Flyman75

Mike Minor 2019 Outlook

Minor has been fizzling lately. Throwing good K numbers, but letting a ****ton of dudes on base. Anybody have a closer look at something that might have changed? Is he getting worn out or are batters just figuring out his stuff?

I have been pleased by the pickup overall, but am becoming worried.

1 minute ago, Macgregor said:

Minor has been fizzling lately. Throwing good K numbers, but letting a ****ton of dudes on base. Anybody have a closer look at something that might have changed? Is he getting worn out or are batters just figuring out his stuff?

I have been pleased by the pickup overall, but am becoming worried.

I think he's getting worn out. 

Rangers have some nice pitching going right now.  Only concern is June-early September GLP turns into Coors Field.

39 minutes ago, B&F said:

Rangers have some nice pitching going right now.  Only concern is June-early September GLP turns into Coors Field.

Hope is still that Minor gets dealt as a fantasy owner, but Rangers have proven to be resilient, so may have to live through the divey Texas pitching environment.

Another strong start 11 straight starts of 3 earned runs or less. 

Mike Minor is a def start the rest of the season unless you really have a loaded staff and he still might be. some people might figure he is a fluke and playing above his ability but that is the Martin Perez types. Minor is a better start the rest of the season than guys like Nola, Bumgarner and Davies.

Posted (edited)

I don't understand baseball at all this year, but I'm happy for minor. he looked to have a promising career ahead of him when he came up with the Braves. 

Edited by 2ndCitySox

40 minutes ago, 2ndCitySox said:

I don't understand baseball at all this year, but I'm happy for minor. he looked to have a promising career ahead of him when he came up with the Braves. 

Does he have the most starts with 8+ innings this year (at least four). Incredible someone we see as so fragile is the leagues biggest workhorse this year 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Mike Minor today @ Milwaukee

8 IP

4 H

1 BB

11 K’s

Shutout

Win

This proceeds a 7 IP shutout win he hung on the streaking Tribe his previous start. Collectively, Minor’s last two outings — 15 IP, 11 hits, 2 walks, 18 K’s, 0 runs, 2 wins

Sure, he hit a rough patch In July, but given his last two outings and the 2.90 ERA, 1.18 WHIP, 210-215 K, 15-16 win season-long pace he’s operating under 3/4’s of the way through, I feel as though he’s earned a little love, and therefore, a little 2019 Rotoworld outlook forum Mike Minor thread bump is/was in order; hence what I did right here.

Edited by Chest-Rockwell
  • Like 2