Sign in to follow this  
Palmetto08

Jeremy Jeffress 2019 Outlook

His stuff just isn't quite there yet. As I have been saying it's Guerra that has earned Council's trust and he is becoming the fireman to allow Hader to own the 9th-

Still not getting save ops. Doesn't look like it's gonna happen this year. Anybody still holding?

He's pitching well, he was never going to be a pure closer, and there haven't been an abundance of opportunities for saves on the Brewers lately. I'm not nervous, but then again, he can provide value in my league while not delivering consistent saves.

He's pitching in gradually higher leverage situations, and he's pitching well despite giving up a few ERs. The velocity is back and so is his swagger on the mound. I expect him to get a decent number of save opportunities starting in June, though I don't think Counsell will completely revert to last season's roles. He will do his best to avoid using Hader on consecutive days, and that's where Jeffress might get some chances.