Julio Rodriguez, OF, Seattle Mariners

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Strike Three said:

Removed in 4th.  Anyone know why?

Edited by guyhaha

6 hours ago, Strike Three said:

Removed in 4th.  Anyone know why?

• Thanks 1

I noticed the guy behind "scouting the Sally" twitter/website--who has seen Julio plenty this year if I am not mistaken, thinks he could be ready for the bigs by mid June of next year...along with Jared Kelenic. It's aggressive, for sure, but I also don't necessarily doubt it. Kid is special.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

40 minutes ago, Strike Three said:

Top 5 prospect right now?  I vote yes

hell, no.  Maybe top 20, but there are way more people with far better risk/reward profiles who have performed at much higher levels.  I realize his are relative to league is great, but Dylan Carlson for instance, has been more impressive, and no one is claiming he's a top 5 prospect.

56 minutes ago, Strike Three said:

Top 5 prospect right now?  I vote yes

Top 10 for sure (as long as we are talking fantasy lists)...prob very close to top 5 for me.

On 8/22/2019 at 9:30 AM, ST. STEVEN said:

I noticed the guy behind "scouting the Sally" twitter/website--who has seen Julio plenty this year if I am not mistaken, thinks he could be ready for the bigs by mid June of next year...along with Jared Kelenic. It's aggressive, for sure, but I also don't necessarily doubt it. Kid is special.

I would love that aggressive projection to be right (as a dynasty manager who lucked out & grabbed him off the waiver wire this year), but 2021 MLB debut to me is best case scenario. Again, I want to be wrong. 

6 hours ago, cltubbs said:

I would love that aggressive projection to be right (as a dynasty manager who lucked out & grabbed him off the waiver wire this year), but 2021 MLB debut to me is best case scenario. Again, I want to be wrong. 

Ms GM Dipoto is feeling the heat big time.  And he's seen many of his counterparts get canned mid rebuild only to see it successful but it was too late and they were already fired.

Because Dipoto is feeling like time is running out for him (which is crazy because of how amazing he's done stockpiling elite talent) ... you're seeing their big names being super fast tracked like Logan Gilbert and Jarred Kelenic, who I have no doubt will both be up in the majors at some point next year barring injuries or colossal collapses (along with Evan White, Justin Dunn, Kyle Lewis,  Ljay Newsome and Jake Fraley). And next year you'll see Julio Rodriguez, George Kirby and Noelvi Marte on the super fast track too.

Now while I'm a fan of moving elite prospects fast if they aren't being challenged.  Desperate GMs can really hurt the much needed development of young prospects if they're not careful.

Jarred Kelenic is my favorite hitting prospect in baseball right now. Im also expecting Julio Rodriguez to completely breakout next year and hes looking like a monster in the making. Im also a huge fan of Noelvi Marte. George Kirby is my favorite pitcher from the 19 draft. I see so many similarities between him and Logan Gilbert (who Just happened to be my favorite pitcher from 18 draft along with Daniel Lynch).

Dipoto has done an absolutely incredible Job drafting and trading for prospects(Kelenic/Dunn/Fraley/Sheffield). He's gonna make damn sure he survives long enough to see them up which the Mariners will become one of the most exciting young teams in baseball.

Edited by JakeSarna
  • Like 1