Sign in to follow this  
ThreadKiller

Alec Bohm - 3B PHI

Supposedly best power bat on the draft last year with good hit tool... I read he's a short arm swinger so all may not translate and he's done nothing so far in the homer department... maybe he'll make a tweak or adjustment and it will click but right now no one is talking about him.. which is a shame cause I've heard a ton about people that are supposed to be less of a prospect 

4 minutes ago, Vonparker said:

I think Gorman was the best power bat last year but yes Bohm is up there. 

Agreed.

He just hasn't done anything yet and I mean ANYTHING. Too early to call him a bust or is the upside still there?

3 hours ago, ThreadKiller said:

Agreed.

He just hasn't done anything yet and I mean ANYTHING. Too early to call him a bust or is the upside still there?

After 167 at bats in the minors across two seasons? That's all it is going to take to draw the conclusions for a career? I tend to give these young guys a little more time to adjust to life in the minors and wood bats and everything new coaches are throwing their way. He is getting on base. If he had 1 HR this year I don't think there would be much to say about him either way. 

I just don't think he is that interesting of a prospect. I find India (another slow starter for his career) to be a much more interesting prospect. 

On ‎4‎/‎12‎/‎2019 at 4:11 PM, thezing1 said:

After 167 at bats in the minors across two seasons? That's all it is going to take to draw the conclusions for a career? I tend to give these young guys a little more time to adjust to life in the minors and wood bats and everything new coaches are throwing their way. He is getting on base. If he had 1 HR this year I don't think there would be much to say about him either way. 

I just don't think he is that interesting of a prospect. I find India (another slow starter for his career) to be a much more interesting prospect. 

Patience my friend. Fangraphs has Bohm ranked higher than Gorman and so does Baseball America. The tools are there. He will eventually mash.