remains in A ball for the rest of the season. I think I have seen enough to put him just on the periphery of the top 10 hitting prospects in all of the minors and his upside is so massive.

• Like 2

23 hours ago, ST. STEVEN said:

3 hits, with a HR and BB last night, in his last 10 games: hitting .359

There is plenty for him to figure out yet, but I am very excited about his bat. Reports are touting his bat speed as on another level...he turns 19 in Dec, so he might really begin to accelerate his way quickly--even if he remains in A ball for the rest of the season. I think I have seen enough to put him just on the periphery of the top 10 hitting prospects in all of the minors and his upside is so massive.

Regarding that bat speed. Rotowire has batted ball data for some minor league levels and his hard hit rate REALLY stands out, especially for an 18 year old. Reminder: Hard hit balls are 95+ mph off the bat:

image.png.03f1b9596a83e4994b872ca4373f9225.png

Exciting stuff 

• Like 4

is that only available as a rotowire subscriber?  Where do they get it?  I'd be interested in the whole data set.

3 hours ago, to_be_quite_frank said:

Regarding that bat speed. Rotowire has batted ball data for some minor league levels and his hard hit rate REALLY stands out, especially for an 18 year old. Reminder: Hard hit balls are 95+ mph off the bat:

image.png.03f1b9596a83e4994b872ca4373f9225.png

Exciting stuff 

The most interesting thing is Wander having the lowest rate on there. You’d think with his average and plate discipline that he would get more balls to drive, but he is also facing tougher competition so maybe that pushes his rate down some. Either way, good info!

2 hours ago, ST. STEVEN said:

Just keeps mashing, really appreciate that hard-contact rate info too @to_be_quite_frank...that is such good/important stuff

It's incredible. He's 18 and has that kind of hard contact rate already.

And he's got some filling out to do on that 6'3" 180 frame. Very excited to see what's to come 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, ST. STEVEN said:

Just keeps mashing, really appreciate that hard-contact rate info too @to_be_quite_frank...that is such good/important stuff

Hitting .190 during his last 10 games.  Was comfortably hitting over .300 most of the season but now he’s down to .273

3 hours ago, Strike Three said:

Hitting .190 during his last 10 games.  Was comfortably hitting over .300 most of the season but now he’s down to .273

18 year olds in their first full session tend to tire out.  Look at Triston Casas. He's got huge raw power and very fast bat speed.  As the hot summer July has come to an end, his swing has become lethargic. It happens to most 18-19 year Olds in their 1st seasons.  All the more reason what Wander Franco is doing is just incredible.

But like most young people too, a 2nd or 3rd wind usually kicks in and start hitting better again.  Pete Alonso last year mentioned how fatigued he got a little after the all star break. Obviously everyones conditioning is different but it's totally understandable seeing 18 year olds tire out in a long season they aren't used to. 

Kelly Munro (Mariners PR) has just congratulated Julio on being promoted to High-A!!

Congratulations to OF Julio Rodriguez who was promoted from A West Virginia to High-A Modesto. He hit .293 (77x263) with 50 R, 20 2B, 1 3B, 10 HR and 50 RBI in 67 games with the Power this season.

16 hours ago, ST. STEVEN said:

He's the next big deal.

what kind of profile does he have? I haven't seen any pro player comps? .290-30-100 type with a few swipes? 

21 hours ago, ChicksDigTheOPS said:

what kind of profile does he have? I haven't seen any pro player comps? .290-30-100 type with a few swipes? 

As far as stats go, I feel like he may never lead the league in homers but be an xbh machine.  Maybe like current bogaerts