Sign in to follow this  
ToO_BaD

Freddy Galvis 2019 Outlook

Recommended Posts

Didn't see a page for him.  Anything to see here?  Less than 5% owned.  Hitting in AL East parks for a ton of games.  Currently at .324/.378/.647 with 3 HRs on the year.  Had a few years with double digit steals for Philly.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The SBs probably aren't coming back, but his defense will keep him in the lineup every day and the Blue Jays lineup is interesting (though obviously not world-beating) and is going to get even more interesting soon as we all know.  Plus he's in a great spot in the lineup.  If you're picking him up in standard 12-team mixed then something went pretty wrong with your SS/MI strategy -- maybe you lost Turner, maybe you bet on Hampson -- but as waiver darts go, he's more appealing to me than Castro / Zobrist / Kinsler types.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is he back on the juice?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/8/2019 at 2:16 PM, tonycpsu said:

The SBs probably aren't coming back, but his defense will keep him in the lineup every day and the Blue Jays lineup is interesting (though obviously not world-beating) and is going to get even more interesting soon as we all know.  Plus he's in a great spot in the lineup.  If you're picking him up in standard 12-team mixed then something went pretty wrong with your SS/MI strategy -- maybe you lost Turner, maybe you bet on Hampson -- but as waiver darts go, he's more appealing to me than Castro / Zobrist / Kinsler types.

 

It has to be a fluke?  The guy has struggled for years,  He does have a bit of pop and the RC is way better hitter's park than San Diego despite recent improvements to the latter.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, KingJoffrey said:

 

It has to be a fluke?  The guy has struggled for years,  He does have a bit of pop and the RC is way better hitter's park than San Diego despite recent improvements to the latter.  

It could be a fluke but it''l cost you next to nothing to find out.  AS middle infielders go, it's a low cost high reward gamble.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, BMcP said:

Is he back on the juice?

 

Still counts in fantasy.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Fantasy_Goat said:

Any news on his hammys?

Sounds like he could he headed to the IL

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Safe drop in mixers for another hot hand play. Hold in AL only if you have an IL spot. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, tonycpsu said:

Safe drop in mixers for another hot hand play. Hold in AL only if you have an IL spot. 

Just what I did [...] Freddy gave me about a week of stellar production. Heal up quick Freddy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, tonycpsu said:

Safe drop in mixers for another hot hand play. Hold in AL only if you have an IL spot. 

 

I don’t know, I’d IL him in mix leagues as well if you have the spot available. Batting in front of Vlad RoS could really increase his fantasy stock tremendously. I’m crossing my fingers it’s nothing major and doesn’t linger but I do hope they’d IL him instead of second guessing. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

2 minutes ago, Fantasy_Goat said:

I don’t know, I’d IL him in mix leagues as well if you have the spot available. Batting in front of Vlad RoS could really increase his fantasy stock tremendously. I’m crossing my fingers it’s nothing major and doesn’t linger but I do hope they’d IL him instead of second guessing. 

 

Sure but if they don't IL him soon you're probably letting some appealing options go by just to hold a guy who was playing well over his head to begin with. Depends on what's on the wire in your leagues and how long it takes to IL him, but there's no reason to wait too long for Freddy Galvis. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Is the run over? Feel like I'm holding him for no reason.

Edited by MugsyBogues

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Recently picked up by the Reds, first 2 games hit 5/6 with a two-run homer. Worth keeping an eye on? Maybe more counting stats in the Reds lineup & a better park for batters

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this