Sign in to follow this  
Slickthenick

Bounce Back Candidates 2019/2020

I've already been thinking ahead to next season at some players that could have nice bounce back seasons after disappointing this season. These guys come to mind, and I'm wondering if people have a few others on their radar.

Gary Harris

Gordon Hayward

Taurean Prince

Ricky Rubio

Dario Saric

I feel like Harris and Hayward could bounce back nicely but have my doubts on the other three. 

Who do you got as a bounce back and why?

Harris I would gamble on but he's just too injured for me to take inside of the top 100.  Hayward and all Celtics gain value if Kyrie goes away.  Prince for sure he already showed some nice flashes when he came back.  

All pending on offseason moves.  You just never know who will end up where...

Teague.  If he stays healthy he'll be top 3 or at worst top 5 in assists/game. 

Jrue.  Also coming off injury, might be undervalued?

A couple off the top of my head:

J. Butler (Still see him as more of a late 2nd or early 3rd round pick)

R. Westbrook (Mostly due to his poor FT% this year. Should be back to normal next year. Even if normal is only 75%)

J. Allen (I get BKN has multiple rotations, but dude needs to get 10/10 and 2 BLKs every night.)

J. Teague (Get healthy and carry my assists please.)

C. Levert (Before the injury he was killing it, an off-season should get him back to form.)

J. Valanciunas (Was putting up monster lines on MEM, depending on if he stays, could see more from him.)

G. Dragic (Same deal, healthy and no D. Wade should give him a good outlook.)

It will be interesting to see what happens with Middleton. He had a relatively down year. We'll see if someone will pay him max or close to max money in which case the Bucks couldn't afford to keep him. 

43 minutes ago, AndreSplash said:

It will be interesting to see what happens with Middleton. He had a relatively down year. We'll see if someone will pay him max or close to max money in which case the Bucks couldn't afford to keep him. 

It will be interesting.  If he leaves maybe Sterling Brown steps into a larger role on offense.  

1 hour ago, TheVladeFather said:

A couple off the top of my head:

J. Butler (Still see him as more of a late 2nd or early 3rd round pick)

R. Westbrook (Mostly due to his poor FT% this year. Should be back to normal next year. Even if normal is only 75%)

J. Allen (I get BKN has multiple rotations, but dude needs to get 10/10 and 2 BLKs every night.)

J. Teague (Get healthy and carry my assists please.)

C. Levert (Before the injury he was killing it, an off-season should get him back to form.)

J. Valanciunas (Was putting up monster lines on MEM, depending on if he stays, could see more from him.)

G. Dragic (Same deal, healthy and no D. Wade should give him a good outlook.)

Levert and JVal could be better next season than they were this year. No opinion on Teague. But I disagree with Butler, Westbrook, Allen, and Dragic.

Jimmy is on a stacked team, he is what he is at this point. Russ has shown enough to convince me that his 80% ft shooting is gone and he will not magically become a knockdown 3pt shooter.  If anything he regresses with age. Allen had all the opportunity in the world this year and was just solid but not spectacular, which I believe accurately reflects his abilities. Dragic is getting quite old and will continue to decline.

• Like 2

Teague - Will offer extreme value next year, easy 15 & 7.5 guy

80% Fts from Westbrook is long gone. He can't even put together a month of consistent FT shooting at this point. 

Middleton - I think he's a big bounce back guy, given how cheap he will be come draft day next season

G.Harry - He will be so cheap next year that it will almost be no risk all reward. Still extremely injury prone though.

Otto Porter - Same as Harris but he is on a terrible team increasing the injury risk

Dragic - Bounce back yea, but how good? considering he was outside the Top 100 in 17-18

Hayward - If Kyrie leaves, I think he could take a big step in that offence

Taurean Prince is not a good basketball player. The hawks even explored trading him this year and for good reason.

Allen is not a good rebounder for his size. People reached for him this year and they probably learned their lesson (FYI Dwayne Dedmon was ranked 30+ spots ahead of him per game 9 cat)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Durant

Murray

Porter

Hayward

Teague

Valanciunas

Garry Harris <-definately finish better than the no163 overall he was ranked this year but i dont think he will match his round 4/5 value of previous years

Isaac

LeVert

Saric

Jaren Jackson Jr

Wendell Carter Jr

Marvin Bagley

Oladipo

Valanciunas

Middleton

Hayward and Tatum - if Kyrie leaves

• Like 1

JJJ, Wendell, Bagley, Isaac, Tatum ? Don't understand why they are in a "bounce back" topic :unsure:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, GrandGourou said:

JJJ, Wendell, Bagley, Isaac, Tatum ? Don't understand why they are in a "bounce back" topic :unsure:

That's I was about to write too! 

