Sign in to follow this  
Trench Mob

Rotisserie Wrap Up

Managed to finish 3rd this year. Not bad from 8th the previous year, but I could've done better. Curious to see who dominated and any pointers you can give.

I didn't think I would've complete the comeback. I was in 10th at one point. Perfect pacing was definitely a key contribute.

Q2phy1M.png

I was dominating, but then I fell behind in steals and ended up third place.  I was counting on Darren Collison (dropped after second month), Thaddeus Young (dropped after second month), Justin Holiday, Caris Levert, Kent Bazemore, Ricky Rubio, and Jeff Teague for my steals.  Somehow they all managed to fail.  Sucks, but that's the game.  I probably should have held onto Young just in case.  At the time I was very happy with Bazemore and Holiday.  

Third year roto for me. Got 1st and 2nd the last two years and got 2nd again. 1st place was unstoppable with Harden and George (and absolutely zero big injuries). 

Mid season I was around place 8 of 12 and with 2 to 3 big trades I was able to climb the standings. 

Posted (edited)

I barely won, and would have dominated had Anthony Davis played the whole season. It was a nail biter, but I pulled it off due to picking up hot waivers the last two weeks. For some reason blocks, boards and fg% came in abundance the last two weeks.

My difference maker was waivers: Pascal Siakam, Ibaka (I drafted him), McGee and Young. Guys like Ingles were great too (drafted). I must get Siakam back next season. MUST!

Edited by ssolitare

Posted (edited)

Won in both 14 & 12 team, 14 being more the competitive one. I was advised to sort of ignore TOs, but I ignored their advice instead and it lead me to getting my points in the 100s (101). Put a waiver on Bryant around December and ran a KAT & Mitchell Robinson at Cs and Bryant & Bev in UTIL somewhere before deadline. Dropped Bryant towards the end when he scored only two points which I regret. KAT’s increase in TOs was sort of a headscratcher, but he rewards you in other cats, so there’s that. I understand he’s trying to grow as a big man, but damn! Triple double with 11 TOs! 

I’m not as experienced as you guys, but if you have the opportunity to play the TOs well, I would take it. Those extra points can help you sleep better during the season even if it means it’s temporary. 

I made some dumb trades over the season though, ex: my Cauley-Stein and Fox for Murray, I thought the Kings couldn’t be trusted & having Fox screws with my FT.

I don’t know how you  feel about this trade, but my Ayton and D’Lo for Klay. Let me explain why I did it:

The guy who I traded with was in first place in standings, he was 3rd or 4th in 3s, 2nd in rebs & 1st in assists.   January-Klay was ‘roto gold’ in a sense during that time and I needed what he had to offer. I was in the bottom 3 in steals, I was way behind in games and had to improve my fg, ft, 3s, somewhat maintain my rebs rate, steals and minimal TOs — I basically needed Klay because he was insane during those times as far as I can remember. So he gains 2 more points in this trade while I could potentially gain a s--- ton of points (note that I was 20-30 games behind) if I also play the wire correctly which I did. Streamed Mason Plumleee when he was hot too for 5-7 games early 2019. I know I could’ve gotten someone better from the Klay trade, but nobody else wanted to trade. In a span of 2 weeks, I went from 77 to 92 for a while, then 101.

Difference maker: Mitchell Robinson, Klay, Thomas Bryant, Otto Porter Jr. (traded Murray & Barnes, first week of Nov.), Patrick Beverley, Bradley Beal post-Wall.

Edited by MysticPeak

Won two leagues which fortunately were two of my biggest ones, one for $1400 and the other $700.  Got third in another one that I thought I would win but AD and to a lesser extent Lowry screwed me.