Fantasy Dork

Hunter Dozier 2019 Outlook

Holy KC BBQ Batman!  Now his wife is popping a bun out the oven and he's not coming back until next week.  Couple of days on the bench turned into a month.  

SUN, JUN 16, 11:20 PM ROTOWIRE.COM

Dozier will start a rehab assignment with Double-A Northwest Arkansas on Monday, Jeffrey Flanagan of MLB.com reports.

Spin: Dozier is expected to spend three days with the Naturals before joining his wife Thursday for the birth of his child. He'll then be sent to Triple-A Omaha, where he'll finish out the remainder of his rehab stint. It was initially reported that Dozier could return sometime during the Royals' upcoming series with the Mariners, but given this most recent timetable, it looks as though he'll remain on the injured list at least until the weekend.

Just now, Redsfan34 said:

Is he expected back tomorrow?

I heard Monday, source, CBS.

• Thanks 1

He's baaaaaack.

Royals activated 3B Hunter Dozier from the 10-day injured list.

Dozier has been out of action all month with a chest injury that took longer than initially anticipated to recover from. He's back in the lineup against Martin Perez and the Twins on Friday.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Fantasy Dork said:

He's baaaaaack.

Seems like a great matchup on paper vs. Perez... but he has a weird reverse split.

I got 3 starters back in one week lol.

Bull-Dozier.

Let's see if he can turn in a strong 2nd half and be a keeper candidate.

This guy is a legit beast now. Crazy turnaround, looks like someone was working like a mofo on his game this offseason! He seems legit better everywhere.

People on page 8 were suggesting he's a drop. It's a shame that we all don't have their incredible insight

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, street sharks said:

People on page 8 were suggesting he's a drop. It's a shame that we all don't have their incredible insight

I have dropped Dozier twice this year and have gotten him back both times. He just isn't a hot commodity because he has basically zero name value - it's hard to trade him for this reason too. He's definitely showing he should be owned everywhere.

2 minutes ago, daethfromabove1979 said:

I have dropped Dozier twice this year and have gotten him back both times. He just isn't a hot commodity because he has basically zero name value - it's hard to trade him for this reason too. He's definitely showing he should be owned everywhere.

No success trying to trade this guy (in some deals I'm lucky were rejected). The type who allows your to trade one of your higher name value guys (assuming he keeps it up). 

1 hour ago, daethfromabove1979 said:

8 team league?

How are you dropping him.

I have Bell at 1B, Rendon at 3B and Krush Davis at Util. Even with that I can't bring myself to drop this guy. He's legit

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, papasmurf said:

8 team league?

How are you dropping him.

12 teamer, dropped him when he was injured and nobody grabbed him. I don't think people expect him to keep it up but all the underlying numbers indicates the breakout is real.

Been pretty lousy since his return. Any concerns or just cold stretch?

1 minute ago, bradwatson said:

For myself a one month slump is not alarming. After one month I become concerned.  I bench after a week slump though.

1 hour ago, bradwatson said:

He had a couple games with a bunch of strikeouts but other than that he’s still making solid contact and not Striking out too much. Just been a bit unlucky so it should turn around again. 

Since his return (about 10 days ago), his LD/GB/FB numbers and Hard% have been fantastic, but it’s come with a 30% K% and 14% SwStrk %, which is cause for concern if it holds.

Again, small sample size, so not enough to draw anything conclusive, but before getting hurt, his K% was below 20 and his SwStrk% was below 10, which put him in elite territory when combined with all the batted ball and statcast data. 

Just gotta hope he can get back to those numbers or else he isn’t as special as he seemed prior to the injury.

14 hours ago, Fantasy Dork said:

Since his return (about 10 days ago), his LD/GB/FB numbers and Hard% have been fantastic, but it’s come with a 30% K% and 14% SwStrk %, which is cause for concern if it holds.

Again, small sample size, so not enough to draw anything conclusive, but before getting hurt, his K% was below 20 and his SwStrk% was below 10, which put him in elite territory when combined with all the batted ball and statcast data. 

Just gotta hope he can get back to those numbers or else he isn’t as special as he seemed prior to the injury.

Most guy's stats during a slump aren't going to be too pretty. Seems like his timing is just off from watching his at bats lately. Even during the game yesterday the Royals booth was saying the same thing. He was fouling off 92 mph fastballs that he usually barrels. 

Yeah, I’m not worried yet. Just pointing out where his numbers differ from before he got hurt.

Still hitting the ball hard. Still hitting an excellent percentage of line drives and fly balls. And he is also walking over 10% of the time. Just needs to get his K% and SwStrk % down.