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, GrandGourou said:

Maybe not bounce back lol, but my intent was players i think will beat their ranking from this year and have early round upside for next year. 

Edited by young_styler
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, TheVladeFather said:

R. Westbrook (Mostly due to his poor FT% this year. Should be back to normal next year. Even if normal is only 75%

Isn't that what people said last year?

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Pyschout said:

Isn't that what people said last year?

I mean I'm not saying the dude is going to be a world beater or post 1st round value, but I'm expecting (or maybe hoping) for a return to normalcy I guess. My man is turning 31 (He's not ancient) at the start of next season and won't start the season injured. I guess that's how I'm viewing "Bounce-Back." 

Back in the 2017-2018 season he shot - 45%FG - 74%FT - 29%3PT. While averaging 25/10/10.

This season he shot 43%FG - 65%FT - 29%3PT. While averaging 23/11/10

I don't expect a change in FG% , and it's obviously clear he won't be your 3PTM savior, but he's a career 80% FT shooter. This season just seems fluky considering pre All-Star break he shot 65% and post All-Star break he shot 65%.

I mean technically you could say that because it's a downward trend it will only get worse, but I'd like to be optimistic that Westbrook could get back to being a 2 Cat punt rather than a 3 Cat punt. I may just be bias since I've owned Westbrook on 2 Championship teams, but I like the dudes game, what can I say.

I first think of players returning from injury so Cousins (depending on team) and Porzingis spring to mind immediately.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, TheVladeFather said:

I mean I'm not saying the dude is going to be a world beater or post 1st round value, but I'm expecting (or maybe hoping) for a return to normalcy I guess. My man is turning 31 (He's not ancient) at the start of next season and won't start the season injured. I guess that's how I'm viewing "Bounce-Back." 

Back in the 2017-2018 season he shot - 45%FG - 74%FT - 29%3PT. While averaging 25/10/10.

This season he shot 43%FG - 65%FT - 29%3PT. While averaging 23/11/10

I don't expect a change in FG% , and it's obviously clear he won't be your 3PTM savior, but he's a career 80% FT shooter. This season just seems fluky considering pre All-Star break he shot 65% and post All-Star break he shot 65%.

I mean technically you could say that because it's a downward trend it will only get worse, but I'd like to be optimistic that Westbrook could get back to being a 2 Cat punt rather than a 3 Cat punt. I may just be bias since I've owned Westbrook on 2 Championship teams, but I like the dudes game, what can I say.

The fact he shot 65% pre all star, and 65% post all star would suggest it's more norm, than fluke. This year I fully expected him to bounce back and get closed to 80% from the line and he only got worse. At this point, there is zero reason to expect a bounce back in that category as he has consistently struggled from the line over the past two years. No two month span shows anything close to 80% from the line.

Edited by FantasyBallFan
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, FantasyBallFan said:

The fact he shot 65% pre all star, and 65% post all star would suggest it's more norm, than fluke. This year I fully expected him to bounce back and get closed to 80% from the line and he only got worse. At this point, there is zero reason to expect a bounce back in that category as he has consistently struggled from the line over the past two years. No two month span shows anything close to 80% from the line.

The thing is, even if he improves, a bounce back up to 70% or even if he somehow makes it up to 75% would still be bad for your team.  Now what happens if he gets worse?  He's a pure punt FT player all the way and if I wanted him that bad I would go that route and craft my team around it. 

• Like 2

Not sure about Gary Harris, he hasn't been right since one of his past injuries and seems to have lost any explosiveness he had. Pretty much went from a 2nd option to 4th at best on that Denver team. Pick 100-120 he might be worth but I think many would gamble on him around 80-100. 

• Like 2

Too early since this offseason will shake things up (deep draft too)

basically players coming back from injury are the only notable ones to list now (kp, dipo, nurkic, wall etc) but they will end up being risky if u reach too early 

I will say that Josh richardson should be a great value pick next year, now that the farewell tour is over

OPJ qualifies as he was disappointing all year till he got to Chi, but he’ll likely be gone within by round 5 even with injury concerns

Thats all I can think of rn, too much player movement will happen and management overhauls are already ongoing - wiping out 2nd half rotations (Mem, Lal, Sac)

• Thanks 1

LBJ 

This summer he will get his mojo back after a basketball game in space. The league better watch out in 2020. 

• Haha 2