Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Bend the Rules

Dallas McPherson, 3B, FLA

You are prob' right Czar but IMO you gotta give any guy projecting 50 friggin' bombs a chance at the show to prove you wrong.

You are prob' right Czar but IMO you gotta give any guy projecting 50 friggin' bombs a chance at the show to prove you wrong.

Well, you are probably right. There is always somebody that could use the HR's even if it it comes with a .220 avg.

K ratio is just one of my favorite indicators and this guy just isnt' good at making contact. Here is my write-up devoted to Brandon Wood on the subject: http://baseballguys.com/rookiereport_conta...nwood_may14.pdf (From May, so some things have changed obviously. Longoria for one has figured it out.)

I hate guys under 80% but there are lots of decent ones in the high 70's like Bay, but guys that fall below 70% are just not ownable in a roto format IMO. I doubt I ever draft Ryan Howard again, even with his HR upside. HR's are easily made up, but a huge hit to your BA is not in a Roto format.

It is just tough seeing LaPorta, who is at a very solid 79% being talked down over a guy that is under 70%. McPherson should get another shot, but to expect him to hit for that .307 avg. he is sporting at the minor league level is wishful thinking. Russel Branyan is another guy that comes to mind. Dallas just looks like the next version of Branyan IMO. He will get another shot eventually, but it is all or nothing with that swing. Branyan has held on forever now and started hot this year as well, but the numbers are evening out again.

im a big fan of dallas...the only problem is the marlins have no place for him... bringing up a rookie and having him ride the bench is pointless, they rather him get everyday at bats instead. gettnig an at bat here and there can eally hurt his enterence to the majors so their trying to avoid that by playing him everyday in minor league ball.. it would be nice to bring dallas up to maybe play a mix of 3b/1b went jacobs or cantu have off

im a big fan of dallas...the only problem is the marlins have no place for him... bringing up a rookie and having him ride the bench is pointless, they rather him get everyday at bats instead. gettnig an at bat here and there can eally hurt his enterence to the majors so their trying to avoid that by playing him everyday in minor league ball.. it would be nice to bring dallas up to maybe play a mix of 3b/1b went jacobs or cantu have off

Um...McPherson's not a rookie.

http://mlb.mlb.com/team/player.jsp?player_id=425774

Also interesting to note, though I'm sure it's some sort of error on MLB.com's part, but they list him as a CF. If that's the case, maybe they could rotate him into the OF. B)

I have got to think that the Marlins might sour on Jacobs since he has been injured off and on, and isnt hitting well.. Cantu is gettting an awfully long look at 1b the past few weeks... Just saying.. Might 3b become available soon?

Um...McPherson's not a rookie.

http://mlb.mlb.com/team/player.jsp?player_id=425774

Also interesting to note, though I'm sure it's some sort of error on MLB.com's part, but they list him as a CF. If that's the case, maybe they could rotate him into the OF. B)

32 BOMBS NOW! Give the guy some love.. FLORIDA, PLEASE TRADE JACOBS AT THE DEADLINE... Jacobs for Fuentes, bring up Mc-Fire, and move Cantu to a spot where he wont make an error every night@!

I have got to think that the Marlins might sour on Jacobs since he has been injured off and on, and isnt hitting well.. Cantu is gettting an awfully long look at 1b the past few weeks... Just saying.. Might 3b become available soon?

This guy is tearing up the minors. I have been seeing a lot of the Marlins this week (playing the Dodgers). It appears that the Marlins move Cantu to 1st base and play Wes Helms. I would like to see Dallas get the call and get an opportunity. At one point, he was pretty promising and he is not that old. The guy has 31 homers already.

Mike Jacobs occupies 1B, so unless he or Jorge Cantu slump badly or get hurt, I don't see McPherson getting regular PT in the major league club.

This guy is tearing up the minors. I have been seeing a lot of the Marlins this week (playing the Dodgers). It appears that the Marlins move Cantu to 1st base and play Wes Helms. I would like to see Dallas get the call and get an opportunity. At one point, he was pretty promising and he is not that old. The guy has 31 homers already.

He already has 32 hr but the 108 K in 293 ab are not helping.

The words "Dallas McPherson" and "beast" should not be used in the same sentence until he actually produces at the major league level. He's already let one organization down, so don't get your hopes up.

121 K's in 117 major league AB's. When he fixes that, he can be considered a beast

Wow. More K's than AB's. Isn't that kind of like hard to do?

121 K's in 117 major league AB's. When he fixes that, he can be considered a beast

That shouldnt be too hard to fix. B) I guess he's already a beast in your book.

The words "Dallas McPherson" and "beast" should not be used in the same sentence until he actually produces at the major league level. He's already let one organization down, so don't get your hopes up.

Ok, not beast but the 2nd coming of David Kingman?

The Angels thought he was so beastly that they got rid of him even though they have weaklings like Robb Quinlan, Myspace Izturis, and sometimes Chone Figgins manning 3B.

Quite honestly - McPherson's numbers are completely mystifying to me. I don't ever recall seeing numbers like his. How can you have a .300 batting average, 32 HRs, but still be on pace to strike out over 200 times in a full season? He sports a .406 OB% - again, amazing for a guy who strikes out over 200 times in a season. I've heard Branyon comparisons, but that's not even close. Branyon never had a decent batting average and he never had a decent OB%.

I know the strikeouts are extremely high, but with that average around .300 and such a high OB% - you have to make room for the guy. I've heard rumors of the Marlins possibly trading M.Jacobs, moving Cantu to 1st base, and calling up McPherson to man 3rd base. Is there any validity to that rumor?

Hit 3 more yesterday, and he is up to 38 HR's already.. I know he has a shot when he was younger, I know he strikes out a bunch, but come on already.. this guy is INSANE!!

wow, i didnt realize that...lol

he does strikeout a lot still, but i wonder why the marlins arent callin him up...i guess cantu is just blowing their minds!!

That's really impressive, even by PCL standards. Nice OBP too. He really should be playing for a ml club instead of squandering his "prime" years in the minors. I also didn't realize he was 28.