Sign in to follow this  
mocha4313

Do this trade? WHIR

Redraft Points League

Give up Mondesi and Rendon to get Matt Chapman, Trevor Story and Edwin Diaz?

My other middle infielders are Machado, Albies and Villar

Other corner infielders are J-Ram, Rizzo, Hoskins and Carpenter.

Other RPs are Kirby, Osuna and Wade Davis (who I would probably drop if I accepted)

Thoughts?

Rendon is a stud, but I do like the return you are getting. Story & Chapman are solid & Diaz obviously helps your RP. Thanks for mine and good luck!!

• Like 1

Seems like you have the depth where you could make you could make this deal.You lose some speed with Mondesi, but you get two solid bats back. Could be break even or a gain in offense depending what type of season Chap/Story have, then you get a stud RP. I don't think it's a bad deal. 

• Like 1

I'm not as educated in points leagues, but that seems like a solid return.  I don't know haw far ahead you might come out, but I certainly don't think it's a big risk for you.

Thanks for mine!

• Like 1

He would also be willing to replace Diaz with Taillon. Any thoughts on which I should take, if either?

2 hours ago, mocha4313 said:

He would also be willing to replace Diaz with Taillon. Any thoughts on which I should take, if either?

I'm playing in a points league for the first time since I was a teenager in the early 90s, so this roto guy is trying to relearn how to succeed in a points format. And from what I can tell, good pitching is WAY more valuable than good hitting, if your league is anything like the one I'm in. So if you're able to get two hitters back like Chap and Story AND add a pitcher, I say do it. 

As far as which pitcher, it seems in points leagues that having a pitcher who wins is important. For instance, Caleb Smith is not a good points-league SP because he'll get so few wins with Miami while probably piling up a lot of losses. I love Taillon and would lean more his direction, hoping that the Pirates would eventually start giving him some run support. However, will his concussion have any lingering affects? Gun to head...I think I'd take Diaz. 

Thanks for your thoughts on mine :)

• Thanks 1

I don't think I'd do that. I like Chapman and Story is gold in Coors, but Rendon is my favorite out of that bunch. He is a legitimate top 3 MVP candidate this season. Throw in Mondesi's SBs, and I'd stay put. 

• Thanks 1

Not sure about points either. With that said, the deal seems close. Getting rid of two solid hitters in return for a decent hitter, a solid hitter, and a solid arm. What points are more important; Saves or pitching stats from starters? Diaz is a top tier closer for a better mets team. Maybe stick with Diaz. I guess do the deal..slightly. 

• Thanks 1

It's only April 13..Rendon has an amazing start but don't think we can draw conclusions yet.  I am not a huge fan of Mondesi and think he will hit a slump sometime in the future due to his plate discipline.

I'd say go for it.

• Thanks 1

Only do it for diaz

• Thanks 1

I actually think this is a no brainer trade to make with Diaz. I guess I'm not as high on mondesi or rendon, but even if you are, you're getting three studs for two

• Thanks 1

Not sure I see the appeal to this trade if you have to end up dropping Davis. What if they guy you're trading with picks him up (and he has a good season)? Then it's basically like you included him in the trade for free.

I'd rather have Mondesi/Rendon.

• Thanks 1